Wednesday, December 28, 2016

January 2017 Goals + December Goal Update

Holy Hell. 2016 flew by and 2017 is pretty much here. I promised you all lots of goal posts. Don't worry. I didn't forget. I'll be dedicating more posts in January to my 2017 goals, broken down into fitness, finance, personal and blogging goals.

I wanted to keep December goals simple. I knew the month would be crazy, filled with travel and extra social time. My focus was on enjoying this time, not packing it full of personal improvement projects.


Before we jump into my new January 2017 goals, let's see how I did with December.

Finish up 5K training | Couldn't let the dream die
While my "last" 5K for the year was Trot for Tots 5K on December 11th, I missed my goal. But, I've got one more change I'm running a local NYE 5K. It starts at 330PM, which should be interesting since I am usually a morning runner. I'd love to hit my sub-25 goal just in the nick of time, but if I don't? I'm still excited to run a fun // unique 5K. Long story short, 5K training is STILL NOT DONE.


Finish up Save the Date's | Done!
They're mailed! Missing a few addresses, but, I figure if someone doesn't get a Save-the-Date it's not the end of the world. So I am crossing this one off my to-do list!

Maintain Weight | Not quite sure
Honestly, not sure how I did on this one, I am going to assume the worst, which is that I packed on a few pounds worth of my Mom's cooking. But, it usually takes me a few days of drinking water like it's my job before I settle back into my true weight.

Outline 2017 Goals | Posting soon!
They're not up on the blog yet, but a lot of my spare brain power has been devoted to my 2017 goals. What do I want to accomplish next year? How will I make it happen? How will my life change once I'm officially married? Lots of pondering, stay tuned. I'll post my fitness goals next week!
___________________________________________________________________________________

So, what's on tap for the first bit of the new year!?

Register for my Spring half | I'll have the deets about which race it is up next week + some of the tune up races I'll be doing along the way.

Finish up my 2017 content calendar | No, I don't have all my 2017 posts written, though how great would that be!? But, I do have ideas penned out for what I'm writing when so when the mood strikes I can just write, not worry about an idea.

Outside workout 1x per week | This is when the doom & gloom of winter really seem to set in, making sure I get outside for a run or hike definitely helps keep my mood up!

Re-schedule engagement pics | Ours got canceled in December due to some shit weather, but I would love a winter wonderland as the backdrop, so we'll reschedule for January

Order wedding invitations | On one hand it feels like May is years away. On the other hand, I know it isn't really. This is one of those things I'm ready to order, find a good sale & check it off my to-do list.

Drop 5 LBs | I was on the maintain train over the holidays, but now that they're said & gone it's time to get back to it. I'll be tracking in MFP & keeping it simple with my workday lunches. Salads, chicken & veggies, etc. 

What are some of your January goals?
What are some of your 2017 goals?  

Linking up with AmandaAnge

28 comments:

  1. YAY goals! Lets hope this snowy weather doesn't get too crazy this weekend so you can get your 5k PR!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, we all know how that went, but I'm not giving up!

      Delete
  2. i think everyone jumped a few on the scale this holiday; i know i did for sure!

    i can't wait to get back on track and and i share your goal of more outdoorsy things (hikes, runs etc).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, your motivation & determination is inspiring. So far so good for this week. I've got a run planned outside for this frigid weekend, but imma make it happen!

      Delete
  3. I have no idea how much weight I've tacked on yet...I'm dreading that number. I'll look at the scale Jan 1st... & then be depressed the rest of the day.
    Good for you having any goals in December. Mine is always - SURVIVE! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I had done pretty well staying active and keeping my eating checked. But I guess not. The number was definitely a surprise to me.

      Delete
  4. I love this week after Christmas of dreaming, planning and goal-setting! I'm running a wellness challenge in January at work so I hope to have success with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope the wellness challenge is going well! I know what you mean, motivation is definitely high for the new year!

      Delete
  5. Yeah, vacation food definitely did not help with maintaining weight for me. I'm going to have to get back to good habits now :) And getting in at least 1 outside workout per week is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely don't always want to make the outside bit happen when it's less than 10 degrees, but I always feel like such a badass afterwards that it's worth it.

      Delete
  6. If I have my content planned for a month in advance I feel like a superstar, I'm impressed that you have the whole year mapped out!
    Good luck with the 5K - You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean - roughly mapped. Haha. I'm trying to focus on a broader scale of what I want to post on. So, budgeting, I can handle one budget-y post a month. So, if I know each Monday & Friday are taken care of, I really only have to plan Wednesdays. If I have 4 topics to post on, all of a sudden I have a whole month planned out.

      Delete
  7. Are you doing the Harmony 5K? I've thought about it but usually am too busy prepping for NYE. Will you be at Saturday's PB&R run? I'll be there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! Ciara (eatrunloveciara.com) & I are both doing it! You should think about it! It's at 330PM.

      TBD on the Saturday morning run, I would love to go, but not sure how hard I will try to race the 5K that afternoon.

      Delete
  8. You did an awesome job on your goals, IMO! And your NYE race sounds like fun! Good luck, girly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady. :) I'm excited to keep my momentum going!

      Delete
  9. I hope your engagement photos get to be snowy and beautiful! It's snowing here now so here's hoping! Good luck on your race!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the goal, I need it to quit snowing on weekdays though! Can't a girl get some Friday night snow when she needs it?

      Delete
  10. I so so agree that we need to get outside to get a refreshing workout. And it would be incredible if you get a sub 25 5k on NYE. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This weekend will be a struggle. It's supposed to be below 10 degrees here. FRIGID. Gotta pull those winter layers out I suppose. -__-

      Delete
  11. good luck for your last 5k of the year! sounds fun, and i like your attitude about the time. excited for your spring half, i have one at the end of april.. i think. i always forget when it is, but it's like the 4th time i've done it... again, i think. i am really hoping for a sub 2 but i know i'm nowhere near it right now so i have some serious training to do if i even want to come close. january... my main goal is eating well. i've gained like 100lbs in the past month. give or take a few ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahahah, I gained approximately 100 too, so I am right there with you. I'm trying to shed some of them before my HM training starts, 'cause if not it'll just make running harder than it already is. Which, like, no thanks.

      Delete
  12. I didn't meet my 5k goal this year either, and I am done with 5ks for the year. Ah well, there's always next year.

    I haven't really been going super overboard, but my weight has been creeping up and it doesn't come off easily at this time of year. :(

    I have 2 of my halfs pretty much dialed in for this year, and now have an idea for the third -- but the logistics of it are proving difficult.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you can get the logistics figured out for a 3rd race! Honestly, I usually tend to stay pretty close to home for HMs, just 'cause it makes everything easier. But I would definitely like to try a fun out of town race one year. Maybe get some friends to meet up?!

      Delete
  13. You have some great goals for the year! I look forward to seeing them. Wedding planning sounds so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wedding planning is interesting. I'm great at the big picture stuff, so that is all BAM, DONE. But I struggle with the details which is where I'm at now in the planning stage. So we shall see. Can't wait to see if all come together.

      Delete
  14. Ok, your content calendar is just a "draft folder with blog ideas", right? Or do you actually plan them out by date?

    Sounds like you have a some great goals lined up. Should all be doable :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Goodness, January went so quickly I didn't manage to stop by until now. My apologies and thank you for linking up!

    I've finally made it out for a few runs and I'm absolutely LOVING running outside, even if it is cold.

    ReplyDelete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!