Friday, November 18, 2016

Friday Five #48

WE MADE IT. But seriously, this week has been a doozy. Work is crazy. My social life ended up much more social than anticipated, and so I am ready for a wild Friday night at the grocery store, followed by an early bedtime.

I'm running a local 5K this weekend, and while I would love to run sub-25, I'm not sure if I'm quite there yet, either way, I hope to get in some even pacing, and even negative split miles and end strong instead of feeling like I want to puke. So look for a race recap on Monday!

I hope you'll tell me something good in the comments, or share one of your favorite bits from the week.

But, now, on to my Friday Five.


one // If you follow me on Instagram you know I'm a big Aldi fan, which is how we keep our grocery bill so low. They have "special buys" which are limited time offers of different food (and non-food) products. I scooped up a few recently that were worth mentioning. Including their Everything Hummus - which tastes just like the toppings from my favorite everything bagels, Blueberry Vanilla Goat Cheese, $3.99 // 6oz when TJ's will cost you $13.99 // 8oz, and finally, their Salted Caramel Mocha Coffee Creamer. Mmm.



two // I'm usually not a big shopper, for anything other than food. But in the past few weeks I've been struck by how sparse my closet is. During the move I made it a point to get rid of things that don't fit well or don't make me feel good, but this left me with some gaps. I picked up a cute new dress at TJ Maxx on Tuesday. It has pockets!


And on Wednesday I snagged two new pairs of flats on at Kohls. I previously had lots of pairs of lower quality flats from Payless. But, now that I have a standing desk at work, I need something a little higher quality if I plan to stand for more than a few minutes at a time. Sadly, I left this super cute, comfortable dress behind because it was a bit short for the office.


three // My former roommates and I, pup included, got together Wednesday night after work for dinner. One cooked, while the other two of us drank wine and danced around our former shared house. After dinner we ended up playing a game or two of Sorry! before I headed home for the night. I managed to get all my men in the safe zone well before they did, and STILL LOST!


four // When you're on Instagram and you notice one of your favorite "big bloggers" liked and commented on your photo. :)



five // Funnies...and while I'm only going to include one, if you're not up on your Obama // Biden memes, you clearly don't Internet hard enough.



I mean, I'm not a cat person, like at all, but these cat funnies have been killing me.





Congrats on making it through the week.
Tell me something good. :)

linking up with Heather, Amanda, AndreaTifDella & Katie

20 comments:

  1. I LOVE that super cute, comfortable dress! I hope you have a nice relaxing weekend. I'm going to Light Up Night tonight w/ Katie + her roommate.. then tomorrow, run & then the training info session. Good luck on your 5k tomorrow, can't wait to hear (+ read) all about it! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dress is wonderful. I plan to try it with tights and booties one day this week!

      Delete
  2. hahaha, no eggnog for me. Uh OH!
    The cats are cracking me up.
    Everytime I hear someone cleaned something out I get envious lol I seriously, need to get rid of things that don't fit well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so hard. I honestly have to be in just the right mindset or it doesn't go well.

      Delete
  3. those memes are amazing; i wish we had something like that for our government!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it seems to be about the only thing people can come together on from this election.

      Delete
  4. That cat rocking is fanastic!!
    Those dresses both look great on you.
    I need some new good quality shoes too. I am famous for getting cheap shoes. Heck, I live 90% of my life in $1.99 Old navy flip flops ;) ... & then $150 running shoes. #priorities
    That hummus... its a weird color. I didnt even think anything was in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I never thought about it. But I do that too. Buy super cheap Payless flats and wear them for like 10 years, and then replace my running shoes every few months. OOPS!

      Delete
  5. The Obama memes are great! I was literally LOL in the office reading them the other day. Good luck in your race this weekend! We're heading down to VA to explore a few wineries. I'm excited to spend some time outside, eat good snacks, and drink delicious wine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you had fun at the wineries! That's definitely one of my favorite ways to spend a weekend!

      Delete
  6. Good luck on your 5K! I hope you meet your time goal!

    It is the best when others like pictures in Instagram! I recently had Jackie Guerra like my Selena Pictures... I was super excited ! (Jackie Guerra played Selena's sister in the movie)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen Selena a surprising number of times. Our Spanish teacher in HS would always play it if she didn't feel like teaching, which was usually before ANY long weekend.

      Delete
  7. Those dresses look great on you! I agree though..the blue one would be good for going out but not for work. Good choice :)

    That hummus sounds amazing. Need to get to Aldi this week! Which one do you go to now that you're moved? I can't decide which one I like best...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've yet to meet an Aldi hummus flavor I didn't like. :)

      Delete
  8. Omg the cat memes! Dying. I've been loving the Obama/Biden memes too. And I love the pattern of the second dress. Too bad it had to go back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I considered trying it on one size up to see if that would make it longer or less tight, but I was too lazy to go back to the rack & look again.

      Delete
  9. You found some really pretty dresses! :) They look beautiful on you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That black dress is super cute - actually, both are!

    I only tried eggnog for the first time last year and I falalalalove it... see what I did there? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I sure do, Ms. Pun Queen. I add egg nog to everything I can. Coffee? Hot chocolate? French toast batter? Yes. Yes. Yes.

      Delete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!