Wednesday, February 1, 2017

February 2017 goals + January Goal Update

January flew by, I didn't have much planned which was okay by me. Not too much more on the calendar yet for February, but I'm sure there will be. I really enjoyed my January goals and working to make them happen. While I didn't finish them 100% I feel good about what I accomplished.


How did you do on your January goals?

Register for my Spring half | Done!
I talked about my Spring Training a bit - as well as the tune up races I'll do along the way. But I am registered!

Finish up my 2017 content calendar | MEH
I feel like I definitely struggled this month with inspiration. I haven't been able to get the creative juices flowing - and honestly, I think that's in part because a lot of my creative energy is going to things like wedding invites, centerpieces and mini house updates. A girl only has so much creative-ness.

Outside workout 1x per week | Hell yeah!
I knocked this one out of the park happily. Even including a 5 mile run in a real feel of 0 degrees. We enjoyed some wacky January weather that meant 2 days in a row of hiking // running in shorts.


Re-schedule engagement pics | Nope.
I just sort of lost steam on this one. I wanted snow, and we really haven't had that. I'm certainly not complaining, just saying. Our photographer emailed us about available dates & I totally sucked and didn't email back. Oops.

Order wedding invitations | Yesssss! 
They should be delivered February 3rd or earlier. VistaPrint was having a 50% off sale, so 100 invites, inclusion cards + envelopes (included for free) & custom return address labels was under $70. Shipping and tax brought it up a little over 80, but I'm still more than pleased with the price & if the design turns out like the preview, they're super cute!

Drop 5 LBs | Nope.
Not really sure what's happening. I feel like I'm working out more and making smarter food choices, but not seeing any results. I'm gonna keep plugging away, but sometimes it's hard to be motivated when I'm not seeing any results. Any super frustrating, because as I look back on the times when I was at what I consider to be my "goal weight" I was not employing any weight loss strategies. In fact once was after coming back from Africa & climbing Kilimanjaro. I literally ate and drank everything in sight for two weeks, and came back almost 10 lbs lighter. Riddle me that.
_________________________________________________________________________________

So, let's talk February goals...

Complete all HM training workouts | I'll start half marathon training during February. I am trying a totally different type of training program this time around, I really want to give it 100% and see how I respond. For me this means it's important to not skip any running workouts. There are always exceptions, but I don't plan to make any excuses.

Outside workout 1x per week | While this is a goal that isn't always fun in the moment I do really cherish spending time outdoors. Running, walking, hiking. Whatever.

Re-schedule engagement pics | February is a great month because for once Mr. Sass will be working normal hours. :)

Mail wedding invites | The wedding invites I ordered during January are due in by the end of the week. I'll be addressing them myself, by hand. We're doing online RSVP's, so I'll have Mr. Sass format the spreadsheet necessarily to facilitate that.

Book honeymoon hotels | The first half of our honeymoon was booked through a Groupon, so it's already planned out. We're planning the second half ourselves, so we want to finish getting hotels booked this week. It has been a struggle, because we want to go everywhere and there just isn't time.

Drop 5 LBs | I want to keep feeling my best self. I also think dropping a few pounds will make my goal half marathon pace that much easier.

How did you do on your January goals?
What are your February goals?
Married folks - where did you honeymoon?

Linking up with Amanda +  Ange + Gretchen & Kristen 

34 comments:

  1. I feel like I'm making OK progress so far this year - I didn't have any goals specific to January but am trying to check in monthly regarding the goals for the whole year - Maybe that will help me stay focused on them throughout 2017.
    I signed up for my first half marathon of 2017 today! It's not until June but I'm starting to train for it in a couple weeks and like you my goal is to not miss any runs. When you only run 3x/week you have make them all count!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely plan to check in more on my yearly goals - I am thinking of wrapping them up once a quarter into my goal posts, or maybe their own post. I definitely didn't do enough of that last year since I got so sucked into mymonthly goals!

      Delete
  2. if you're doing weight-type exercises, that could be the reason why the number on the scale isn't moving too much. did you also measure your body fat%? that's usually a better gauge. when i'm aiming to drop some pounds, i keep track of both weight and body fat% and when i see the fat% drop but the weight not really fluctuating, i know why (replacing fat with muscle).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't measure my body fat, I would love to, but don't feel like I have a reliable way, or any way even, to do that. How do you do it? Do you have a scale that measures it?

      Delete
  3. I don't really have February fitness goals, really just staying consistent with my workouts is what I want. BUT - my personal goals are for sure financial related! YAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - I realized too late I was so close to running 50 miles in January, so that's a little unofficial goal of mine for February if I can manage it. Should be okay since HM training will officially start.

      Delete
  4. Wow, I wish I could've used Vistaprint when I got married. That's a score! I never put together content calendars because I feel like it ruins the magic. I have ideas all the time, so I trust that, but I also like to write posts the very moment that they're inspiring me and not "save" them for some other time when they're not. I'm rebellious like that. LOL. My biggest achievement of January, putting my notice in at work!!!!!!!! I only have two weeks left after this week. ~Jessica Marie @ www.flashfittrainer.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can definitely understand ruining the magic. I definitely give myself some play, but I find that it helps me batch content that I can then plug in to places where it seems to fit best. Rather than jumping around and writing one post about a topic and then on to another.

      Ooh - congrats on putting in notice! That time will FLY by.

