Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Coffee Chat : June 2017

Okay, so far so good back on the blogging wagon. Here I am, 2 posts in a row. BAM.

Even now that we're done wedding-ing, I feel like I have so much to catch up on. Even though I saw many of my friends and family at the MacMod wedding last month, it's not like we got to sit down and gab for an hour. In fact, I feel like I barely got to see people. I feel like I have lots that my friends are up to that I want to hear about.

I would love to have a coffee date with errybody - but maybe iced coffee, because the heat and humidity are finally here. We turned on the AC Sunday night. After I thought I was cool to leave it off, but I tossed and turned and finally woke up all overheated at 1AM and had to get up, close all the windows, and turn the AC on. Hmph.

If we were having coffee...

I'd tell you that I really want to recap our Switzerland trip. But I'm sort of lost for how to start. I feel like it was all so incredible, and I took over 3,000 pictures, sooo, not sure how to narrow that down. But, here's another teaser. Do you guys like big, long recaps? Mostly just pictures with a few highlights?


I'd tell you that I used Instagram Stories for the first time last weekend, and I think I like it, even if I'm still not really sure how they work. Do you guys like Instagram stories? For those of you reading that follow me (or want to follow me) what types of stuff do you guys like to see? Like my super simple crockpot dinner?


I'd tell you we're having family over on Saturday. And I am so excited to use some of our new serving dishes!

I'd tell you that our dinner on Sunday was amazing. And I didn't manage to snap a picture. We had grilled salmon, that we did on our salt block, so it was super flaky and salty. Plus grilled asparagus, potatoes & bell peppers. And I made a quick sangria with some sliced peaches & nectarines, plus Merlot, a splash of Triple Sec & a splash of the orange soda that Mr. Sass was drinking and it turned out great!


I'd also tell you that bike rides are the best. And more light in the mornings makes for great bike riding, before all the crazies are out texting and driving.


What would you tell me if we got to grab coffee?
What's your favorite thing to grill?
Do you like Instagram Stories?
If so - what do you like to see?

Linking up with Amanda

5 comments:

  1. I still haven't figured out instagram stories or even looked at it! It seems daunting for some reason. And I definitely get that phenomenal trips can be hard to recap... how do you capture all that in words?!? But I look forward to reading about it and any tips you have :) Your photos look stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to not understand how Stories worked or what the point of them is, but now I'm addicted.

    I understand the challenge of recapping phenomenal trips. There's so much to share but the task of writing it all down (and finding time to do so!) is daunting. I personally prefer recaps that are a middle ground of the two options you describe - I like a lot of content, but not every single detail. I like to read about and see pictures of the most noteworthy and interesting things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Switzerland is so beautiful! I can't wait to see more photos. Maybe you could break it up into several posts?
    I don't have a grill! It's been on the list to buy for years but we never manage to get around to it. At this point maybe we should wait until end-of-summer sales? I do love a good steak, but salmon & veggies sounds good too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Instagram stories; it's just fun to see the things people get to do every day, whether it be cooking or baking or working or studying. :)

    And your Switzerland trip looks AWESOME! You should do a long recap, because you can look back on it like an online journal years from now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my favorite things to grill are the little "N├╝rnberger sausages" that you can get at Trader Joe's... they're a must for every (German) BBQ :) Maybe Aldi has them too?

    Too be honest, I have been hesitant to use Instagram stories... and I have a hard time keeping up with the stories that are posted by others. Sometimes I will watch them (on the weekends), but during the week, I just don't find the time to keep up.... how do people have so much time to record these stories and then also watch their friends' stories??
    Maybe I should give it a try though? Would you recommend it?

    ReplyDelete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!