Friday, December 2, 2016

Friday Five #49

Hi friends! It feels like it has been forever since I wrote a Friday Five post. I took last Friday off, so it's been a while. I love sharing random snippets of my week with you. And I love even more when you play along in the comments & tell me bits of your week too! :)

The first half of the week flew by, but on Thursday things slowed to a snails pace as I waited for Friday to come around. I'm headed to Maryland for a girls weekend. I'm excited for a weekends worth of wine drinking, hiking and especially playing board games (something Mr. Sass does not enjoy)!

If you missed it on Wednesday, it has been a whole year of Sass over here at The Acquired Sass. And my December goals post went live on Monday.

There's been a lot happening in my world. Lots of it wedding related, like picking a dress & a caterer. So, big picture wise, wedding is planned. Some of it not wedding related. Like getting to see 4 of my best friends over Thanksgiving, which made me feel all warm & fuzzy.

On a 100% unrelated note. If anyone has been to Switzerland. EMAIL ME. Or leave a comment & I'll find you. Especially if it's recently enough that you can give recommendations. Let's chat!

Now on to your regularly scheduled Friday Five!


one // It's been Thanksgiving leftover remix week here in the Sass house. Cranberry sauce added to plain greek yogurt for breakfast. Mashed sweet potatoes turned into a savory soup.


And while I don't have enough turkey leftover to make a sandwich, I may just buy some, because I mixed together cranberry sauce & mayo, for a sweet and tangy sandwich topper. And ohh man was that delicious. Would recommend to a friend.

two // 15. The number of days I saw Mr.Sass during November even though we live together. Maybe he moved out? Haha. A hunting trip for him + a long Thanksgiving weekend away meant lots of time apart. Thankfully he's back, just in time to start 2 months of evening shift (3pm - 11pm) - so we can fall right back in our routine of never seeing each other.

three // Oh man. I'm not usually a shopper. But I went hard on Cyber Monday. Still waiting for things to show up, but here's the run down.

1. New gym bag - mine was already a little suspect, but then a take-out container leaked some pasta sauce on it. So, out with the old, in with the new.

2. Wedding shoes! Yeah, you'll see me rocking my wedding dress, but a quick peep underneath & you'll see these babies!


3. Running shoes x 2 - when I saw my current running shoes for 50% off I knew I had to. I waited until I got home to double check my size, but they were all sold out on the Saucony website. I was so sad. But, found them on the DSW site for the same price & still with free shipping. I missed out on one of the color combos I wanted. But, I'll live. I'm not exactly known for being as fashionista.



four // Headed to Bad Tom Smith Brewing with my friend Sally over Thanksgiving. We each tried 4 different beers in a flight & were all too happy to pimp out our Instagrams for a free pint glass for a promotion they were having. Still don't love beer, but it's getting to be tolerable. That's progress, right? If you're in Cincinnati, check it out. The Cincinnati craft beer scene has really exploded the past few years, so I can't wait to make my rounds next time I'm back.


WANTED : FREE PINT GLASS For being a badass

five // FUNNIES!



I feel like this is Instagram all of the time. People "keeping it simple" which is still fancier than me when I'm trying hard. Which is why I don't post food pics. Or oatmeal pics. 'Cause all stirring in chocolate protein powder does is make it look like my oatmeal was shat out by something on the side of the road. Haha.


 And also this. I forever know too much & have to pretend I don't. Ohh, you and your boyfriend broke up. Wow. Tell me more about that. I had no idea! LOLZ.

What are you up to this weekend?
What's your favorite way to repurpose Thanksgiving leftovers - or any leftovers?
Any good Cyber Monday or Black Friday buys? 

linking up with Heather, Amanda, AndreaTifDella & Katie

30 comments:

  1. Those memes totally made me laugh and yes my breakfast sometimes looks like dog food! Love your wedding shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly my breakfast is pretty much never pretty. Utility over beauty.

