Friday, April 7, 2017

Friday Five #65

Hi Friends. It has been a week. There's a lot going on, mostly wedding related, which means I'm a busy bee, which means things like wiping down the counter tops or stove, have made their way to the back burner. Did you catch my pun there? Back burner? Wiping the stove? GET IT!? Anyways, not getting things cleaned up is making everything feel messier than it really is. Which makes me feel overwhelmed. Which makes me feel like I just want to sit and watch 'My 600 LB Life' on TLC instead of doing anything. Not that I spent all evening Wednesday doing that...

Anyways, it is Friday, we did it! I've got a busy weekend ahead, the MacMod house will be running at full capacity tonight, 3 friends are coming to stay the night before my bachelorette party tomorrow. We're doing a giant sleepover, and I am so excited to eat queso, drink whiskey sours, and enjoy my people.


one // People who can't manage to RSVP to the wedding are high atop my shit list this week. Honestly. The deadline was last Sunday. I politely hassled everyone one week in advance to remind them to RSVP. That didn't seem to inspire anyone. Individual texts after the deadline got a few more people to respond. But there are still a few who just won't answer. QUEUE RAGE. Honestly. I finally told them if I don't hear back today I'm marking them down as a no. I actually think this is a vendetta because I said 'no kids' - but I hate to assume anyone is really that petty.

two // I've loved playing around with my phone to get some great action shots of me running. And I've actually discovered that the key is to take a video, and instead of playing it, just run through in pause mode, and screenshot anything you love. I know this works for iPhone, but no idea if Samsung can do the same thing. Either way. Game. Changer.


three // I was a lost soul on Wednesday during lunch. I have a bad habit of going to the library, and checking out more books than I could ever read in a two week period. I decided to reign it in, and only check out 2 books the last time I was there. Well, wouldn't you know, I blew through those 2 books before I could get back to the library again. I needed to get out of the office, so I wandered over to Ross. I ended up finding some fabulous dresses, including one that I think would be perfect for the rehearsal dinner!


four // And that's it, my brain is fried. So, I guess this is really more of a Friday 4.5. No shame in my game.

five // Funnies...




What are you up to this weekend?
What's the best sign you've ever seen at a race?
What would you do about the people who haven't RSVP'd?

linking up with Heather, Amanda, AndreaTifDella & Katie

16 comments:

  1. YAY for sleepovers & QUESO!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bring Tums! Haha, we're gonna need them!

      Delete
  2. I am DREADING getting RSVPs back! It is one thing that make me go a little bridezilla. The dress looks great though! Have a great weekend.

    Gina from Girl on the Cusp
    www.girlonthecuspblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally sent a text & said if they didn't respond I would put them down as a "NO". I don't plan to put them at a table, so if they show they'll just have to stand in a corner holding a plate I guess. HMPH.

      Delete
  3. Yay, have fun at the bachelor party! Sounds like you've got a fun weekend lined up :) And I love that dress. I haven't tried running photos yet but that makes so much sense to do it as a video!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried so hard for a while to get good running photos and never could 'cause I couldn't get the timing down & my phone can't do bursts. If you phone can handle bursts, then you could probably just do standard pictures.

      Delete
  4. Um is it bad that even on a good week I don't wash the counters and stove? I'm so lazy with that. I don't mind getting the dishes done but counters are my nemesis. Hope you have a great bachelorette party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahaha - NO. We seem to have some sort of HUGE spill on the stove every week. And the only reason the counters get wiped often is because it's something easy to do while I'm cooking dinner. We just use wipes. Mr. Sass has us doing it EVERY WEEK on the cleaning schedule. Which is probably why I hate our cleaning schedule.

      Delete
  5. I think I need to follow that guy on IG - that sign made me bust out laughing.
    That dress is perfect for the rehearsal!!!!!
    People just dont RSVP anymore - manners just keep slipping away.
    Thanks for the tip on the video/screen grab - I always wondered how people get those amazing running shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's even more amazing to me because the people who haven't RSVP'd are married themselves - SURELY they remember how big of a pain it all is.

      Delete
  6. People drove me BONKERS with our wedding RSVPs too. It's so annoying and rude.

    And yep to HGTV! I mean, I'm an HGTV addict and I love the house hunting shows but I really think I'm doing something wrong. We both work FT and most definitely do not have a budget like anything I've ever seen on those shows lol.

    Have a great time being a bachelorette - woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT!? Or sometimes I'm super jealous. They'll be buying a house in Texas, and there budget will be like $120K, and they want 4 beds, 3 baths + a 2 car garage & an acre+ & I'm like y'all, there is NO DAMN WAY. And they find 3 move in ready houses that meet ALL THEIR REQUIREMENTS. Like what? I think I'm living in the wrong city.

      Delete
  7. Hahaha!! I just got married 2 weeks ago, and there were about 10 people who RSVP'd on the day before the wedding!! Like, what?

    Hope your weekend is full of productivity! And yes, I think that dress looks gorgeous for the rehearsal dinner!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At that point it's like WHYYYY - you may as well just randomly show up instead of letting me stress about it for 12 hours beforehand.

      Delete
  8. Ooooh, that dress is cute!

    And I totally feel like people who RSVP late are the same kind of people who arrive to everything late. Because I'm someone who is perpetually early, I always feel like they're totally rude :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya know,I'm perpetually late to everything, but an RSVP is something I usually hop right on. Like, send it in, get it on our calendar, and then MOVE ON.

      Though my Mom said that some of the people who haven't RSVP'd really do just run their lives that way. No sense of a plan, no idea how it impacts others, just running around randomly doing things at the last minute. Which I just COULD NOT handle.

      Delete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!