Friday, April 28, 2017

Friday Five #67

Last weekend Mr. Sass and I got shit done. Half marathon, check. Marriage license, check. Engagement pictures (finally), check. And while I don't think we'll get to check as many satisfying big items off our to-do list, there is lot's happening.

I'm hoping the weather will cooperate, as we have a 1st birthday party to go to + I'm hoping to squeeze in my first bike ride in quite some time.


one // Whole Foods near us has a pub - which like, you think to yourself how great can a bar inside a grocery store be, but the answer is it's amazing. They had 20+ beers on tap + flights + trivia + bottles. And a fun, casual atmosphere, that was pleasantly not crowded. Gretchen and I stayed for a drink or two, may or may not have had our asses handed to us at trivia, and definitely agreed we would be back.

One of these beers is not like the other...


two // And then the weather Wednesday was wonderful - Ciara texted me late in the day and wanted to grab a drink. We were able to snag a patio spot and enjoy a drink in the sunshine.


three // No filter needed for this one. We usually get a pretty good view of the sunset, even if there are some power lines in the way, this one earlier in the week was particularly vivid. #NoFilter


Anyone ever heard the saying, "Red sky in the morning sailors take warning, red sky at night, sailors delight"? [edit] - apparently I've been saying it backwards, so Mr. Sass is currently on the couch beside me low key losing his shit that I'm typing this wrong - and it's going on the Internet. Shrugs.

four // Came home to not one, but two displays of love on Thursday night. Food and flowers, or specifically in this case, fish and flowers. Sitting only a few feet apart. Can't get much closer to your food than this I guess. Free range, wild caught (by Mr. Sass), organic, all natural, grass fed fish.




five // Funnies...


 Me, on our honeymoon. ;)



And me, tonight.


What are you up to this weekend?
What was the best part of your week?
What does your SO think about your blog?
'Cause Mr. Sass just said - so you're gonna write questions, and then people are going to  comment and answer them? 'Cause that's obnoxious. K, thanks. Not quite a blogger husband just yet. ;) [edit] - He just proclaimed, sassily, "I'm a catch and people should know that".

linking up with Heather, Amanda, AndreaTifDella & Katie

12 comments:

  1. Tre is just glad he made it on the blog on Monday ;) We'll see how things go as it progresses. I feel like I've got SO much going on this weekend. Long run, wedding, brunch w/ the BF. Then studying my butt off for finals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I feel like some people are super cool with blogs, and Mr. Sass is like why do you tell people on the Internet about our lives. But, he also hasn't posted to FB since like October when we got engaged, so, yeah. Not really a sharing type person.

      Delete
  2. I think my hubs, after 10 years, totally ignores my blog. He just knows his family is always telling him things they read on it & he's like, "So I hear you told this... that... "haha He FINALLY is accepting that I have to take random pictures. I always just say, "I'm a blogger - gotta do it" ;)

    That fish... oh my LORD - I would have had to run out the door if that was placed in front of me - or near me. YIKES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I think it says a little too much about our household at first that I didn't notice them until I passed them a second time. Shrugs. Not the weirdest thing I've seen on our counter.

      Delete
  3. Hahah that unicorn quote is hilarious! Have a great weekend. Hope you can pop by my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dan is happy that I've met so many cool people from my blog (like YOU!!) and likes to take pictures for me, but doesn't read it and doesn't even know the address lol!! His entire family reads it, yet he hasn't read a single post. I'm glad you got a lot of things crossed off your list and that you have a relaxing/fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't even know the address! Ha. That's too funny, though Mr. Sass probably doesn't either!

      Delete
  5. Ja ja !! I love the funnies!! Red skies are always the best!!

    I hope you have an awesome busy weekend!

    My fiancé is not allowed to read my blog, he doesn't want to. I'm ok with having my own space to talk about my own things.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found out I have some family members, like an aunt & uncle that found it somehow, and they email me about things on it, but don't comment. Which, then makes me a little paranoid. I do kind of like that most of my family doesn't know about it.

      Delete
  6. That sunset is so pretty! And oh my word that husky meme is SO me. Jesse always asks why I have to take a picture of everything :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least when there is a pretty view Mr. Sass gets a little camera crazy too. But, when it comes to food, it's all me.

      Delete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!