Wednesday, March 1, 2017

March 2017 Goals + February Goal Update

February, it's been weird. I know the whole month is only 2-3 days shorter than a normal month, but it always seems to fly by.

Kind of a lot happening & requiring time // mental capacity from me all at the same time. Wedding planning, Ragnar planningHM training, traveling (for all sorts of things). It's not exactly going to let up soon, HM training will disappear shortly before the wedding, Ragnar should be all planned by then, but, most of these things have a few more months of energy required. I'm trying to hunker down, and make it through, and as always, delegate as much as possible. Think I can delegate my long run?

| side note | - Ragnar is a 200-ish mile relay (more details than you could ever want are featured on their website). I'm putting together a team for this year! The even is June 2-3, 2017 & runs from Lancaster, PA to Mt. Pocono, PA. If you're even remotely interested, EMAIL ME {theacquiredsass AT gmail.com} and we can chat more details. I've run 3 x Ragnar before, they're always a blast, and I always leave with a new friend. So seriously, JOIN US! Pace isn't important. :)


So, now, how's 'bout a recap of my February goals? 

Complete all HM training workouts | So far so good!
I didn't officially start HM training until February 13th, so I didn't have a lot of opportunities to miss a workout yet, but my very first speed workout was done in miserable weather, after work, as I raced the sun. But, I got it done! And my second one was tough, I was forced to do a morning treadmill workout due to evening plans, but IT GOT DONE. I ran 65.6 total miles in February!




Outside workout 1x per week | So much sunshine!
February has been surprisingly kind this year. I've been able to soak up my fair share of vitamin D, and even had a weekend that included 5 new to me hikes!



Re-schedule engagement pics | Pass & fail all in one
I guess technically I met this goal, we did reschedule our engagement pictures. They just got canceled again because the weather warmed up to 55, all the snow melted, and everything was a muddy mess. Now I'm kind of panicked about when we'll fit these in. We're booked most weekends from now until the wedding.

Mail wedding invites | DONE!
This wasn't as bad as I thought. Mr. Sass formatted our online RSVP info while I addressed my little heart out. Everything went fairly quickly - RSVPs are my favorite thing ever. Friends who text me to tell me they got the invite but then don't RSVP are my least favorite thing ever. Just puttin' that out there.

Book honeymoon hotels | Is it May yet!?
At least from my point of view, this was stressful. We would think we found a great hotel, only to see lots of negative reviews. Or find an awesome hotel, only to find out it was 35 minutes & 3 trains away from the town we were really trying to stay in. But, it's booked, so now we get to scour the Internet for all the great hikes we want to do and get excited!


Drop 5 LBs | Nah.
I failed to use MFP, and didn't really take this all too seriously this past month. I'm having a really hard time with wanting to eat when Mr. Sass eats or drinks. It has been especially hard this past month since we're working similar schedules. He'll have a snack after dinner and it makes me want one too even though I'm not hungry. HOW DO I STOP THIS? 
____________________________________________________________________________

So, what's on tap for March? This is where shit starts to get cray. 

Mr. Sass is going to be working night shift, which he's never really had to do since we've been together. Typically there is a gentleman at work who wants to trade Mr. Sass' midnights for another month worth of 3pm-11pm, but he had some health issues & is currently not at work. So, night shift it is. This means finding a whole new routine, since Mr. Sass will nap from about 8pm-10pm before getting ready for work at 11pm - as I try not to bang & clang around the house. And also while I try to fall asleep at 10PM as he bangs & clangs around getting ready for work. Then, I'm long gone for the gym in the AM before he ever makes it home. Should be an interesting one. 

Complete all HM training workouts | I've got some things planned that I know will try to derail me, but I know I can plan ahead & fit it all in.


Outside workout 1x per week | This is an easy goal for me, but I like tossing it on the list regardless. Hopefully the weather will continue to not suck to make this even easier.

Re-schedule & actually take engagement pics | Who knew I had to add the "actually take" caveat in there? I really don't know if we'll be able to accomplish this. Do I give up on my winter wonderland? Find a different setting to take pictures in? The park we wanted will likely be a muddy mess if these warm wet temps keep up. I'm so torn.

