Monday, March 6, 2017

Weekend Highlights : Finger Lakes Wine Weekend

This weekend a few friends and I headed to the Finger Lakes to explore wineries & celebrate Ciara's birthday. We took Friday off of work to head North towards NY. I had been to the Finger Lakes once before, back in 2015 to celebrate another friend's birthday. Out of all the wineries we visited, we managed to not duplicate any from my last trip to the Finger Lakes - and it's always fun to explore somewhere new. So, without further adieu, the weekend, in hashtags.

#GraftWineBar # FridayNightDinner #CiderFlightsForAll





#GlenMountainMarket #BreakfastSandwich #LoveIsAllYouKnead #LoveAGoodPun




#TheWindWasABitch #ColdAsFuck


#LuckyHareBrewing #MilkMilkStout #StillDontLoveBeer


#WerePretty #BagleysWinery


#GristIronBrewing #BeerSucked #PeopleDidToo #WouldNotRecommendToAFriend


#KindOfBlurry #TooMuchWine


#DontGoChasingWaterfalls


#SenecaLake


#Icicles




#WineWasGood #IBoughtABottle


#MilesWineCellars #ViewWasBetterThanTheWine



#WineryTen #ClosingTime #TimeForDinner


#BackToTheHotel #FirstYogaPantsThenDinner #KeepingItReal #HotelStaffLovedUs


#BBQTastedGood #ButDidntAgreeWithMeLater #IRegretNothing



#ItWasZERODegreesOut #Literally #ButNoWind


#IceEVERYWHERE



Who's been to the Finger Lakes?
What are your top 5 (or top 2) favorite movies, EVER?
Good Will Hunting & Boondock Saints are my top 2.

Linking up with :Holly & Tricia for Weekend Highlights

26 comments:

  1. I didn't even bother posting about Grist Iron haha. Totally not worth it!
    Had such an amazing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed - figured I would sneak it in there so people know not to waste their time.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. So much fun! The only thing that would make it better was doorside drop off since it was cold! Haha.

      Delete
  3. It just all looks so beautiful... & FUN!!! Hanging out with friends & all the wine??? YES!!! Plus the scenery is just beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, if it was a little warmer we wanted to try to squeeze in a hike, but I have no idea when we would have had time!

      Delete
  4. It looks like a really cold, but fun weekend! The picture of the bbq, mac and cheese and hush puppies gives me life!! yums!!

    Top movies : Chicago, Center Stage, and Selena.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was SO tasty. I KNEW Selena would be on there!

      Delete
  5. The pictures are all gorgeous! I absolutely love the finger lakes. You would love hiking in Watkins Glen (when it's warmer out of course). I have the same wine glass from Miles..how appropriate for a group of runners :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in Watkins Glen once before, it was April but they still had the rim // falls trail closed due to ice, so I would love to go back & hike it.

      Delete
  6. I've been to one of the lakes (can't remember) just to scope it out with my husband for a work trip. I wouldn't mind going back but only in the summer or fall..lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only been to Seneca, but would LOVE to explore the others!

      Delete
  7. Love the beautiful pictures! And I could go for some of that wine right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been saving a few bottles to bust into on a special occasion!

      Delete
  8. Cracking up on your Grist Iron hashtags, kind of how I feel about Grist House in Pittsburgh, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I like Grist House way more than Grist Iron, but I've only been once, and they were SO CROWDED.

      Delete
  9. Wow, you got some stunning photos! I especially love the waterfall one. This looks like a really fun trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chaitali! I had a blast. It had been a while since I had a fun girls only weekend.

      Delete
  10. It looks like an amazing weekend - but holy guacamole does it look COLD! I would DIE :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was 0 F which is REAL COLD. Actually 0 felt warmer than the day before because the wind was calm. That wind was cutting through me.

      Delete
  11. Wow, such beautiful pics! I've never been to the Finger Lakes despite being from Western New York. Wine country looks amazing up there! Happy birthday to your friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crazy! I guess if you're not 21 there's less of a reason to head over & see them. You should visit if you're ever back!

      Delete
  12. What a great way to celebrate a birthday. For the most part (and per your hashtags) it looks like you had a great weekend. I love the icicle fringe hanging from the ropes. You couldn't duplicate that if you tried. Thanks for linking, Jessie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was wild - I was glad the picture captured it so well.
      #WeDidHaveFun!

      Delete
  13. Ha I do love all the hashtags! Wow this looks like a perfect weekend to me. I still consider myself a new wine drinker so I'd love to be able to taste all of these! I want to celebrate my birthday exactly this way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm far from a wine snob - if it tastes good it's good enough for me. So always fun to try new wines & find new kinds I like!

      Delete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!