Friday, December 16, 2016

Friday Five #51

For whatever reason, this week has felt so scattered. Maybe it has been my fuller that usual social calendar, everyone seems to want to hang out as we creep up on Christmas, or my general lack of sleep as a result. Either way, I'm psyched it's the weekend.

I'll finally get to join in a group run Saturday morning (so long as the weather holds out!) and we are supposed to be taking engagement pictures on Sunday. Though I still have NO IDEA what I'm wearing for them. Cue panic!

If you missed it, I posted my year in review on Wednesday, all of my favorite adventures of 2016, and boy, has it been a year. Either way, it's on to some sense of normalcy around here, some Friday Five.


one // Okay, so I know I said that the Trot for Tots 5K was my last race of the year, and it was, until I found this New Years Eve 5K. Complete with what I've been calling "Old Lady Fireworks" because they go off at 6PM which is just my style. A NYE celebration early enough that I can have fun and then go home and drink on the couch? Sign me up. Maybe my sub 25 goal for 2016 isn't dead after all?

two // Mr. Sass had Wednesday off this week & I got some good news, so I convinced him to cook me a fancy dinner. We had venison fillets, scallops, and rosemary potatoes, and of course, a bottle of red. And the picture does it no justice.


three // Tuesday was ladies night at Pro Bike + Run. Unfortunately the weather kept some folks away, but I'm so glad I made it. There were great vendors, awesome food (that I ate until I was way too full) and giveaways. Including Gu & Stroopwafel by Gu. It took two friends convincing me, since my original plan was to rush home from work and change into sweatpants per usual, but I'm so glad I went!


four // Me, trying not to laugh & shake the ornaments off my antlers. One of the minute to win it games at a holiday party last weekend was to get as many ornaments onto the antlers on your head as you could. Mr. Sass' antlers got all tangled up in mine when we tried to snap a picture.


five // Funnies...





How do you celebrate good news?
What holiday tradition are you looking forward to in the next few weeks?
What was the best part of your week?

linking up with Heather, Amanda, AndreaTifDella & Katie

24 comments:

  1. I'm sooo glad you came to Ladies Night too! Such a fun night. ALSO - your sub 25 goal may not be out of reach - I'm so glad you found this 5k! Maybe I've got 1 last PR in me for 2016... ALSO - that antler picture of you guys is haaalarious. AND what this good news?! Do tell. And I doubt Saturday morning is gonna happen, so just prepare to sleep in. YAY FRIYAY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, while I was sad about the no group run bit, the sleeping in truly was glorious. And I NEEDED it!

      I've been putting in some hard work running, especially when I wasn't in the mood,so hoping it will pay off & it will just be my day. It'll be interesting too since I don't usually run in the afternoon.

      Delete
  2. i'm so looking forward to christmas day! that first sip of christmas coffee, the big christmas breakfast and just being in PJs all day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes to lots of coffee & a big breakfast! Now that we're all grown-up we definitely take our time. The highlight is more the food than any gifts.

      Delete
  3. How weird, friends of mine with family in PGH who will be there over the holidays were just telling me about that 5K - I think the early fireworks are to celebrate German New Year? They do it every year and if I were in PGH for New Year's I'd totally join in (I'll only be there over Xmas). It sounds really fun but just as a forewarning, they told me it is hilly. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they celebrate everything on German time!

      They do do it every year, I know, because if NYE is a week day there is no way I can get my butt out there in time to run, but I've always wanted to join!

      Waves as I pass by, just in time for me to leave and go to Cincinnati for Christmas!

      Delete
  4. I am so excited that you get another shot at the sub 25 5K!! I hope you "officially" make your goal!

    Holiday tradition? mmm... making tamales with my family! I'm most definitely looking forward to that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ana! Me too! I just found out it may be hilly, but I'm still gonna go for it! Can't make it if I don't try.

      Delete
  5. A new years 5K is awesome!! That will be a great close the year :)
    Old lady fireworks are right up my alley. lol
    Celebrate??lots of wine lol and wine even if I am not :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plenty of wine to be had! I'm excited to send off the year on a fun note, doing something I love. And then enjoy Chinese takeout, wine & fancy cheese from the comfort of my couch!

      Delete
  6. I'd love to be in on the Old Lady Fireworks, Haha, I can never stay up late enough to ever see them!
    Looking forward to doing a Polar Express train with my daughter this weekend - This is the first time but it may become an annual tradition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The past few years I've been asleep before midnight. OOPS!

      A Polar Express train? Like from the book? That sounds like SO much fun!

      Delete
  7. That New Year's Eve race sounds like a lot of fun! I usually do a New Year's Day 5k as a nice way to start the year but this is the first year since I started running that I won't be doing it. But I'm spending that weekend at a cabin with friends instead so I'll just try to do my own 5k :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A weekend at the cabin sounds fun. I love that there are NYD 5Ks. Maybe there are around here, but I don't know of any. Plus, I love sleeping in!

      Delete
  8. Those antlers... I want to wear them for a Christmas card picture next year ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend MADE them! She took headbands and then wire & wrapped it in a brown cloth. She is seriously SO crafty & is always doing stuff like that.

      Delete
  9. A New Years Eve race sounds like so much fun! That dinner looks amazing! Jess at Just Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty excited. It's a 5K, but unlike any I've ever done, and I'm super psyched for post race fireworks!

      Delete
  10. NYE 5Ksounds like a lot of fun!
    OMG- those antlers, I love it!!

    Jen
    jpabstfitness.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen! Glad the timing for the 5K worked out. Usually NYE is a weekday so I have to work & miss out on the 5K.

      Delete
  11. A NYE celebration early enough that I can have fun and then go home and drink on the couch? <<< that is something Jesse would say, hahahaha! But he definitely wouldn't be racing!

    And let's be honest... I usually celebrate good news with happy dances :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is seriously like my perfect NYE. Mr. Sass was all, why don't you & your friends go out. I was like umm, 'cause that sounds terrible & crowded. Ew.

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. My friend MADE them, which made it even better!

      Delete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!