Friday, February 24, 2017

Friday Five #60

There's kind of a lot happening this weekend, today is Ciara's birthday, so we're headed out for dinner & drinks after work today. Tomorrow morning is Spring Thaw 10 mile race. I thought it started at 9AM, but it doesn't start until 10AM. Which means I'll be cutting it close, 'cause I'll shower & then hop in the car to head to KY to surprise my Mom for her birthday, which is also today. If she's happened to find out I have a blog I suppose this will ruin the surprise, but she doesn't, and she barely Internets, so I think we're good. My Dad has made dinner reservations & my brother & I will be seated at the table when they arrive!

That's what's on tap for me this weekend - how about you? I hope you'll share what you're up to this weekend in the comments. :)


one // I am far from being a fashion guru, or fashion anything for that matter. But, I've finally been sucked into the vortex that is LuLaRoe. I bought a "Cassie" from an old HS friend of mine who has started selling, and while it's definitely out of my normal wardrobe wheelhouse I feel like it's super cute & spring-y, and so so so comfortable. And now I want more.


two // Prayers, good vibes, positive thoughts. Whatever you do, I've got a request. Mr. Sass' Goddaughter is undergoing some surgery today. She's only 10 months old, which makes everything just a little more complicated. Pittsburgh has a fantastic Children's hospital so we know she'll be in good hands. But since they live 40-ish minutes away her parents will be staying there 24/7 until she's released. I went into overdrive the only way I know how. Making food to send with them so they can stay away from that hospital cafeteria bullshit.

three //  As a result of #2 I have been a muffin making machine the past week. Last Friday I made chocolate chip zucchini (and carrot) muffins - and this week I made banana bread muffins + a last minute made-up recipe which turned out delicious! I stole some inspiration from my zucchini muffins, but since I was out of cocoa powder, and didn't feel like thawing zucchini I decided to make carrot cake muffins instead. So I shredded some carrots. I didn't add nuts, but those would be a great addition, and I'll definitely be making these again - should I share the recipe?


four // On Wednesday my 3 (2 human, 1 furry) former roommates and I got together for dinner, and to celebrate Tuck's 3rd adoptiversary. This "big bully" came home with us on President's Day 2014 and has been such a joy. He's smart, talkative (seriously, he grumbles, and whispers & speaks - often without prompting) & somehow the perfect combination of energetic and lazy.






five // Funnies...




Who else bakes their dog a birthday cake? 
Have a recipe or just wing it?
LuLaRoe - who's on the bandwagon?
What are you up to this weekend?

linking up with Heather, Amanda, AndreaTifDella & Katie


25 comments:

  1. That little cake is so fun & cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We make him something pup friendly every year! And it's so much fun to watch him enjoy it.

      Delete
  2. Tuck is ADORABLE! And I"ll be praying for his goddaughter. <3 God is a mighty healer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emily, she is doing really well.

      Delete
  3. I so laughed at the Booby Trap funny :)
    10 months old.. wow... hope that all goes well.
    Good luck on the race tomorrow & have fun tonight with dinner ... & fingers crossed your mom doesnt start a new birthday bettering of self by starting to internet ;) .. have a great trip!
    & yes... love some LulaRoe -but OUCH on the price of it. OUUCCHHHHH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's odd, 'cause some of the LuLaRoe pieces seem priced fairly well, and then others are like WHAT!? An arm, a leg, & my first born?

      Delete
  4. Happy Adoptiversary Tucker!
    That LLR skirt is really pretty! I have one pair of LLR leggings which are super comfy but I haven't gotten into it otherwise.
    I am definitely in the camp that I see recipes as loose guidelines rather than must-be-followed-to-the-letter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried on a pair of the leggings finally, and while they are super comfy, they're WELL outside my comfort zone, at least with all the crazy patterns. Wish I could just find some in black but apparently those are rare.

      Delete
  5. Happy adoptiversary to Tuck!!

    Girl... that meme about the tacos! me and you both! I need to find where tacos live too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr. Sass is over it because I've been putting like everything in tacos. Pork tacos, shrimp tacos, stir fry tacos, I just roll everything up in a tortilla & call it dinner. haha.

      Delete
  6. That Cassie pattern is so cute!! I'm on the LLR leggings bandwagon but haven't ventured into the skirts and dresses yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the opposite, the leggings patterns seem so crazy, I have no idea what I would match them with!

      Delete
  7. AW such a cute, cute pup! Love that face.

    I love that Cassie on you! I'm a Lularoe fan, though I don't have any Cassies. I have tons of leggings and shirts though.

    Sending good thoughts for the little one's surgery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have 2 x Cassies now & I love them both. It's like business wear yoga pants. Definitely great for dressing up. They somehow smooth everything & are a great length so I don't feel like I'm flashing the office.

      Delete
  8. Oh, that skirt looks great on you. I just bought my first LuLaRoe dress a couple of weeks ago (I am not much of a leggings person), and I love it. I hope I won't get sucked into it too badly... ha ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not much of a leggings person either - what dress did you buy? The Amelia style is so cute, but I just can't justify $65 for ONE DRESS.

      Delete
  9. Oh, and P.S. - hope the surgery went ok!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look amazing in that skirt! I haven't tried Lularoe but a few of my coworkers love it. And your hair is getting so long but it's so beautiful. You can do some cool stuff for your wedding!

    I hope that the surgery went really well, and I hope your mom was surprised. Great job at the race :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely going to keep it long through the wedding in hopes of doing something fun with it. But I need a trim so badly, my last one was sub-par anyways and like 6+ months ago. It's time.

      Delete
  11. I hope the God daughter's surgery went well.

    I have not hopped on the LulaRoe band wagon yet. The stuff does look comfy though but I hear it is pretty pricey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very comfortable. Oddly priced. Some prices seem super reasonable. Others seem very high.

      Delete
  12. I am reading this really late so I hope Mr Sass's goddaughter's surgery went well? You are such a sweetheart for cooking for them! From someone who's sister was in hospital (albeit it an hour away) for three months, I know how much of a difference that makes!

    I really wish LuLaRoe was a thing in Australia because money would be FLYING out of my wallet :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - surgery went well all things considered.

      Honestly, it's all sold online through FB groups & things, a few in-home parties, but you could probably find a consultant who would ship to you. Just wouldn't be able to try much on beforehand!

      Delete
  13. Wishing the little one a speedy recovery. Oh that dog Bone is HUGE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She is doing well all things considered!

      Delete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!