Make good choices | I'm changing this from drop 5 lbs to make good choices. Saying no to a snack if I'm not hungry. And keeping my work week alcohol consumption low, but water consumption high. Mr. Sass and I are in talks about a "diet reset" of sorts during Lent. His Mom suggested Whole30 - but I'm a hard pass on that. But, told him I was more than willing to kick some of the sugar and other junk out of our lives. Any suggestions?

Figure out wedding booze | Our wedding venue makes us // lets us bring our own alcohol. But, we need to figure out what sort of selection we'll offer - full bar, beer & wine only, limited liquor selection, etc. And then take a look at who all is coming to see what sort of drinkers we have on our hands. Before we figure out quantity & order it all. I bought a bunch of different wines last weekend for us to try & hopefully make some progress on this one!

Celebrate my golden birthday! | I'll turn 27 on the 27th! Whooo! As always, I'll force have Mr. Sass take me out on a date, which is forever my favorite. But I love getting to see all my friends. So I'm toying with the idea of a "Sunday Funday" or something at our house. Just some drinks & munchies so I can see my people. :)

What are some of your March goals?
How do you celebrate your birthday?
What booze do you drink at weddings?

Linking up with Amanda +  Ange + Gretchen & Kristen  

30 comments:

  1. Oh no... I didnt know you had to reschedule AGAIN for your pics. That's so frustrating. Hang in there. You'll get them in. You only need a few hours in a day to do them.
    Soooo... I had to google it - its a 10 hour drive from my house to Lancaster PA ;) haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll see on my April goal post, but we STILL haven't been able to take these. So much for freaking out about outfits, now I'll get to do it all again.

      Delete
  2. YAY for your golden birthday! I loved mine. 24 on the 24th. I remember it well! Can't wait to celebrate with you! And excited for this weekend! I love the better choices idea. Because that's truly what its all about.. just making better food decisions. I hope I can hop on that goal train with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should I eat 27 tacos to celebrate turning 27 on the 27th? My wheels are turning.

      Delete
  3. High five for March birthdays!! I have my dirty thirty this month!! :-O Unfortunately I turned 12 on my golden birthday do I didn't get to party super hard.

    Congrats on getting your hotel booked, getting those invites out and not skipping any workouts! February is a notoriously difficult month to stay motivated so I consider that a big deal! But, I'm sorry about the neverending saga with the engagement pics. Do you think you'll be able to get them in before the wedding?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's sort of our running joke now. I figure we'll get them done. I told the photographer our back up date can be the day before the wedding. Nothing like cutting it close. ;)

      Delete
  4. Congrats on getting so much done! I struggled with the whole wanting to eat when Mike did too. I've fallen a bit off the wagon on this but what I used to do (and need to get back to) is have some really good tea while he had a snack. It felt like a treat, didn't have a bunch of calories, and allowed me to indulge in something while he was. Or really good fruit in the Summer when things are in season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was on a grapefruit kick for a while, and since I peel each individual section it's a pretty time consuming task. But now that those aren't so prevalent I'm falling back into the trap. But I like the tea idea!

      Delete
  5. February flew by for me too- how is it March already? Seriously feels like we were just celebrating Christmas!!

    Jen
    jpabstfitness.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! And 'cause I'm so slow at comments, it's almost APRIL!

      Delete
  6. I love outside workouts, and it has been so sunny this winter; it's been fun to try it!
    And if I lived nearby, I would totally want to do a Ragnar with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some day Emily! They have them all over the place, and a Trail Ragnar would be so much fun!

      Delete
  7. "I'm changing this from drop 5 lbs to make good choices." Such a better goal. I remember by wedding photographer gave me the best advice...she said she can always tell the brides that pushed themselves too hard to lose those last 5 pounds. They never look as happy in their pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom recently told me she dieted so hard before her wedding that by her wedding day she kept seeing stars and had to keep sitting down because her body was just DONE.

