Friday, May 12, 2017

Friday Five #68

Alternate Title : It's MacMod Wedding weekend! Ahhhh! Seriously, 8 months ago when this guy asked me to marry him, I never quite imagined the time would fly by like it has. Or that table runners would be stressing me out. Or that my dress would have just arrived to Pittsburgh late last night. Or that people would suck so bad at RSVP-ing.

Things going on this weekend... so much love from all my people. Starting in a few hours we're setting up our reception venue, all the way down to the chair covers, and the Pittsburgh Cookie Table. 1200-ish cookies? Don't mind if I do.

Today's Friday Five is going to be a little different than the rest. No funnies, you'll have to find those elsewhere. Instead, I'm talking 5 relationship moments. The ones that stick out more than the rest. Other than that, just call me Mrs. Sass, and I'll catch y'all on the flip side. I probably won't make it back here until post honeymoon, or maybe even June, but, I'll be on Instagram, so follow me there.

one // On our third date Mr. Sass took me hiking to Ohiopyle, we hiked a few different trails, and even snapped this awkward picture of us. We grabbed a burger mid-day, and after he dropped me off, we were having so much fun that I just grabbed a shower and headed to his house for dinner. I was doing Whole 30 at the time, so he graciously listened to all the rules, cooked me dinner, and then asked me to be his girlfriend.

| side note | - Can we talk about how many things I'm wearing around my right wrist? Why was I doing this!? Also, why did I keep doing it for months following this picture!?


two // The first time he told me he loved me. Mr. Sass planned a winter camping trip, in the dead of December so I could test out my hiking gear for Kilimanjaro. He even convinced 2 of our friends they should join us. Day 1 was great, but day 2 was about as enjoyable as you would expect camping in December to be.


three // How about the time when less than a year into our relationship, we booked a trip to New Zealand further into the future than the amount of time we had been dating. And somehow it all worked fine, and I may have gotten a little hangry, but no one died. 



four // We had had a long weekend planned for months. While I thought there was a chance he might propose this weekend, I definitely had my doubts, he just seemed like his normal self. Wasn't he supposed to be acting all nervous and weird? Instead we hopped out to a rock in front of a waterfall, and he got down on one knee. You can read the rest of our engagement story here.


five // I think sometimes in the day to day, and all the little things that make life keep spinning, like, what's for dinner, and put tissues on the grocery list, and mowing the grass, it can be easy to forget some of the things that you love most about this person. These qualities are not at the front of your mind. Then one thing happens and they're tossed back in front of you and you remember how great this person is and why it is you want to share your food with them love them forever. Like when your future MIL has pneumonia and Mr. Sass hops out of bed after an hour of sleep to make quiche, mop floors, and without a single complaint. If there is ever an emergency, whether it be shortbread bars or a burning building, without a doubt I want Mr. Sass on my team.


Am I nervous about Saturday? Yes. I'm nervous we'll run out of booze, or cups, or ice, or that the weather will suck and rain all day. I'm nervous that the priest won't show, or a groomsman will be late, or my hair will look terrible. I'm nervous about a million things, but none of them are you. None of them are about committing in front of friends and family to spend my life with you. That doesn't make me nervous at all.


No questions - but leave me your best piece of marriage advice if you have any.


linking up with Heather, Amanda, AndreaTifDella & Katie

13 comments:

  1. I absolutely cannot wait to see you two love birds tie the knot tomorrow <3 it's going to be a special day - regardless if you run out of booze, cups, ice - or if the weather sucks. it will be a day the two of you will remember forever - & I'm sure i'll remember it forever too. LOVE you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHH tomorrow is going to be the best day of your life! Just enjoy it. Know that things will come up out of your control but they will be taken care of. Just remember people will be photographing you throughout the day so keep smiling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such sweet moments. Congratulations & enjoy your day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!! Wishing you all the best! Enjoy your special day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dont be nervous. I tell all my brides - in the end, you'll be married - even if the WORST THING like running out of booze, or rain happens - all trivial!
    My best advise? Try & find one compliment or kind thing to say to your husband every day. It makes a difference.
    Congratulations on your big day -I cant wait to see pictures. I'm sending you all the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, so much love and congratulations to you two this weekend!!! Not so much marriage advice, but wedding advice: make sure you stop a few points during the day on Saturday to really take everything in. The wedding is going to pass by so quickly, so make sure you etch those moments in your mind. And have fun on that friggen honeymoon, the best part! ~Jessica Marie @ flashfittrainer.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So excited for you! It'll be great! Promise!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Many congratulations to both of you!! The day is about the both of you, let somebody else worry about the cups, and make sure you eat and enjoy yourself !

    My only marriage advice, never stop talking to each other and really communicating. Tell him things that bother you, things that make you happy, no matter how small.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so sweet. Both of you have such gems in each other; I hope and pray that you have a long sweet marriage. <3 Keep treasuring those little moments and big moments. <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was THE SWEETEST post ever. Seriously love it so much. I completely agree with #5 about Mr. Sass..when we were leaving your house with the oregano and mint Dan and I both said (pretty much simultaneously) that he is the kind of guy that you can always count on and seems like he can take care of a scary situation. You have a good one there (and he has a GREAT one with you!). My only advice is to not compare yourself or your timelines to anyone else. You don't need to have kids now or ever, you don't have to struggle through your first year of marriage, you don't have to be perfect all of the time, you don't have to do ANYTHING but be mr. and mrs. sass.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so behind on blog reading but this post is SO sweet! You guys are the cutest!

    And a big huge CONGRATULATIONS! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Best marriage advice: never give up on each other.

    Can't wait to hear all about the big day! <3

    ReplyDelete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!