Friday, March 24, 2017

Friday Five #64

I almost didn't show up today. I wasn't feelin' it earlier this week. So instead of forcing myself to sit down and come up with a post - I just didn't. And I almost did the same thing today. In fact, I usually write these Friday Five posts throughout the week as things happen, but this week, I didn't.

I feel like this week dragged, and I am oh so glad it's finally Friday.

one // Tuesday's weather was fantastic. It was almost 60 degrees. Despite the fact that Mr. Sass was feeling under the weather I dragged him out of the house so we could eat ice cream for dinner. I ordered one scoop - and this is what it got me. It. Was. So. Good. The flavor is Graham Central Station - and it's my all time favorite. Then we took a walk around North Park while we finished our cones. This may be my favorite warm weather activity.


two // My run Wednesday night was a little on the chilly side, but the sunshine was much appreciated. I stopped to snap a pic just before my warm-up ended. My only regret is I was running too fast later to catch a few more pics.


three // When you come home from your speed workout & this is ready & waiting for you!? Living the dream over here. Venison filets, mushrooms, onions, garlic asparagus, and potatoes.


four // GUYS. Here's why I had to stop in today. I am giddy. Like, Mr. Sass had to watch me do a little jig around the kitchen giddy. I've been talking about how I want to explore somewhere new this year. Well, that's gonna be a thing. I'm no stranger to Groupon travel - and I've talked about 5 reasons to travel with Groupon, so when I saw this deal I called my Mom who said she was in, and then we called my brother who also said he was in. So, we're heading to China! We paid a little more to leave straight from Pittsburgh, but what. a. deal.


five // Funnies...




Who has been to China?
What's your next big trip?
What got you excited this week?

linking up with Heather, Amanda, AndreaTifDella & Katie

22 comments:

  1. I am SO excited for you & your China trip! I can't wait to hear all about it. I'm really wanting to do a Groupon trip one of these days. Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I've seriously had SUCH good experiences with Groupon travel, I would HIGHLY recommend.

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness CHINA!! And at that price! You lucky duck. When are you going?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're heading there over Thanksgiving time!

      Delete
  3. Oh, I never thought of using Groupon to travel. That China trip with the fam sounds epic! I also think that eating ice cream for dinner is absolutely necessary on occasion. My next trip is just within the state for my husband's work party. It's only for one night, but I'm looking forward to a weekend away with him, where I get to dress up, without the kiddos. ~Jessica Marie @ flashfittrainer.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A weekend away is always such a refreshing way to break up a month. Especially because it doesn't require all the packing that a long trip does!

      Delete
  4. You're going to China?!? I hope have a great time. I've always wanted to visit China; I love how you JUMPED on that trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I am so excited! Take a look, the deal may still be out there!

      Delete
  5. OH WOW!!!!! Man, that's a crazy good deal. That's about how much it would cost for me to get to vegas. How exciting!!!!!
    I dont care for ice cream but even that cone looks delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right!? Like, I could go to Vegas for a few days or I could go to China for 10 days. China please!

      Delete
  6. 1) Seriously, That is ONE scoop?!
    2) WOW - CHINA! That is an amazing deal.
    Not sure which of these I'm more excited about for you, Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, not sure which I was more excited about either. ;)That ice cream was SO GOOD. It's my favorite flavor! And has tons of chunks of goodness in it!

      But also, CHINA! Haha.

      Delete
  7. It is so awesome you are going to China!! To totally jelly here!!

    The picture of you with the ice cream is perfect! you look so happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was seriously elated! I was trying to get Mr. Sass to be in the picture with me but he was grump because he didn't feel well and I made him get ice cream BEFORE I fed him dinner. I was dying about how grumpy he was.

      Delete
  8. That is ONE scoop of ice-cream?? Very generous! :)

    That dinner looks amazing!

    China! Wow! That is an adventure for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a VERY generous scoop. While Mr. Sass ate dinner afterwards I did NOT.

      Delete
  9. HOLY COW that is an awesome deal! We have contemplated going to China quite a few times (as it's SO close to Australia!) and I think that might be our next trip after our big US trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you could get a great deal on flights! I'll tell you all about it!

      Delete
  10. that is one scoop?! i want to go there!
    mmmm the potatoes and mushrooms look SO good.
    i have never been to china - no real desire to, to be honest - but my mum went a year or so ago and loved it, and she had never wanted to go either. she only went because her friend wanted to go there (and like Kristy said, it's super close to Oz), and they went back and forth choosing destinations. anyway! i hope you have a fantastic time, and what a great deal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, 5 years or so ago I probably would have said I didn't have a desire to go, but the more I research everywhere and the world in general, the more I'm like yup, ANYWHERE is cool with me, I'm sure I'll find something about it I love. Just find me a good deal!

      Delete
  11. Oh my gosh, you're going to China?! How cool is that?! We did an anniversary trip to the Poconos once through Groupon and would definitely do another trip through them.

    Girl, I feel you. I wasn't feeling blogging much last week either. Some weeks the inspiration, time, energy, motivation, etc. is just lacking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like it's going around. Like all of a sudden the spring weather is here so I would rather be outside than tethered to a computer!

      Ooh - I was in the Poconos for the first time in October, I loved it!

      Delete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!