      Delete
  8. Wine. all the way for me at weddings. or a tequila shot :)
    i need to set some goals for march. all i have so far is a loose budget i'd like to stick to and a goal to somehow get some goals to achieve a bit of work/life balance. i sorta hate my bday so i dont do much but i do accept presents of all sorts !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A tequila shot? I like your style!

      Hope you were able to stick to that budget! If not, try again, it's such a great feeling to know you have money in the bank if you need it.

      Delete
  9. Wow. You have a lot going on. Weddings are so much work and so much anticipation. I wish you all the very best and I look forward to reading more. I am partially toying with the idea of another HM but my body is just not loving the amount of training and keeps getting in the way. 😌.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Honestly, the training and time was why I stepped away from marathons. I would do a long run on the weekend & have to spend the whole rest of the weekend resting & recovering!

      Delete
  10. hahahaha people not RSVPing is the WORST. i had to make so many calls.. like hey. you coming?! i don't care. just let me know.
    welcome to marriage regarding the snacking when he snacks. that's how we put on weight haha. okay i think it's a relationship thing, not a marriage thing. it's real though. KC eats a lot more than me, so my portions have gone up and i snack when he snacks even though i'm not hungry. i try and choose healthy snacks or i drink a crap ton of water, or i miraculously need to shower/go to the bathroom/do something else while he eats his snack. otherwise i just sit there and think, yes, i should eat the food.
    i don't envy your opposite shifts :-| hope all goes well.
    yay for bringing your own alcohol! we did beer and wine. it was fine. haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have two different size plates, so I use the smaller ones & he uses the bigger ones, which helps me at dinner. Plus I make sure to fill up my plate first so I don't try to match his portions.

      Glad I'm not the only one, because the struggle is REAL.

      I've just started texting people to be all like "I know the deadline is still a week or two out, but what are the odds I'll see you here in May!?" It hasn't made people RSVP, but they are at least telling me their intentions, so now I know.

      Delete
  11. Engagement pictures? We thought we were doing good getting wedding pictures bak in the stone age -- seriously. We have no engagement pictures. Didn't even know it was a thing.

    Good choices is a much better goal than losing weight. Does your dress fit? Do you feel good in it? That's all that matters. I had to lose weight before my wedding -- I was wearing my sister's dress, and although she's taller, she was also thinner (then). I did it, but only for a hot minute. Not a good idea.

    My husband and I eat really differently. He'll often have a snack after dinner -- I rarely do, but mostly because I'm not hungry.

    Good luck on all the rest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I don't care a ton about engagement pictures, but they're essentially free with the package we've booked. And I'm not opposed to having some more nice pictures of us.

      I just got my dress - and was worried it wouldn't fit, but it does, no problem!

      Delete
  12. I don't celebrate my birthday ever..because I hate it lol. Bad memories from childhood! For some reason we always seem to be traveling on my birthday though, so I guess that's something. I never got engagement photos so don't feel like you need to! Then again, we don't have any professional photos of us together, and don't really have many pictures together in general, so I'm probably not the best person to ask :) You know I'm not the most conventional person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't care so much about engagement specific photos, but wouldn't mind some more nice pics of us. Plus they're "free" with the package we have. So, we GOTTA take 'em.

      Delete
  13. Make good choices is a good goal. I've heard about the Whole 30 but I've never done it for that long period. Tough!
    My goals in March are focused on fitness and writing.
    https://runwright.net/2017/03/02/february-books/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whole 30 is tough for sure, I've done it before, but it's not sustainable for me, so I've stayed away from trying it again.

      Delete
  14. I hope you find the right time to get those engagement photos! I'm sure they'll turn out wonderful.

    And OMG, I'm doing Ragnar PA too! I hope we get to meet! It's my first Ragnar so I'll need ALL the tips LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AH really!? SO exciting! Email me if you've got questions, this will be my 4th Ragnar & I love "talking shop". Haha. We should definitely figure out a way to meet up once we get closer!

      Delete
  15. Oh goodness, I hope the weather cooperates for your pictures this month!
    So awesome you're running Ragnar, I'm so excited for mine in May!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay Ragnar! Which one are you running!?

      Delete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!