Friday, February 10, 2017

Friday Five #58

The original intro to this post was going to tell you all about the exciting plans we had this weekend - engagement picture attempt round two, hiking + ice skating. And, instead, that's now all been canceled since it's supposed to be low 50's and raining all weekend, after a beautiful few inches of snow Wednesday night. Can a girl not get some snow on a Saturday night for a winter wonderland-esqe engagement shoot!? Come on Mother Nature, work with me!

I missed my regular Weekend Highlights post which bummed me out, so I'm including some highlights here. :)

Hope you'll share what you're up to this weekend - I hope the weather won't spoil your plans.


one // Jumping all the way back to last weekend - Mr. Sass and I hiked 5 different hikes, at 5 different parks // places - all of them being new. That pretty much never happens. We found a new-to-us trail at North Park...and poked around this abandoned picnic shelter...


...and did a short loop around Potter Park on Saturday....


Then hiked parts of Todd Nature Reserve...




...the Baker Trail...


...and Harrison Hills Park on Sunday!


two // We worked up some serious "hiker hunger" so we inhaled this giant pretzel while we waited for our friends to join us for dinner. You'll see my normal sized hand and post-hike sausage fingers for reference.


three // I'm starting my HM training plan next week - so I did a modified speed workout Tuesday after work to soak up some 50+ degree temps & also get a feel for how my week may flow with my new plan. The weather was on a downhill slope though, so by the end of my run it was raining and super windy. As illustrated by my hair scarf.


four // Mr. Sass and I celebrated Valentine's Day Wednesday night. We headed out to a fancy dinner, and ooh man was it good. But pricey! Our waitress let us on in a little secret though, their bar specials are bangin' so we just may be back for happy hour. Of course, in our crab cake induced coma we didn't manage to take a single picture. Sass fail.

five // And finally a few funnies to round it out...





What are you up to this weekend?
What was the last new place you explored?
Mustard or cheese for your soft pretzel?
I prefer beer cheese, but I'll take spicy mustard if I have to.

linking up with Heather, Amanda, AndreaTifDella & Katie

20 comments:

  1. These sidewalks & roads are a MESS from the snow yesterday - I'm worried about our run in Schenley tomorrow morning. But I'm getting my hair highlighted tomorrow & I'm really looking forward to that!! Definitely more of a cheese gal with the pretzel, but happy with mustard too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GIMME ALL DA CHEESE. But yeah, I'll take mustard if I have to. Haha. Sounds about right.

      Delete
  2. LOL those wine connoisseur things..i have no idea how to do any of that because i just chug the glass and then get lots of judgey/disapproving looks haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is my life! Sometimes just to be a jagoff I say things, like "Wow, I can really taste the oak in this one." or "Oh, quite dry, and a little nutty". Which, probably mean nothing to real people that know what they're talking about.

      Delete
  3. Sorry about the weather canceling your plans for hte weekend :( That's always disappointing. I hope you find some fun things to do instead :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did! We rallied some friends together for some last minute brewery hopping!

      Delete
  4. I love any of those with a pretzel... or pizza sauce. YUMMMM... I cant get over how big that pretzel is. That is like happiness on a plate to me!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pizza sauce!? I've literally never tried that! I'll have to. I would be all over it if the pretzel was stuffed with mozzarella. Mmm.

      Delete
  5. That is a huge pretzel! Probably my least favorite thing about hiking is the sausage-finger-effect. ;-)
    Our babysitter cancelled so no Saturday date night this weekend, Boo hoo - Trying to come up with a fun family alternative...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty sure if I even think about a hike I end up with sausage fingers, it's why I never run // hike with any jewelry on. It'd never come off!

      Oh no - hope you found something fun to do!

      Delete
  6. That picture of the abandoned shelter is really cool! What beautiful pictures of the hiking spots! You really have to check our the parks we have in central PA! Pine Grove has amazing hiking trails and there is a trail in Colonel Denning State park that has a great view of the valley!

    The pretzel looks delicious ! can I have some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No pretzel for you! But only because the two of us devoured it and then still ate a full dinner. Oops.

      We actually have a goal to see ALL the PA state parks eventually!

      Delete
  7. Angry coffee shop is exactly what I need!
    Girl's night out tonight and my 9 year old's bowling b-day party tomorrow, which sounded like a great idea a month ago, but now the thought of 8 nine year old boys is sounding scarier and scarier!

    Jen
    jpabstfitness.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 8 x 9 year old boys sounds terrifying AND exhausting! Hope the party went smoothly!

      Delete
  8. BOOOO for winter activities being canceled. Sad. As for the pretzel... absolutely nothing on it. I'm a purist. The post-hike pretzel looks delish!!! Hope you guys make up for the lack of winter activities with something (almost as) fun! -Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could definitely eat a pretzel plain, especially if it's warm like any good soft pretzel should be.

      We definitely did make up for it! We rallied some friends and explored a few breweries.

      Delete
  9. Oh noooooo! Engagement photos cancelled again? Bummer!

    But holy guacamole that pretzel looks AMAZING! I miss gluten filled soft pretzels so ridiculously much. I am actually SO glad the place I'd always get them from closed down because otherwise I'd totally stand outside drooling :P

    And as for pretzel condiments - nothing! I am all about straight up salty pretzels :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT!? At this point we'll run out of time & have to take them before our rehearsal dinner, but I guess that would be a good story to tell some day.

      A good soft pretzel seems like it probably just can't be replicated without gluten. :/

      Delete
  10. lol that last funny
    look at you guys and all your hiking. i had to laugh at your poor sausage fingers. and your windy hair. hope you were able to eventually get your engagement pictures done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. STILL NOPE on the engagement pics. I'm afraid we'll have to do them like the week of our wedding or just not, ever, since we seem to be booking up quick!

      Delete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!