      Delete
  2. LOL. Keeping it simple for me is, like, a PBJ and some hummus and veggies. The Instagram food culture makes my head spin. I think people just like to show off/humble brag on social media. Kind of like whenever I see someone say "I really needed a recovery day so I decided to take it easy with a 7 mile run followed by 20 miles on the bike trainer and then 45 minutes of body weight strength training and then a hot yoga class because hey why not?" Erm, ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES. That's exactly how I feel about fitness on Instagram. Ran a billion miles, had energy to stretch, and foam roll, and strength train and then also make pretty oatmeal. -__-

      Delete
  3. I love making soup with my leftover turkey! I actually froze it last week and am gonna get it out for soup on Monday. And I love going to a brewery and getting a tasting, it definitely helps you figure out what kind of beers you like. I'm a snob now and can't just order a bud light anymore though lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Freezing is a great idea. The last thing I want after Thanksgiving is more Thanksgiving leftovers. Even if they have been transformed.

      Haha, most of Mr. Sass' friends still drink Miller Lite. WHYYYY.

      Delete
  4. Ooh... that's great that you found the running shoes for 50% off. Smart to stock up on a couple pairs. And I love the wedding shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love when I have multiple pairs to rotate through, I feel like it helps extend the life of all the pairs somehow.

      Delete
  5. I've been to Switzerland! And I'm really jealous if you're going there because it's my favorite place ever. Seriously it's amazing and you're going to love it!! And I love the wedding shoes :) Very "you"!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your wedding shoes!! those are perfect!!

    I have a shopping weekend with my sisters for Christmas. I'm hoping one will let me buy her something for Christmas and we can call that done! and I'm hoping my brother will pick something too!

    We made tamales with our thanksgiving left overs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TAMALES!? That sounds absolutely perfect. And something I would never think of.

      Thanks, I'm getting some flack about the shoes from folks who think I should be "fancier" - but that just isn't me.

      Delete
  7. That 'stalking' thing, totally busted my boss doing that because she mentioned a picture that I had only posted on my blog of my niece... so good to know she's reading it now ... but her reaction when I mentioned my nieces & thanksgiving, totally gave her away.

    I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE you're wearing blue converse at the wedding!!! Is your bridal party wearing converse too? I had a bride do that- she wore blue shoes & her bridesmaids wore colors that matched their dresses :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's too funny.

      I am so guilty about being wayyyy far back in the archives of someone's FB I shouldn't even be on. And then somehow like being on their ex's page. OOPS.

      No converse for the wedding party. That would be cute I guess? But, I like it as like my little secret if you catch a peek under my dress. :)

      Delete
  8. I love that you're wearing Chucks as your wedding shoes! And blue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! Obviously I love it too! I figure that'll be my something blue. :)

      Delete
  9. Have a fun girls weekend! Sounds like it's going to be awesome! We had so many variations of leftovers over here this week too! My favorite was turkey pot pie! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, turkey pot pie is a good one. We're out of Thanksgiving leftovers, but we always have leftover chicken laying around.

      Delete
  10. Love, Love your wedding shoes! Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yes, love the unconventional wedding shoe choice! I wore cowboy boots and my bridal party did too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that! I'm now considering having the bridesmaids toss on a pair of Converse for the reception if they already own one.

      Delete
  12. Your funnies are ON POINT for this week. I went a little crazy on Cyber Monday too but it's hard NOT TO when you're going to need those things anyways and the deals are so good. I haven't been to Switzerland, but I'm deciding on places to go in 2017 and that country is on my list! Are you looking at it as a honeymoon option?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, honeymooning in Switzerland!

      It seems like it's definitely going to be one of our pricier trips, but all the more reason to do it now while we have $$$. I'm sure there are budget friendly options though, just have to keep your eyes peeled.

      Delete
  13. You need to try my cranberry pumpkin enchiladas. They are AMAZING (search for them on my blog or pinterest). I had fun shoes for my wedding--peacock stilettos--and then different shoes for my reception--glittery Toms! COMFORT IS THE WAY TO GO. But ya gots to be cute, too :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those enchiladas sound delicious!

      Comfort is definitely the way to go, I can't imagine not being able to dance with ease!

      Delete
  14. Ummmmm, hello wedding planning queen. I had like two weeks to go until ours and I still didn't have everything sorted, ha!


    I love that you're wearing chucks under your dress! I wore Toms under mine for the reception :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, wasn't your engagement so short though!? 'Cause of visa stuff? We've been so lucky so far. None of the vendors we've been interested in have been booked. It's like the waters have parted & this whole thing has just been so simple so far.

      Delete
  15. Love your memes! It's true about the Grinch, I sometimes just want it all to stop! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!