Monday, November 14, 2016

Weekend o' Wine : Hashtag-ish Style

It's Monday. Blah. After a fun weekend, I'm not really ready to embrace Monday with open arms. The good news is, I have lots going on after work this week, so I'm hoping the work week will fly by, and carry me straight to my 5K on Saturday, where hopefully the weather will be nice and cold, so I can run a PR.

This post may be a little all over the place - lots to share about the weekend, but also want some feedback from you! I'm working on my 2017 blog content. So I want to know what you all want to see.

More budgeting posts?
Budgeting 101 : 6 steps to get you started
Budgeting 101 : My REAL budget, with REAL numbers
Budgeting 101 : Cash Confessional

More travel recaps?
36 Hours in Venice : What to see, eat & drink
New Zealand Trip Recap : Part 3 (Queenstown)
My Climb to the Roof of Africa : Part One

Some meal planning // menu plan posts? You guys do seem to love when I share my grocery hauls on Instagram.

More workout // racing posts?
Like my race recaps you can find here.

Or is there something I didn't mention but that you would love to see?

How was your weekend? Anything exciting to share?

My former roommate Stef, her cousin Tracy & I headed to Erie Wine Country. It's only about a 2 hour drive from Pittsburgh. Stef took care of the details, found us a great Air B&B and we headed north! So, here's our wine-o weekend, hashtag style.

#WineryNumberOne #6MileCellars


#OnwardMarch


#WineryNumeroDos #DosIsTwoInSpanish #WineWasMeh #LakeviewWineCellars


#Winery4 #ItWasCrowded #WeDidntStayLong



#TheSignWasTheBestPart #WineryNumberSix



#WrongTurn #ButItsPretty


#WellGetEmNextTime #InMyDefenseThisWasAfterWineryNumberSix #JumpingIsHard


#Winery7 #SouthShoreWineCompany



#LakeErieSunset


#OneMoreWinery #IfYouLostTrackThatsEight


How was your weekend?
What are your favorite posts to read on the blog?
What would you like to see more of?
Anyone been to Erie Wine Country?

Linking up with Holly & Tricia  

27 comments:

  1. YES to all of the above!! And maybe a weekly workout recap would be interesting too! I'm always curious what people are doing during the week for fitness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sigh. Gotta get used to having my phone with me when I workout. I'm terrible about leaving it in the locker room or at home.

      Delete
  2. I never can pick a favorite thing on a blog for someone to post about - I just like reading about your life & the fun things you see & do - no rhyme or reason.

    That sunset pic. Oh mercy! Gorgeous.
    Love the vineyard pic too ... & who can resist a good jumping picture :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahaha, that was the best jumping pic out of 'em all, you should have seen the true flops.

      Delete
  3. I have yet to visit a winery, it looks like such a fun time!! I think all your posts are great, I really enjoyed the travel and of course running/training recaps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the input Janelle! My training has been a little lax so definitely something to get back to as I get back to training.

      Delete
  4. Oh, a wine tour sounds amazing!! I've been wanting to do one for a while!

    Mmm.. that is an interesting question... I like honest post, but I already told you that's why I like your blog, the honesty. There is no sugar coating adulating or budgets! and I like that very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely some more of those things I want to touch on, so all sorts of those posts are IN PROGRESS!

      Delete
  5. Wineries are always fun! Sounds like a great girl's weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love visiting wineries, we're actually going on a wine tour this weekend and I'm so excited. Especially this time of year when all the colors on the trees are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah - hope you had fun on your wine tour!

      Delete
  7. Wine tastings are the best! And winery hopping is even more fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! They were all so close together too it made it super easy!

      Delete
  8. That looks like my ideal weekend. I'll have to try that place out some time! Erie is a great little town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely working on exploring Erie more - a decent chunk of things to do, and close enough for a weekend trip without breaking the bank!

      Delete
  9. You know, I've been wanting to go to Erie ever since the last post you did about a hike up that way, and now I want to go more than ever. I love the jump picture! Perfect weather for wine tasting...but, I guess, all weather is perfect for wine tasting. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! You could make a whole weekend out of it, we had to leave early Sunday which was a bummer. But you could wine taste all day Saturday and hike all day Sunday! Or switch! most of the wineries are open Sunday too!

      Delete
  10. My blog suggestion is really frustrating but I say keep doing what you're doing, girly!

    It looks like you had such a great weekend away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not frustrating at all. Nice to know people already like what's happening. :)

      Delete
  11. I've always loved race recaps and am very interested in travel posts too...with tons of pictures! Sadly, I don't cook as much as I used to. Touring multiple wineries with gal pals sounds like an ideal way to spend the weekend! Thanks for linking, Jessie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I'll ever race as much as you do Holly, but I've toyed with more races per training cycle for 2017!

      Delete
  12. I'd agree with Kristy; do what you really really love to do, because that is what what makes blogging fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that you all love what I'm already doing. Makes my heart happy. :)

      Delete
  13. I'm still a newbie wine drinker but I'm learning. I've passed up wine tastings so many times because I didn't drink it and now that I want to do one and learn more I can't seem to find them. Looks like you had a great time visiting these with your friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I always ask when I go to restaurants too if any of there wine list is local stuff, as long as I'm not at a chain they usually have one or two, so I can do my own tasting. ;)

      Delete
  14. I like the mix of things you post on your blog... keeping doing what you're doing :)

    ReplyDelete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!