Friday, January 27, 2017

Friday Five #56

After super nice weather last weekend, this week was pretty blah. The one day it was nice AND sunny AND warm I had to go to the dentist. Which I already hate. But getting my teeth cleaned instead of soaking up sunshine is a double no no in my book. It's finally Friday, and even though the weather sounds like it plans to be cold & wintery all weekend, cold and gross with a big mug of coffee while sitting on the couch looks a lot better than cold and gross from the inside of my work cubicle. AMIRIGHT!?

Lots o' stuff (take that with a grain of salt) happening in Sass Land this weekend. My usual long run and grocery shopping, but also some wedding cake tasting & a drink (or two) at a new local brewery. Plus hopefully some sleeping in. What are you up to this weekend? I hope you'll share with me in the comments.

In the meantime, on to some Friday Five.


one // I've been collecting things here and there to form wedding centerpieces. Which, in the scheme of things I really don't care about, but figured I could pull something together. Here's what I got. Thinking I'll stuff navy blue tissue paper down into the mason jars so you can see the bouquet stems. And obviously write the table# better. Thoughts? Actually - don't tell me unless you love them. Haha. Also, ignore our shit show of a dumping ground we keep in the basement.


two // I'll mention it again in my January goal recap but I wanted to get wedding invitations ordered during January. Well, I hopped on Vistaprint & they were having a 50% off sale - which actually runs through January 31st if you need anything! So, 100 invites + 100 inclusion cards + return address labels + free envelopes. I had to pay for shipping which generally irks me, but, still a great deal! And they should be here in another week! So fingers crossed I spelled everything right.

three // Tired of hearing about wedding things you say? How about me telling you I'm 26 and only cut a cabbage for the first time this past week. I shredded some to use in a stir fry with a spicy Asian peanut sauce, doused some with vinegar to make a quick "coleslaw" & then had Mr. Sass turn the rest into haluski. I don't know why slicing one up was so intimidating, but it was, until I tried it, and it's literally like slicing anything else. Keep your hands away from the knife, and you're good to go.

four // These egg muffins...on point. I totally forgot this concept existed - but when I totally forgot to pick up things from the store for breakfast I decided to use up some leftover veggies and make enough to last the week. I've been enjoying 2 each morning with an english muffin & they've done a great job keeping me full until lunch.



five // Funnies...





What are you up to this weekend?
What have you been eating for breakfast this week?

linking up with Heather, Amanda, AndreaTifDella & Katie

31 comments:

  1. I love making egg muffins! So easy & delish. I feel like I have so much going on this weekend! Long run, hair appt, eye appt, Nick + I are heading out w/ friends to Games 'n at in the evening - then Sunday (its a special occasion every time I see you ladies) a drink or two will be happening WOO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was at Games 'n at just once, for like 10 minutes since they were about to close, but I LOVED the concept!

      Delete
  2. I'll have to try egg muffins sometime, they look good!

    And I love your centerpieces - especially the wood base!

    Is that match.com ad supposed to be satire? I think the small print underneath butterflies says "love your imperfections" or something but...is that actually a thing? Wtf?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I saw that and was just like WHAT!?I didn't even see the fine print, but either way, I don't think you're supposed to be microwaving butterflies...

      Delete
  3. Ellen... haha.She's so funny.
    Those centerpieces are wonderful. Thumbs up for mason jars!
    So how do you warm those egg thingies up? In the microwave? How many do you eat at once?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of your funnies. What a great deal on your invitations! I love using leftover veggies in egg muffins. Jess at Just Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe this is really the firs time I've made these little egg muffins!

      Delete
  5. i LOVE making those egg muffins. what i dont love is washing that damn tin and having to scrub egg out of every nook and cranny :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG right - I soaked mine in the sink & then took the easy way out & put it in the dishwasher. Worked like a CHARM!

      Delete
  6. Hi, I'm Kelly, I'm 35 years old and I've never cut a cabbage.
    Wedding cake tasting was one of my favorite wedding prep activities - Yum! We actually did cupcakes because I couldn't decide on just one flavor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we'll go with cupcakes. My mom worked at a bakery when I was younger that had the BEST cake. So everything else seems to pale in comparison unless she makes it.

      Delete
  7. Yay for invitations! Those centerpieces are cute!

    Ja ja !! I read the match.com and thought "Hannah is a psychopath!"

    have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - I would guess Hannah isn't getting a lot of date requests, but it pretty much summed up how I feel about most of the people I met while doing online dating.

      Delete
  8. I love your centerpieces because mine were super similar... obviously, we both have great taste! ;) I bought wood tree slices and had mason jars on them with flowers.

    What an awesome deal on your invites!

    Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wahoo! Fantastic taste. I just don't get the point of anything crazy expensive for invites when they get thrown away. A girl I know said she spend FIFTEEN HUNDRED! WHAT!?

      Delete
  9. I love the chalkboard idea for centerpieces. And dangggg you are so efficient with wedding invite prices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl loves a good deal! Haha, I saw that sale and POUNCED!

      Delete
  10. Those egg muffins look good. I've never tried something like this. Do you heat them up in the morning?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - I usually microwave for 30 seconds for 2. May depend a bit on your microwave, but they heated up really well.

      Delete
  11. I love your centerpieces, not even lying. They're naturey and not overly girly or fussy which is perfect for you two. Good job!!!

    Btw- what is the new brewery!? I need to go....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mindful Brewing near Castle Shannon. I'll let you know how it is!

      Delete
  12. Your centerpieces are BEAUTIFUL; I really love rustic centerpieces. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Vistaprint has the best prices for wedding invitations, save the dates, programs, etc. We used it for our wedding too. Glad you found a great deal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whooo! We didn't use it for save the dates, but totally wish we had, pricing was better than what we paid, and service too!

      Delete
  14. You got an awesome deal on those invitations! I really like the different styles on VistaPrint & used them for my bridal shower invites. I love the rustic look of your centerpieces too! I used mason jars for ours but spray painted them instead. I like the idea of using tissue paper too so you can see most of the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I might have considered spray painting, but the mason jars are one that we use for canning our homemade pasta sauce, so I don't want to "ruin" them for canning and have to buy more!

      Delete
  15. I love that wood block for your centre pieces!

    If you're in need of vintage/rustic ideas, let me know! Our wedding was a vintage/rustic theme and I've also done a few events for our church in a similar theme!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'll email you, no idea what to do for our guestbook // gift & card table area, and it's sort of a minor miracle the centerpieces look good, I'm just pulling random things together here.

      Delete
  16. wow, 50% off sale?! that's awesome, you go girl.
    i cut up my first cabbage.... 2 years ago? 3 years ago? so 26-27. i'm with you girl. haven't done it since. haha.
    do you heat those egg muffins up? i make them for KC and he eats them cold, but i like your idea of eating them with an english muffin. yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, so by that logic I'm right on track for cutting my first? ;)

      UGH, eating them cold? Nope. Hell yeah I heat them up. 30 seconds in the microwave. I've been eating them with a fork and the english muffin on the side, but the other day I made a mini sandwich and that was good too.

      Delete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!