Friday, December 9, 2016

Friday Five #50

We made it! This week seemed to drag by. Mr. Sass worked a week of midnight shift, 11PM - 7AM which screwed up our whole routine (if you can even call our scattered schedule a routine...). He was getting ready for work, bumping around the house while I was trying to fall asleep, and I'm really good at hearing every creak the house makes when he's not around. So, I'm super excited to get some deep sleep this weekend.

This weekend is also my final 5K of the year, and I've got big goals to run a sub-25 clock time! Keep your eyes peeled on Instagram for the results, and I'll have a race recap posted on Monday!

one // My salad game was on point this week. I usually struggle to eat my veggies as the weather gets colder, so I am on a mission this year. Spring mix, peppers, tomatoes, carrots, bacon bits, goat cheese, craisins & sunflower seeds. Hell yeah!



two // Honeymoon = 85% booked. We found a great deal, so we jumped on it, spent some nights on the couch researching extensively, and now it's booked! We have some hotels // days already planned out, and a few that we still have to plan, but I think that will be an exciting task. Even thinking about planning a trip makes me giddy! I am a traveler at heart for sure. We're headed to Switzerland!

Source : Wilderness Travel
three // When I was busy taking selfies at the gym & a guy walks into the room I'm in & gives me a funny look. Like, bro, I'm just trying to take selfies while I workout, don't worry about it. I didn't even realize I had captured this "blooper" until I was writing this post. But, I think my face says it all.



four // My office is freezing, then I spent Thursday traveling for work, to a warehouse that is not temperature controlled. Which, is code for, it's cold. Needless to say, I feel like I've been cold all week. I've been making a "redneck hot toddy" as I've decided to call it. Hot tea, some sort of rum (Mr Sass suggested vodka, but mmm, no thanks.) & honey. It's delicious, and I think you'll find me enjoying these until it's 65 degrees outside.

five // Funnies...while I wasn't loving this week, I was bee-bopping along just fine until some news yesterday bummed me out more than I anticipated. I'm sure I'll be posting eventually, but for now I'm just going to be vague (don't you love that on the Internet?) & deal with it all on the inside. So, I needed me some funnies...

I don't have kids...or do shrooms, but this sounds accurate.

 And me every time I pack for vacation...
Or anytime Mr. Sass has my phone. Like,why, why did I take all those selfies. Oh no, now he's gonna find them. He's gonna find out I'm weirder than he already knows that I am. Oh no. Panic.



Have a good weekend, friends. Tell me something good in the comments, I'm still sort of moping along, so I'd love to hear some good things you've got going on!

linking up with Heather, Amanda, AndreaTifDella & Katie

18 comments:

  1. LOL i wait until everyone leaves my gym so i can take selfies. once i thought everyone left but this guy was behind a machine so i started snapping away and when he came out from behind the machine, i was so embarrassed that i pretended like i was looking for something on my phone but he knew exactly what i was doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG that sounds exactly like me taking selfies in the gym. I'm trying to get better about not giving a fuck, but so far, I would give myself a C- at that. No one really does that at my gym, so I would definitely look out of place.

      Delete
  2. Those salads you prepped sound delicious! I need to buy more Tupperware so I can actually have all my meals ready to go. Usually things are prepped but I still need to portion. And yay for booking your honeymoon, that was honestly my favorite part of our wedding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are seriously swimming around in Tupperware, and Mr. Sass hates me for it. But it comes in handy! It's not like we don't use it! Honestly, my big containers are from Dollar Tree & they work great because they're wide but shallow, so I can spread everything out.

      Delete
  3. I love that you take selfies while you work out to share with us. And getting in your veggies by planning it out is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Veggies are just not my go-to in cold weather. So if I don't plan, I probably wouldn't eat a single veggie besides tomatoes in chili until Spring.

      And yay! Glad you like the selfies. My face was definitely a little red when I got 'caught'.

      Delete
  4. I so laughed at the busted Selfie pic --- been there, done that.
    Laughing at the vacation packing - SO ME!!!!! 100%
    I'm applauding you doing the salads. I am picking up my veggie game... January 1st ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, That is so true about packing! And kids! I think it's like living with tiny drunk people. The drama. The irrational decisions. Why is there a carrot in this sock? I don't know but DON'T TAKE IT OUT OF THE WORLD WILL IMPLODE!
    I'm sorry for whatever isn't going right, but good luck at the 5K and... Switzerland!!!! I am so jealous. My husband and I have said we can each pick a big destination for our 40th bday, and that's on the short list for mine. (But I do have a while to decide).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait for cheese on Sunday! And I doubt I'll run, but I can't wait to cheer you on at the finish line :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The packing thing is so me. Here I am trying to be more minimalist and downsize my life and yet, I still cling to my tendency to overpack. Good luck on your 5K this weekend - I'm sure you'll do great! I'd love to go to Switzerland one day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope everything is ok :-/ Let me know if you want to talk!

    Today Dan and I both took a vacation day and spent the morning eating brunch (we went to First Watch in McCrossing...check it out if you haven't been there yet!) then went to Sam's. I thought it would be empty but apparently this is when all the retired people go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww, well I just started following you on Instagram so I can cheer when you run your 5K. I am impressed with your prepping work :)
    I have a fun run tomorrow and it will be freezing so I'll bundle up and get it done smiling all the way....and I have a work party tonight. I hate work socializing -it is awkward and usually hilarious but i can't post about it fear of someone reading my blog lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Switzerland sounds like an amazing honeymoon! I love to eat salads, I hate prepping them. Especially because I really only like them with lots of "stuff" in them! Have a great weekend! Stopping by from Andrea at Momfessionals linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh your honeymoon is going to be AMAZING!

    Sending hugs your way, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love.

      RIGHT!? I can't stop planning the honeymoon. It's my current obsession. We bought a bunch of travel guide books!

      Delete
  12. Switzerland?! how exciting!!!!!
    the blooper hahaha
    i'm so sorry about your news. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady, in the scheme of life, not a big deal, but kind of just a bummer. I'll live. :)

      And seriously so excited about Switzerland, the whole country sounds like my kind of place. Cheese, chocolate & hiking!? If I have to ;)

      Delete
  13. This information is impressive; I am inspired with your post writing style & how continuously you describe this topic. After reading your post, thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel happy about it and I love learning more about this topic.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Civil engineering outsourcing services | hoa lan ho diep | Civil engineering services | Outsource Structural Drafting Services | Outsource CAD drafting services

    ReplyDelete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!