Friday, November 11, 2016

Friday Five #47

I've had kind of a heavy heart this week. Due to all the hatred I've seen swirling around as a result of our new President Elect. Dumping energy into hatred will not accomplish anything. Go forth, and be the best person you can be. Make a change. Vote. Join up with an organization that you're passionate about. And show others how to make an impact. That will contribute more to our country than any President ever will.

So, with that, I'm trying to keep things light over here today. After I finish writing this post I'll be looking at pictures of puppies & adding more coffee to my creamer  creamer to my coffee than I should. 'Cuz I am still on that pumpkin spice train. Pumpkin Spice at work, Salted Caramel Mocha at home. Coffee creamer game strong. #NoShame

On to some Friday Five. I hope you'll help me keep it light & positive today - and share something good that happened to you this week. Or something you're looking forward to this weekend.


one // It's an exciting time to be alive folks. Mr. Sass and I bought ourselves a new shower curtain and bath mat last weekend. It's from the kid's section at Target. #HaterzGonnaHate All we're missing now is a white tub (ours is 50's retro pink) & a few whimsical touches & we'll have ourselves a bathroom worthy of being feature by Target Online. ;)

two // Have you ever been to Blaze Pizza? I first had it in Louisville when I visited my brother & it's delicious. Think Chipotle for pizza! You head down the line, pick your sauce, toppings & cheese, and in 3 minutes your pizza is DONE. Yum. By chance I spotted a new one that opened in Pittsburgh and I am SO excited!


three // We're all aboard the pizza train today. I met up with a friend for dinner Wednesday night at The Porch in Oakland. Though the pizza was meh at best, the company was good. I don't know about y'all, but I do not do sparsely topped pizza. Like, I want to run the risk of losing a topping every time I move a piece from plate to mouth. Why are there no toppings within inches of the crust? Also, love cilantro. But stem still intact? That's just lazy.


four // I got an award at work this week...for the ONE part of my job I feel is not worthy of awarding. And it was the most anticlimactic award ever. I feel like I do some good work, worthy of praise, but not this.

five // And some funnies...


 I don't even live in FL, but this has been me trying to dress myself all week. 34 degrees in the morning, 66 & sunny by lunchtime. What do I wear.

What are you up to this weekend?
Tell me something good!

linking up with Heather, Amanda, AndreaTifDella & Katie

20 comments:

  1. Well first off - even if you don't think it was climatic at all - congrats on the award! That's great. AND that shower curtain is SO you guys. I've never heard of this Blaze Pizza place - but sounds amazing! Definitely going on my list. PS: lets hang out soon. kthx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, it's so good, under $10 for the whole meal and you can get ANYTHING you want!

      Delete
  2. That has so been me all week trying to figure out an outfit. Add in an office that freezes me out into the mix.
    How have I not had that pizza being in Louisville???? I'm adding that to my MUST DO list!
    Funny the shower curtain is from the kids department... says the woman who has a room in nothing but Disney Beauty & the Beast ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha all the "grown up" ones were boring. I tried to convince him we should get dinosaurs, but the man could NOT be persuaded.

      Delete
  3. I'm with you - regardless of how you feel about the election, we all just need to move on, do the best we can, and we good people. END OF STORY. I think more than anything, I'm afraid of a self-fulfilling prophecy right now -people look for horrible things and results and outcomes and they are going to see it.
    I hope you have a wonderful, relaxing, coffee filled weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EXACTLY on the self fulfilling prophecy bit. You can turn anything into a bad thing if you try hard enough!

      Delete
  4. I kept it light with my Friday post too! That toppingless pizza is a tragedy. I'm not as extreme with you on my toppings but they better at least reach the edge of the crust. That cat... looks like.. CleoCATra... LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yessss! I was hoping someone would make that pun!

      Delete
  5. I think the reactions may have depressed me more than the actual results...I really thought HC and The President's speech were very gracious and I took their words to heart.
    You know I am running my first marathon tomorrow and after seeing this I may need to eat some pizza tonight lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Behind on the comments here, but hope you rocked the marathon!

      Delete
  6. So I've heard of Blaze Pizza, and it looks just so amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is - I keep saying it's the Chipotle of Pizza!

      Delete
  7. I'm totally with you.. buying a new shower curtain totally transforms your bathroom and seriously makes me feel like I could remodel and take on the world. This weekend we're going to the Iowa vs Michigan football game and Paul and I will not be speaking since we are rivals for that game:) haha. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It made a HUGE difference, and now I am so excited to remodel it for real in a year or so! I've been pinning ideas like crazy.

      Delete
  8. Wait... you bought the little lake bath mat? SO cute, haha!

    An award is an award, girl! Own it! ;)

    This weekend is pretty low key for us! We're babysitting tonight and then I don't know what we're doing after church tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha OMG no, not the bathmat. We got one that has the same grey as the trees and a blue stripe or two, I didn't see the lake bathmat or it would have crossed my mind.

      Delete
  9. Haha. These are wonderful pick-me--ups. That cat is a royalty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I appreciate a light and fun post this week! :) I know all about the retro pink bathroom! :) That pizza looks delicious! I've never heard of The Blaze but what a great idea! Hope you are having a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never been to Blaze, but we have a V3 downtown that's the same idea and I love it! It's such a good value for your money...my kind of place :) The only thing that I don't like is their pizza is in rectangles instead of the traditional round pizza.

    Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm not sure where I fall on rectangle pizza, 'cause it means the corner pieces have double crust, but then some pieces have no crust which is a bummer. Blaze is round!

      Delete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!