Monday, December 19, 2016

Weekend Highlights : Not exactly like we planned

Hey, hi, hello. Welcome back to The Sass, it's Monday, again, unfortunately. But, I hope you are ready to rock & roll, 'cause for us 9-5 folks it's really like Tuesday already! No work for me on Friday or Monday, thanks to a weekend Christmas. So, there's a good chance you won't see me around the blog world those days either.

Either way, remember on Friday when I was all YAY group run! And YAY engagement pictures? No, you don't? Well, here, look for yourself. Before we even hit lunchtime on Friday our group run was canceled due to some shit weather in the forecast. And I will say, the forecast was spot on. Rain, turning into freezing rain, and all falling down onto frozen ground. Then more rain. We woke up Saturday morning to a sheet of ice.

Instead of running errands, we brewed a full 12 cup pot of coffee & got to work. Switching out the bed in the spare room has been on the to-do list for a while, pulling out the twin bed and swapping in a full sized bed, more suited for overnight guests.

While I meant to take a picture of the whole thing, I didn't, 'cause it's all a bunch of mismatched cast-off furniture, and my college comforter (which I still love). I did, however, manage to snag a picture of the sheets that were hiding on the bed before we swapped them.


I shit you not, when I moved in this place, everything had moose (meese?) on it. The bedspread, the shower curtain, the rugs, most of the wall art. EVERYTHING. So, it didn't shock me in the slightest to see moose sheets on the bed, under the moose comforter. -__-

Shortly after we finished the spare room Mr. Sass had to jet off for work. I knew I needed to get some miles in, since I signed up for one more 5K in 2016. So I scraped the ice off my car & headed to the gym. I ran 5 miles on the treadmill, more than I've run on the treadmill in quite some time. I truly hated every second of it. So, I ran progressive miles figuring at least I'd be done faster. I'm glad I got it done - I just didn't like the process.


Then, after dinner, bee-bopping around on the Internet, I check our wedding email, see that I have an email from our photographer, the same one we were set to meet Sunday morning for engagement pictures, recommending we postpone due to weather, and the inevitable slop that 2 days of rain will bring. Of course, this was just after I finished painting my nails & picking out our outfits. Sigh.

Sunday? Lots happened Sunday. We turned wedding band shopping into a date when we split a gyro afterwards, before Mr. Sass headed off to work and I headed off for a girls day. I made chocolate covered pretzels, but my former roommate Stef went full on Pinterest.



Also, while there are no pics to prove it, this big bully spend all night on the couch giving me "hugs" aka resting his head on my (very full) belly. But, all I have instead is a picture of him looking like the saddest dog in the world, when he realized the piece of food I was holding up was just so he would look at me, and not because I actually planned to give it to him. Bad Auntie.


Not quite the weekend I planned, but a good one nonetheless.

How was your weekend?
Anyone else have a husband who thinks they live in a log cabin?
If you could get rid of one thing your significant other owns, what would it be?

Linking up with :Holly & Tricia 

20 comments:

  1. I actually think those moose sheets would make a super cute pair of leggings! Haha. That's what I thought when I saw the fabric. When I met my hubby, he actually had a ... wait for it ... fanny pack!!!! OMG! I just can't even comprehend that. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I think I actually agree they would make cute leggings. Watch out LuLaRoe - Jessie over here is making moose print leggings!

      OMG A FANNY PACK!? I hope you tossed that right out the door!

      Delete
  2. LOL! dogs are so cute with their pleading eyes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's why he'll never be a skinny dog, I truly cannot say no when he looks at me like that. You want a bite of whatever I'm eating??? OKAY!

      Delete
  3. Those moose remind me of bears in Gatlinburg - every cabin we ever rented is COVERED in bear theme decor.
    That veggie tray is adorable!!!
    Glad you got lots done even though your pics were canceled. You'll get a good day soon I'm sure. Mother Nature is still too hormonal & warm days are ahead, I bet it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I felt like his house was like before I moved in. There are still just random cabin things I find sometimes and I'm just thinking WHERE DID YOU BUY THIS!? WHO SELLS THIS.

      Delete
  4. Ha, Good question - If I could rid of something my husband owns it would be approximately 75% of his books and records... There are just so many!
    Mismatched cast-off furniture is pretty accurate description of my decorating style to date - Hence I have yet to (perhaps will never do?) a new house tour. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know I'm not the only one out there with mismatched stuff. On one hand, I would love to go out & buy all new pretty furniture, but on the other, it's just so much money, and what I have is perfectly good, just not quite my taste.

      Delete
  5. You gotta roll with it, right? Good for you for being flexible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks San. It all turned out alright, just not the way I would have planned things necessarily.

      Delete
  6. Those moose sheets are hardcore, hahaha!

    What a bummer that your weekend didn't go as planned - but it looks like it was still a fun one at least!

    If I could get rid of one thing Jesse owned... hmm.. probably his playstation because he plays it so darn much, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so grateful that Mr. Sass isn't into video games. He likes to tinker around with things and try to build stuff, which, gets annoying, but at least once and a while I get some nice home improvements out of it. :)

      Delete
  7. LOL at the moose decor...too funny!

    The weather last weekend was awful, especially on Saturday morning for us in Philly. Sorry things didn't go to plan for you! And yeah, long treadmill runs are rough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The crazy thing is, I used to only do long runs on the treadmill, before I met my running group. I once ran 13.1 miles on one before my first half marathon just to make sure I could actually run that far. WHAT WAS I THINKING!?

      Delete
  8. Hahah Paul is quite similar.. his dream one day is to have a basement full of deer heads on the walls. Ehhh not so sure of that haha. 5 miles on the treadmill is awesome! That's how I learned to love podcasts haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Same with mine! I told him that's fine but I want a room full of cute inspirational sayings and everything Pinterest, so clearly we're going to need a bigger house.

      Delete
  9. The moose sheets and the posters in your gym made me laugh! Oh--how could you say no that face? What a sweetie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG the posters at the gym kill me. But, for 29.99 a month LA Fitness more than serves its purpose.

      RIGHT!? I can't say no to that face, which is how he gets way more people food than he should.

      Delete
  10. Meese! Bahahaha. I kinda like the log cabin look though, especially for winter. Kudos for scraping the ice off your windshield, driving to the gym, and then running 5 hellacious miles on the treadmill. You are my idol. Thanks for linking, Jessie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, definitely was not my idea of a good time, but I was so glad I just stopped with the excuses & did it. I mean, I love the look for a vacation cabin in the woods, but not so much for our master bedroom!

      Delete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!