Friday, March 10, 2017

Friday Five #62

I was one day ahead every day this week. Work crushed me. Every day. And for whatever reason my body has rejected falling asleep. Every night. I am 113% glad it's finally actually Friday.

And that's it. That's all the small talk I got...


one // Do you ever have folks tell you something is "urgent" - which, really, it could be to them, but on the scale of things you're working on, their problem is chump change? It's like someone walking into the ER stating their sprained ankle is URGENT when someone with a gun shot wound walks in. Like, okay, yeah, we'll get to that. That has been this whole week. Folks thinking their important-ish issue is worth me dropping everything when everything I'm working on is truly 10x more important. Then getting pissy when I tell them I'll get to it as soon as possible.

two // I did my Wednesday night speed workout, but since I needed a hill for some hill repeats, my normal post work route wasn't going to work, it's pancake flat. Instead I headed towards North Park, and the trusty "Lake Loop". I convinced Mr. Sass to run with me & either continue on, or do my speed workout with me if he could keep up. Well, I'm typing this with a smug face as I say, he couldn't keep up. :) I finished just a few minutes post-sunset & ran some wicked fast miles.


three // I cannot get enough of roasted sweet potatoes recently. In fact, I have been putting them on my salads this week. 10 out of 10 would recommend to a friend. A little sweet, 'cause they're sweet potatoes, a little salty, because I put salt on them...mmm.


four // Mr. Sass and I are newly addicted to Shark Tank which thanks to CNBC we've been able to watch re-runs every.single.night of the week. We're 50/50 on guessing who gets deals & who doesn't, but it doesn't stop us from looking up most products to see if they actually made it big or dissolved after their Shark Tank failure.

five // Funnies...




What are you up to this weekend?
Tell me something good.


linking up with Heather, Amanda, AndreaTifDella & Katie

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE Shark Tank! that show is so fun to watch. Who's your favorite shark? Mine is Mark Cuban hands down. Second is either Robert or Daymond.

    I've had a crazy week too - hope your weekend is better, see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness I need to make cards like that!! I'm 5'10 which isn't crazy tall...but is for a girl I guess. I get that all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love shark tank but we haven't watched it in a while. I'm going to have to look for it again. And that thing with the card about his height is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got in some really good runs this week; I haven't done speed workouts in so long, but I actually love doing hills if my legs aren't too fried from other workouts during the week.

    And roasted sweet potatoes are the BOMB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am 100 % with you on #1!! do we work at the same place!! Somebody has been after me about numbers for some report.... my desk is covered in papers, and all I can respond is "I will get to your numbers when I get to your numbers!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. That salad looks AMAZINGGGG - I never thought of doing sweet potatoes on one before.
    I love that guy has a card. genius.
    I'm horrible at keeping up with Shark Tank - I dont get the percentage & money invested part of it. ricky is always telling me which is the better deal - i'm always just like, "I want that product!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, shark tank is our jam on Friday nights!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL, That card from the tall guy. My husband is 6'5 so pretty tall but the worst part is that his last name is Short, so you can probably guess how many times he's heard: "But you're not short! Hahaha." Never gets old. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Boo to not sleeping well - that throws the whole week out!

    A massive yes to number one. That is pretty much my life. Every client thinks their project is urgent and should be done over and above anything else because they're the only person who matters in the world :P

    ReplyDelete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!