Monday, February 20, 2017

Weekend Highlights : I can't believe it's February

I hope with all of my being y'all got some weather as good as we did this weekend. Saturday AND Sunday brought 60+ degree temperatures and sunshine! So I made plans to get outside soak up as much vitamin D as I could, in case we really do get 6 more weeks of winter.

On weekends where I have a lot of pictures to share, I kind of love using hashtags, otherwise I can get a little wordy and then we'll be here all day, and ain't nobody got time for that.

Quick unrelated rant? Mr. Sass got a text, literally as I sat down to write this, that the Best Man for a wedding he is in wants them to go to Vegas for a 4 day weekend. The best man claims flights are only $130, which while that doesn't sound bad, add in hotels, meals, activities and possibly paying for the groom himself and you have a seriously pricey bachelor weekend. When did this become the trend? I feel like asking folks to potentially take 4 days off of work plus spend $300+ is too much. Am I crazy? Do you agree? Makes it hard too if everyone else is doing it & you have to be the one that can't afford it, or can't get the time off. Not everyone works a nice little 9-5 M-F schedule.

Phew. Okay, now that that's out of my system, on to some weekend highlights, hashtag style.

#ChocolateChipZucchiniMuffins #OhYeahIAddedCarrotToo #GettinCrazyOnAFridayNight #AlreadyAlmostGone


#EightMiles #ShouldHaveWornShorts #FinallySomeSunshine


#EmeraldViewPark #DoILookSporty #TestingOutSomeNewHikingShoes


#ButWaitItGetsBetter #Pittsburgh #CityOfBridges #LoveThisCity #ThreeRivers



#WantedToTryANakedChickenChalupa #TheyWereOut #IWasSad


#RoastingVeggiesOnASaturdayNight #IAmTooCool


#McConnellsMillStatePark #JustGettinStarted #SundayFunday


 #UnmarkedTrail #WereRebels


#NopeDefinitelyNotARealTrail #WeMadeItWork


 #SlipperyRockCreek


 #SportySpice #PhotoShoot #MrSassLovesBeingMyPhotographer


#IfATreeFallsInTheWoods...


#SassUncut #SassBehindTheScenes #ProbablyGonnaHaveASockTan


 I'm sad it's Monday again already, but my nice little weather app claims the sunshine and warm temps are going to stick around for the week, so here's hoping for some more vitamin D.

How was your weather this weekend?
Crazy big trip for a bachelor party - yay, nay?
What was the best part of your weekend?

Linking up with :Holly & Tricia for Weekend Highlights

22 comments:

  1. If it really is 70 on friday, we should definitely sit outside wherever we go :) I LOVE these hashtags! #SportySpice made me LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha been there, done sat outside, then ended up in 0 degree weather not too long later. Sounds about right.

      Delete
  2. it was gorgeous out for us as well! canadians were practically running around in shorts and tshirts even though it was only 12C LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's still a little chilly to wear shorts IMO, though up there, that's probably practically summer. I would definitely be working out in shorts and a tank top in that kind of weather.

      Delete
  3. As for your rant: no, you are not crazy. I agree. I can't believe how indulgent and exorbitant some of these bachelor/bachelorette celebrations have gotten. My boyfriend was in a similar situation with a "destination bachelor party" when we were already shelling out $$ for the groom's destination wedding. He had to decline and felt bad about it. Besides, I thought men were supposed to be all low key and not care about stuff like this!

    I'm glad you got out and enjoyed the lovely weather. It was very warm here this weekend too. Restaurants even had their outdoor seating out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought they were supposed to be low key too! A destination bachelor party AND a destination wedding is a little much IMO. Luckily most of the guys responded and said they couldn't fork over the cash, the time off, or both. So it's off the table. Phew.

      Delete
  4. YUmmmm - zucchini and carrots in muffins are very similar to the superhero muffins from Run Fast Eat Slow. You guys seem to have so many pretty hiking trails around you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I'll have to look up those muffins. I made a few changes that worked well to the original recipe, so it's given me a little more confidence to making my own baking recipes!

      Delete
  5. I just want to call you Pocahontas - you are just always in the woods.
    I love me a good hashtag conversation :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha AND with my hair in braids!
      #PocahontasGoneBlonde

      Delete
  6. That would be some serious dough for a party in Vegas like that.
    We always forget about grilling broccoli when we do veggies. I'm not sure why just don't think about it.
    You hike looks fun I'd love to plan a hiking trip before it gets too hot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully most of the other groomsmen couldn't swing it, so Vegas is off the table!

      Delete
  7. Phew! That really does sound like a crazy bachelor party. Jesse and I didn't even have parties before our wedding but that's not really our thing either!

    The weather here this weekend was a little bit odd. On both Saturday and Sunday we had crazy afternoon storms and it got coldddddddddddd!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing a "sleepover" - we're just gonna have lots of snacks, some sort of cocktail & watch movies & chit chat, which, snacks are TOTALLY my thing!

      Delete
  8. I loved the weather this weekend, it was so beautiful! And I'm not a fan of the traveling bachelor/bachelorette weekend either. It's a lot to ask of people. Whatever happened to just having a party?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shrugs. If you ask me the whole wedding, pre-wedding industry has been blown seriously out of proportion. And it has turned from a celebration of getting married to a "last fling", OMG this is the last time I can party as a single person which is not the point.

      Delete
  9. Agree completely about it being a bit much to ask someone to pay that much and take all that time off work for a bachelor party. I mean, I kinda think the same thing about destination weddings, but I can understand that more. Ah, gorgeous weather, woods, hiking, and roasted veggies--love this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully most of the groomsmen couldn't swing it, so Vegas is off the table.

      That is definitely something I'm trying to be conscious of. Our wedding is "destination" for 1/2 the folks coming, my half specifically. But no real way to avoid that. Someone is traveling either way.

      Delete
  10. Well, when I got married in the 80s nobody had dreamed up the bachelor/bachelorette trips yet. At least not in my world. It seems over the top to me. I love the hashtag style of your post. I always read everyone's hashtags anyway. I find them very entertaining. I'm glad you had some awesome spring weather over the weekend to enjoy the great outdoors! Thanks for linking, Jessie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love getting to make up crazy hashtags, so these posts are always fun for me.

      I wish they hadn't dreamed up crazy trips STILL. My friends have been very reasonable so far, but it's only a matter of time until someone tries to plan something crazy.

      Delete
  11. Wow, a 4-day weekend in Vegas for a bachelor party? Yeah, that is a bit much.... but then again, a lot of people seem to do something like this these days.

    Sounds like a lovely weekend. I love the running pants in your second photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UGH - THANKFULLY most of the folks couldn't do it, so Vegas is a NO - GO!

      And thanks, those are Target couture, from probably 2011? Haha. Holding on strong!

      Delete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!