Friday, January 6, 2017

Friday Five #53

Do you guys ever have weeks where you just feel like nothing happens? That was this week for me. I went to the gym, then work, then home. I ate, I slept, I repeated. Seriously, nothing exciting has happened this week - unless you count Mr. Sass installing recessed lighting, and getting dust everywhere in the process.

What I'm saying is, I'm not sure yet, but I'm thinking this dose of Friday Five is gonna be a little lackluster, but let's see what we come up with...

one // Okay - I lied, one bit of excitement this week. Check back here on Monday, I'm partnering up with a local gym to do a $25 Dicks Sporting Goods gift card giveaway! It'll be super easy to enter & the giveaway will be open 1 week.

two // Mr. Sass and I unexpectedly both had Monday off - so we knew we had to find ourselves an adventure. He wanted to take me to Pymatuning State Park. It's about 1.5 hour drive from our house, and in the summer, the carp gather so densely that the ducks can walk on top of them, or so I'm told. In the winter, when no one is there to feed the carp, they disperse into the depths of the lake away from sight. So, that was a bust. Then we went looking for the 7 miles of hiking trails claimed to be in the park. Instead, all we found were lots of abandoned campsites and creepy old abandoned facility buildings. Along with a sign saying it was due to "budget restrictions". We headed back towards home and to Jennings Environmental Center where we were able to squeeze in a few miles before dusk & dinner at our favorite North Country Brewing.

I snapped a grand total of like two pictures the whole day, so here's one of them.


three // I am happy to report that out of the 3 days I made it to the gym this week it was not any more crowded than usual. Except some new guy I've never seen in a muscle tank that didn't re-rack any weights or wipe anything down. No one wants to sit on your nasty old sweat, bro.


four // I've literally got nothing. It's just been a regular old week over here. Felt like it lasted forever. Cheers to it finally being Friday. Ever have weeks like this? Where just nothing happens? I mean, we did enjoy the perfect avocado last night when we made tacos for dinner. Guess I've got that going for me.



five // Funnies...




What are you up to this weekend?
What was the best part of your week?
Tell me something good. :)

linking up with Heather, Amanda, AndreaTifDella & Katie

24 comments:

  1. Your funnies are always the best.. love the blockbuster one LOL. Also - that IS the perfect avocado. That'd probably be the highlight of my week. I feel like we've talked about this before but that whole carp thing is DISGUSTING. I saw it once in Myrtle Beach & I can't get the vision out of my head of them all at the surface.. it makes me wanna vomit. Fun. HAPPY FRIDAY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't bother me...but I don't quite understand how it's one of the top tourist attractions in the state, THAT just blows my mind.

      Delete
  2. A perfect avocado is no small joy!
    LOL - That Blockbuster funny is so great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After getting a pretty meh one this week I'm coming to understand that. ;)

      Delete
  3. I've definitely had weeks like that! I was surprised at the gym this week too... it seems like the same number of people as usual with the January bump.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I was afraid that maybe it would creep up, it hasn't. Except on Wednesday the weight room is a nightmare. Not sure why Wednesdays though.

      Delete
  4. A perfect avocado does make a week better ;)
    That word problem made me laugh. I LOVED math in school - but on word problem days, it made me feel like an idiot. Horrible at them.
    I so laughed at the Blockbuster funny.... the good ole days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't bad at math, but definitely wouldn't put it down in the "love" column. But that's pretty much how word problems always felt to me.

      Delete
  5. Sorry about the hike! Haha...stupid budget restrictions :) At least it was still a day off from work!

    Oooh yes, I'll be back for that giveaway on Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely won't complain about a day off of work. Just seemed like such a shame to have a state park almost boarded up & in shambles...

      Delete
  6. That pic of the lady drinking in the gym totally cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG the math problem HAHAHAHAHAHA! that was me all through high school but no one believed me because I'm asian and apparently, that's supposed to automatically make me a brainer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you have to be good at math, right? Haha.

      Delete
  8. LOL @ the blockbuster keychain, I still have an old blockbuster card in my wallet ;)
    This week was a total snoozer around here too, longest week ever, just waiting on Monday and my kids go back to school. This is like the longest Christmas break of all time!

    Jen
    jpabstfitness.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - I'm sure once I have kids I'll be doing the same thing. For now though it's just me wishing it WASN'T time to go back to work yet.

      Delete
  9. I love the Blockbuster Keychain. I remember when ours closed and one of my friends had a movie checked out, he was like guess it's my movie now, ROTFL. That sucks that the people are the gym weren't re-racking weights. I don't mind newbies especially in January as long as people wipe down machines, re-rack, etc. It's basic gym etiquette, and I've heard people say "well, newbies don't know", but wiping off a sweaty machine is just common courtesy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did it again later in the week & I said something to him. I tried to polite - but he acted like I was being a jerk. Not okay dude.

      Delete
  10. I had the worst luck with my produce this week. I went to the Aldi's down by the mall and everything was awful!! Definitely going to go to the one by Marshalls from now on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - I sent you an email, but, yeah, stick to Northway.

      Delete
  11. Yep! I feel like a whole lot of nothing has been happening most days lately. Everyone has time off work and I'm technically off work too but er... I may or may not have started back early last week because I had a seriously awesome opportunity and I was bored out of my freaking mind!

    I need that perfect avocado in my life. Mine have been all sorts of rubbish lately :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have like 4 still in a bag right now on my counter, I hope they don't all suck.

      Delete
  12. that avocado is truly perfect.
    my gym has been much busier, but only on the cardio machines and some of the weight machines (that i don't use anyway).
    that blockbuster card is hilarious.
    i had absolutely nothing good happen last week. it was a horrible, bad, no good, awful week. great start to 2017! thankfully this week is better so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :( I saw you post that. Don't know what's up - but I hope things are getting better, or that at least there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

      Delete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!