Friday, April 21, 2017

Friday Five #66

Ohh heeeyyyy there. Two weeks with no Friday Five? Yeah. And almost a third. But here I am. Checking in. I'm still alive. Per my April goals. Promise. Lot's happening this weekend. Half marathon #9 tomorrow + day date with Mr. Sass, engagement picture take #768 4-ish on Sunday & hopefully making it out in time to celebrate a friends engagement.

If you've been keeping up with my training, then you know that I totally rocked this whole training cycle. I'm running a small rails to trails race on Saturday and I can't wait to get myself that new PR. I'll be back on Monday with a training recap, but in the meantime, I'll be posting the whole weekend on Instagram.


one // Mr. Sass does the whole fish on Fridays during Lent thing. So by association, I did too. I'd forgotten how much I like fish. For whatever reason, despite my love for fish it has always been a very intimidating thing to cook. I tested the waters with a one-pan shrimp recipe and another one-pan salmon recipe. Both with great success. So, I branched out and made salmon in the cast iron, and it turned out great. So, fish once a week is here to stay.


two // Thursday was a whole lot of crazy at work. And not even just lots of general chaos, but truly out of the ordinary things, and lots of them, all needing solved. And I'm just looking around, like, do I look like I have the answer to this...? 'Cause I don't. Needless to say I was excited to end the day with a massage and then an impromptu stop at my favorite ice cream shop. 2 scoops of Cookie Butter ice cream with real chunks of Speculoos cookies. Mmm.


three // Okay, so I promise I've been doing things besides eating. Not necessarily a lot of things. Mostly running and sleeping. But I have done things. Like jump for joy when I finally finished my 10 week half marathon training. And also thank my lucky stars no one was around to witness me try to get this jump shot...


four // Okay, one more thing that's kind of food. Bourbon Slush. Kentucky women, you may know what I'm talking about. Other folks, you may not have a clue, but it's time to get one, because these puppies are delicious, easy to make in bulk, easy to keep on hand, easy to prep ahead of time, and simple. I was able to snatch a picture of the best Bourbon Slush recipe ever. I plan to make it post-wedding and post the recipe complete with pictures & more detailed instructions.



five // Funnies...





What are you up to this weekend?
What's your favorite make ahead cocktail?

linking up with Heather, Amanda, AndreaTifDella & Katie

14 comments:

  1. I am always the one posted up next to the snacks! No shame!! Sooo excited to see you in the morning =) Mr. Sass + I get some Quality Time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And managed to pack our whole summer full of activities before it even starts. ;) I'm not mad.

      Delete
  2. Your jump picture is perfect. Also that ice cream cone is calling my name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily! I did it as a video and then took a screen shot of this frame! Makes it so much easier!

      Delete
  3. That ice cream flavor sounds to die for!

    Have a wonderful race tomorrow! I know you've been working really hard and you'll do great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being a KY gal my whole life, I havent heard of Bourbon Slush... Totally all other things bourbon - bourbon balls are the main thing I know about. But that sounds interesting... & love how old the recipe is :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the perfect recipe. The best part is how easy it is to keep a big container in the freezer, any time guests come over, they're all like WOW, how fancy, and I'm like yeah, pulled this right out of the freezer...

      Delete
  5. I'll take the dinner and the ice-cream. Please and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I wish I had both of those right now myself!

      Delete
  6. LOL at the dating meme. i have never been one of those women who ordered a light meal when out, even if i was hungry ....if i'm hungry, get out of my way and don't judge me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NOPE. I can make a salad at home, so you won't find me ordering one out!

      Delete
  7. That ice cream, and that bourbon slush, sound amazing. I need to try that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan to re-post the slush recipe since it's a little hard to read, let me know if you try it!

      Delete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!