Friday, February 17, 2017

Friday Five #59

Happy Friday friends! We made it!

This weekend is sort of the calm before the storm so to speak. No big plans - but next weekend I'll run a race & make a quick weekend surprise trip, the following weekend I have a girls getaway planned, followed the few weekends after that by bridal shower #1, my birthday, bridal shower #2, bachelorette shenanigans, Easter, HM#1, HM#2 & then our wedding! Which seems like it's far away when you say 86 days or whatever, but not so far away when you figure every weekend will FLY BY.

Also - RAGNAR! Heard of it? No? It's a 200-ish mile relay race. 12 runners, 2 mini-vans & 200-ish miles to run in about 36 hours. I'm putting together a team along with Ciara & we still need 4 runners! This specific Ragnar is Ragnar PA & runs from Lancaster to Mt. Pocono, June 2-3, 2017. If you think you may even be the least bit interested in joining us, email me {theacquiredsass AT gmail.com}& we can chat details, how it works, money, anything you want to know. If you just want to read more - check out my recap posts.

Ragnar DC, Leg 1 - Recap, Leg 2 - Recap, do I still need to post my 3rd recap post, from all the way back in September? Maybe. Maybe not. Haha.

Either way - you can be sure you'll see this pop up a time or two more until our team is filled just in case any of you bloggy friends want to come join in on the fun!


Now on to some Friday Five!

one // Can I profess my love for online RSVPs? Yes? Because it's my blog & I do what I want?! Yes! We have all but 2 wedding invites officially in the mail! And within a few days of mailing them, we've had over 30 people RSVP. We're doing it all online, to save $ and time - and so far, it's working wonderfully. The Knot sends us an email to let me know who has RSVP'd & whether they accepted or declined - plus I can see it all on our website! LOVE IT!


two // Pizza. Mmm. Pizza. A co-worker and I headed out to lunch on Thursday - and we headed to Blaze Pizza. I've definitely professed my love for Blaze on some past Friday Five posts. I topped it with a little bit of pretty much everything & it was so good.

three // Half marathon training has officially started! Just in time for there to be gross weather oh Wednesday for my speed workout. -__- I STRONGLY considered bagging it & trying to do it Thursday morning, or Thursday after work. But I figured this first week would set the tone for my whole training cycle - and I may as well start it off on a high note. So, I laced up & went out. And  seriously, the weather sucked. But my paces did not. Which I'm hoping is a sign of fast miles to come. :)


four // More food talk. Valentine's Day dinner - Mr. Sass cooked venison filets, scallops (with homemade butter that we made from cream) + Parmesan roasted broccoli. And then we topped it all off with some bubbly & a trip to Graeter's. Graeter's is a Cincinnati ice cream chain that finally opened a store north of Pittsburgh. They were featured as one of Oprah's favorite things - so you know it's good. My sweet Momma sent me a gift card as a Valentine's treat once she found out one had opened nearby.


five // Funnies...

 Yeah - that's a hard pass. Set that plate right on down & move along sir. I SAID MOVE ALONG.

 And me, 100% when I'm grumpy with Mr. Sass but quite haven't figured out exactly why, or what I want to do about it.


What are you up to this weekend?
Who has run Ragnar before?
How did you celebrate Valentine's Day?

linking up with Heather, Amanda, AndreaTifDella & Katie

18 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for Ragnar!! And for girls weekend. The next few months will FOR SURE fly by. Some of my festivities are your festivities as well so I'm super excited about that! I celebrated Valentines Day by wearing my Valentine leggings, & going to Anatomy class. He let us out early so that was a nice treat! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're already closing in on the middle of March, when I feel like it was JUST turning February. And I keep watching our wedding count down, which is exciting, and panic inducing all at the same time.

      Delete
  2. I have an aunt who has done Ragnar and it sounds like a ton of fun. Even when I was running regularly, I was way too slow to do it myself though. Have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never too slow! No one person has to maintain a specific pace, so if you're ever interested, there are ALWAYS teams looking for people. I think the team as a whole needs to be faster than 11:30, so one or two speedier runners and a whole team is good to go!

      Delete
  3. oh man, back in the day when i was planning my wedding, it was all done through paper! no pinterest, no one heard of "googling", ecommerce was *just* emerging so I had to shop and find ideas through magazines! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, that might have been "easier" in a sense. The problem now with Pinterest & the Internet is there are just TOO many options. It's so easy to get overwhelmed by all the choices.

      Delete
  4. That "nothing" cat is sooo me ;) haha
    Ohhhh man. I wish I had any kind of speed in my running - I would love the idea of doing Ragnar with you ladies. How fun would that be?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should know I'm still on a mission to convince you to join us...

      Delete
  5. OH, I would love to do a Ragnar someday! I had friends who did the one in FL Keys.
    Your Valentine's dinner looks so delicious.
    I am starting half marathon training on Monday! Hoping for a good training cycle for us both. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would recommend Ragnar to ANYONE - join up with a team you know, or a random one. My first 3 were done with folks I didn't know, but we have kept in touch since. Crazy how that works.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Wexford. Perry Highway. Get you some.

      Delete
  7. Those billboards are hilarious. Hope you have great weather soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wait. You're going to run a race and then go on a surprise weekend trip?! WHO ARE YOU? That's amazing!! So many exciting things coming up for you!! Glad that the online RSVPs are working for you!! I remember having to enter our RSVPs onto our spreadsheet and people didn't always fill them out correctly, lol...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah, that weekend was a little wild. But I made it! We didn't know this, but apparently some of the "older folks" are confused by the online bit - but just keep asking our parents questions instead of us. Go figure.

      Delete
  9. You have the fanciest glasses ever..they're gorgeous! And this seriously is the calm before your storm. If you need a glass of wine to relax during the craziness you know who to call :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I literally have no idea where they came from. Hand-me-downs to Mr. Sass somewhere along the way I suppose. I joke they came with the house when I moved in. Haha.

      Delete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!