      Delete
  5. If it makes you feel any better, I totally feel your pain on the weight thing. I too have been working out more (okay, a LITTLE more, but that's still more! And regularly!), and making much better food choices, and...nothing. Still no results. I had a mortifying moment last night where I put on a pair of shorts that are in my giveaway pile (it's laundry day) because they used to be a tiny bit too small...and not only were they MUCH smaller, I could barely get them on. Yikes.

    I think winter is just a difficult time of year for weight loss even if we are making good choices. Our bodies are in hibernate mode and even if we are exercising we are typically not as active in our day-to-day lives. I've changed my mind about those shorts. I'm going to keep them so that when I try them on in June I can be all, "HA! WHO'S THE BOSS?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - I definitely know that even if my overall running mileage is ramping up my overall activity level is down, which is a bummer but I just don't want to go for a post-dinner walk in the dark & cold.

      Delete
  6. YAHOOOO for rescheduled engagement pics. Hope it all works this time.
    I am so impressed with your invitation cost. GO GIRL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping third time is the charm, I feel like we're never got get these done!

      Delete
  7. I'm with you for dropping 5 lbs. I literally just redownloaded a meal tracker app.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did too, but honestly I've been sucking at tracking, AGAIN. Hope it's going better for you!

      Delete
  8. I think our entire wedding was a honeymoon ;) Or maybe coming back to our new house was a honeymoon. Either way, Switzerland will be so awesome and I'm so jealous/happy for you. I'm sure once you share pics I'm going to want to book a one way ticket back there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet, the whole experience of a destination wedding would be so enjoyable! Now that our honeymoon is all booked I'm (obsessively) researching all the hikes we can do!

      Delete
  9. sucks about the weight girl. i am trying to lose weight but not weighing myself often because like you said, it's hard to stay motivated when you don't see progress. so i'm giving myself time to actually see progress haha.
    i am doing quarterly goals vs monthly goals right now, though i completely shit the bed on all january goals. it was a bad month. but so far, february is going well ;) we went to vegas for our honeymoon - it was great. we loved it. the main reason we went there was because i wasn't allowed to leave the country. hahahaha. but it really was perfect for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quarterly goals are definitely a good idea. Sometimes a month just isn't enough time to get things done, especially if life happens. I plan to check in on my longer term goals more often this year to make sure I'm actually getting shit done.

      Delete
  10. All the best with your February goals, esp the weight loss goal which is a constant struggle over here too.
    I just posted my January wrap-up too https://runwright.net/2017/01/31/january-2017-goal-check-in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks RunWright! Definitely a work in progress, always. :)

      Delete
  11. Our bodies are such funny things; they can drop weight and gain it like that. I guess that's why I don't weight myself anymore, and I think I've stayed around the same weight for the past year.

    And I totally think that planning out a whole content calendar for a year would be tough. Some weeks I don't know what to write about until the day before. O_O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - planning out a content calendar is tough. Moreso the thought of having ideas ready & in the waiting for when I have time to write or when the mood strikes me. But, it has been kind of a bust.

      Delete
  12. Losing weight is so hard and punishing! I don't advocate for weight loss, I believe you are beautiful and strong! and weight is just the amount of pressure gravity is putting on you! it tells me nothing about you! and I still know you are an awesome woman!

    Snowy engagement pictures sound magical!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's definitely a true statement!

      And thank you. :)

      Forever trying to strike a balance so my clothes all fit and I don't have to buy new ones. Haha.

      Delete
  13. Right with you on the weight thing, I'm barely over 5lbs since December and as I sit at over 200lbs, the NEED to lose weight is there and it's incredibly frustrating to feel like I'm doing everything right and barely see any results.

    Jen
    jpabstfitness.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you've seen some results! Hard to put in the work and be patient. I always try to mix it up a bit, try something new with food or exercise and see if that kick my body into gear again!

      Delete
  14. Choose a place that you really love for your honeymoon. We were pretty disappointed with our honeymoon experience so we did a redo on our 6 month anniversary! Weight loss always sucks, but it's so satisfying to see the scale move. I'm trying to focus on healthier habits that will lead to weight loss instead of focusing just on the scale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, glad you got a re-do. We're doing Switzerland, and while neither of us have been, we're both so excited! We love to hike & be outdoors, and eat cheese & chocolate, so I imagine this WILL be the perfect place.

      Delete
  15. We honeymooned in Antigua and loved it! We were all about an all inclusive package, made our lives easier. Switzerland is on my bucket list though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Antigua looks beautiful! I love the concept of all-inclusive. Hard to stomach at first, but nice to not have to whip out the wallet for EVERYTHING. Which we'll definitely be doing.

      Delete
  16. We honeymooned in Bali, Indonesia and it was incredible! We had two weeks of doing nothing but lounging around by the pool in our private villa, having other people cooking for us, getting massages, having private yoga classes and doing a whole lot of nothing :P

    It was totally different to our usual action packed holidays but it was SO lush!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Private villa? That sounds incredible! And Bali is all sorts of on my bucket list. True to form, we couldn't pick a beach & lounge around. Maybe we'll get better at that once we're married.

      Delete
  17. I didn't really set any goals other than survive having all the kids home at the beginning of January. I have set some writing goals for February however and so far so good. We honeymooned in St. Lucia and it was AWESOME. It's not a long flight and the prices are good for summer because that is technically "off season".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that it wasn't a long flight. I hate having to waste vacation time in the air, even though it's so necessary. Obviously.

      A great goal - hope the kids are back in school now & things have calmed down. :)

      Delete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!