Monday, April 3, 2017

April 2017 Goals + March Goal Update

How the hell is it April? How the hell am I 27? How the hell am I getting married in 40-ish days? Excuse me while I go nap instead of doing any of the things I should be. I had some goals - I did the things, I completed the goals. Here's what went down.


Complete all HM training workouts | YEAH BOY.
I've totally nailed this so far. It has meant some long runs after work, speed work on the treadmill and getting my ass out of bed when I really didn't want to, but I haven't missed a single running workout. To which I say YIPPEE! - and you should see all the outtakes it took to get this shot.



Outside workout 1x per week | Brrr.
Somehow March's weather was far more winter-y than February. But I persisted. And got it done. Even though I didn't always like it. Like 10.8 miles with a real feel of 3 degrees. Would not recommend to a friend.



Re-schedule & actually take engagement pics | HA!
We rescheduled once, and had another date that last minute didn't work due to scheduling, and one other where the weather sucked again. We have April 23rd picked for now, because that's literally our next free day. If not, we're looking at May 12th, which would be a cool 24 hours before the wedding.

Make good choices | Chocolate is always a good choice
I've had my fair share of chocolate. But, because I wanted it, not because it was sitting there. I've also had my fair share of water, and vegetables, and exercise. I'm continuing to be conscious about eating and doing it because I'm hungry or it sounds good, not because I'm bored. 

Figure out wedding booze |
Making progress

We have found a few good bang for our buck wines, including a boxed wine that Mr. Sass' wine snow parents gave an 8.5/10. But, until we have all the RSVP's we're still not sure how many people we're buying for. Hello, how hard is it to RSVP. You coming? You not coming? HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW.

Celebrate my golden birthday! | I'm old(er)!
I didn't take a single picture - but I headed out for $1 tacos and $3 margaritas on my actual birthday.
And headed out to a new to us restaurant, Breakneck Tavern, with Mr. Sass a few days early.



So, as we creep careen towards May 13th there is a lot happening. You can add it to my list of bad ideas that I'll run a half marathon one week before our wedding and return from our honeymoon 2 days before I leave to run Ragnar PA. I'm going to keep it stupid simple this month. Like, my main goal is to not pull my hair out, and remain alive.

Complete all HM training workouts | My race is April 22nd. I can't wait to race, hopefully pull out a PR as a culmination to my hard work and training and then just run for stress relief until after the wedding.

Outside workout 1x per week | Running, hiking, biking. Whatever. Vitamin D does me good. Though all workouts will be done in a tube top to avoid wild tan lines.

Make good choices |  I want to continue to fuel my body in a way that I know makes me feel good.

Figure out wedding booze | April 2nd is the RSVP deadline. I've already started hassling people who haven't managed to pull it together yet. Then I'll look online & buy what we need.

Enjoy my people | Bridal shower #2, bachelorette party, Easter. These things make my heart so full. I love seeing all of my people and especially those who I don't see so often. I want to soak up all this love and time and remember it all. 

What are some of your goals for April?
What's your favorite way to workout when you're not training for a race?
How do you keep stress at bay?

Linking up with Amanda +  Ange
Linking up with :Holly & Tricia for Weekend Highlights

22 comments:

  1. You are doing so amazingly well with all your running goals! Totally in inspiration for me to find my motivation again and get back to running. Now that the weather is starting to warm up, I'll be glad to get back outside. Not a treadmill fan. At all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't used to mind the treadmill at all, now it just drives me up a wall, and I would rather be outside, but sometimes it's just hard with the timing & weather. So, I feel ya.

      Delete
  2. The good part about buying your own wedding alcohol is that many places accept returns of any unopened bottles. I would recommend heavily overbuying and returning any extra (orrrrr just keep it and drink it for the next two years ;))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha either or! We would probably do a little of both depending on how much was leftover!

      Delete
  3. OH NOOOO - I cant believe you still dont have your engagement pics done. That's it - I'm coming up there ;) haha
    & a big thumbs up for the jump shot. I can never do those pictures well. I get like an inch off the ground ;) haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha doooo it! Though bad weather seems to follow us around. I'm starting to think it's us!


      I took a video! And screenshotted the best part, but there were still LOTS of outtakes!

      Delete
  4. Wow, great job on getting all those training runs in! That sucks that you keep having such bad luck with the engagement photos. And yay for $1 tacos and $3 margaritas, that sounds like a perfect way to celebrate a birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm craving margaritas now - they're one of my summer go-to's. So I can't wait for warm weather so I can drink one on the back porch!

      Delete
  5. You're doing great with your training! Heck yeah!

    If it makes you feel better, we never had engagement photos.. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, we weren't planning to get them either, but they were "free" with the package we picked. So we figured we better get 'em done!

      Delete
  6. I'd totally celebrate my birthday with $1 tacos/$3 margaritas! Great job getting the runs in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done with your goals - running outside in single digits is no joke! I hope you get those engagement photos taken this month! And I really hope we get to meet at Ragnar! I'll be running the first leg in my group...what have I gotten myself into?! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss! You mean like legit Leg 1? I am runner 7, but we should exchange numbers & find each other at one of the major exchanges!

      Delete
  8. I am super impressed that you've gotten in ALL your HM workouts. I've had some solid training cycles, but I don't think I've even come close to getting all the runs in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It helps that I only run 3 days per week. I don't think I could say the same if I was running 5 or 6 days per week, just too many chances to miss a workout.

      Delete
  9. Happy Birthday! That's a great jump shot and I have tons of failed attempts on my phone. You'd be aggravated with me because I would not have mailed my RSVP yet. LOL. I'm impressed with your relative calmness with THE DATE being so close. Good luck on your goal race. Thanks for linking, Jessie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - we did them online so people could do them from ANYWHERE, but it didn't seem to help!

      Delete
  10. I love that "Enjoy people" is a goal hahaha.

    I need that for winter because I am a total grump in winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! And so far I'm rocking it! And am set to enjoy some more this weekend. Told you I was keeping it simple! Hey, at least I avoided writing shower daily as a goal. Haha.

      Delete
  11. So many things happening and you are taking it all in your stride! Well done on all the training, happy birthday and good luck with all the wedding prep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shathiso! I kind of feel like I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off, but the countdown is on until the madness is over!

      Delete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!