Friday, December 30, 2016

Friday Five #52

Hey friends, feels like it's been a while since I wrote a Friday Five post or any sort of recap & it has been. I'm excited for another 3 day weekend! How about you? I'm also excited for my NYE plans tomorrow! Local afternoon 5K with Ciara, 6PM fireworks, pick up Chinese food on the way home, sip wine on the couch in my own house until midnight. Now that's a NYE done 'Old lady style'. :) What are you up to for NYE?

Before I can get ahead of myself, it's Friday, but also, in my 9-5 world (okay, so really I start work at 830, it just doesn't have the same ring) it's month end, quarter end, and year end, all on one day. Which means errybody wants their shit done and they want it done today.

Onto some Friday Five before I catch y'all back here next year (does that "joke" ever get old!?)!


one // My Mom is, umm, not great with technology. She got a smartphone in 2016, and other than learning how to use emojis, she pretty much has no idea what she's doing. So when I told her there was a self-timer feature on the iPhone, which meant we didn't have to try to cram into a selfie, she was ecstatic. Can't say the pictures turned out any better, but Merry Belated Christmas, Internet friends. :) And no worries, there was one where we actually smiled, just didn't seem like any fun to show you that one.


two // Guys. The Sass. I was born this way, seriously.


three // Mr. Sass is such a handyman & it is one of those qualities I never knew I cared about in a future husband until I had it. He was sick of me tossing my keys // wallet on the living room end table instead of "where they belong" - which we still disagree on, but that's a story for another day. So, he found some old pallets and crafted this beauty which does triple duty. Slots to hold mail, hooks for keys & jackets AND I plan to string some twine up top and use it to display some more pictures! Did I mention he did it all based off a picture I found on Pinterest & in one afternoon? Yeah, cue those heart eyed emojis for my resident handyman.


four // After reading Gretchen's post I ordered myself a GreenChef box to try out. It came last night - which was perfect because pickins was gettin' slim around here since I chose to postpone a grocery run until this weekend. We made one meal right away, but excited to try the rest!



five // Funnies...

As evidenced by my NYE plans...




How are you celebrating NYE?
If you could be any superhero which one would you be?
Tell me about more things I can make Mr. Sass build from pallets - I.AM.OBSESSED.

linking up with Heather, Amanda, AndreaTifDella & Katie

20 comments:

  1. I am embracing my inner old lady as well. I am not a NYE person and I can't tell you the last time I was up at midnight...and I'm 100% fine with that! I am cracking up at the jury duty meme, also me.

    Jen
    jpabstfitness.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a big NYE person either. I love that I have friends who are the same way. I got invited to a party, but it was just a big drinking fest & then people stayed up late. NO THANKS!

      Delete
  2. LOL at the superhero funny. OMG - That'd be so me!! Also - can't wait for NYE. All the plans!!! I hope we can squeeze in a hike Sunday morning! Also - am I the only one that actually hopes to get on jury duty? Seems like it would be cool. Idk, maybe I'm wrong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha OMG - you know who was on jury duty? Mr. Sass' friend BRIAN. Dying laughing right now. He will tell you all about it. I've heard the story a BAZILLION times.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fireworks and a NYE 5k sound like a great way to spend your day on Saturday! And omg, Mr Sass is perfect! Can I hire him? I personally have always wanted a pallet garden for my backyard, I think they're so cool! Maybe he could make one of those for you in the spring haha! Happy New Years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked up pallet garden, they're so cute! He broke down all the full pallets we had left, so now they're just wood, but thinking I may make him go searching for one that is intact.

      Delete
  5. Ooh wow, that Green Chef box looks fun! And I love how you got that fun selfie of your family. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Green Chef has definitely been fun to try. Not something I think we'll use on the regular, but definitely something different.

      Delete
  6. Superhero - I always say I'd be Mystique... & I want Rebecca Romain's body with that ;)
    Your mom looks so happy in that selfie picture :)
    Look at your crafty guy! What a perfect thing to have. I need a central spot for mail &keys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He made me a crafty way to hold coffee // mugs & a wine rack, I posted to FB, but thinking the blog needs a pic. It's perfect. He surprised me one day after work. I about tackled him I was so excited!

      Delete
  7. I'm so glad you tried out Green Chef! Hope you like it :) I might steal your idea for NYE..I am so over parties and staying up late!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Literally hope to do this every year forever. Not going out on NYE rocked!

      Delete
  8. 6pm fireworks?! I am so jealous! We have to wait til 9pm here (because of daylight savings) and that's almost bedtime, hahaha!

    I saw your shelves on FB and showed Jesse because I want some for myself! Way to go, Mr Sass!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what winter time in the Northern Hemisphere will get ya. It's dark by a few minutes after 5PM here right now.

      Aren't they wonderful!? I was seriously over the moon! I love having my coffee mugs out on display!

      Delete
  9. Oh my gosh, I love that key holder he made! My house is all primitive and rustic decor and that definitely has a rustic vibe!

    I'm also an old lady who loves an early bedtime. Husband and I went to bed at 11:15 last night. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rustic seems to be where Mr. Sass and I align on decor styles so I guess that'll be our theme too. Otherwise we pretty much can't manage to agree. Haha.

      Delete
  10. having a man around the house who knows his way around tools IS AMAZING. seriously...saves you so much $ and you can customize your own stuff! my husband learned from his engineer dad and when we moved out into our own home, he BUILT OUR JAPANESE STYLE BED. also built a shit ton of lamps, shades, benches, tables etc. who needs Pottery Barn?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! He doesn't know it yet, but once we get this wedding over with that man is building us a new dining room table & coffee table, maybe some end tables!? And a new bed frame. Nothing WRONG with ours, just hate the style.

      Delete
  11. Haha... that's so great that your Mom learns to take selfies :) and I love your childhood photo! How awesome is that. You were cool before cool was a word!

    I could also use one of those wall organizers, so if your soon-to-be husband has any free time on his hands... :D

    ReplyDelete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!