Friday, November 4, 2016

Friday Five #46

Hiiiii! This week flew by in my world, but as always, I'm ready for the weekend and TWO whole days with Mr. Sass since he has Saturday and Sunday off this week, a rare treat in our world. You'll see us cutting a rug at wedding #6 this weekend (our final for 2016!!!) after I sneak in a run on Saturday morning. I'm hoping Sunday will involve lots of sleeping in - along with the dreaded "Fall Back".

I hope you'll share a little bit about your week in the comments, or anything exciting you're up to this weekend! But for now, it's time to jump out of this awkward intro and into some Friday Five.


one // I shared my November goals on Monday. One of them was to hop on board with 5K training, since I want to run a sub 25 by the end of the year. So - on Tuesday I registered for the 2 I know I'll run and on Wednesday I did my first real speed workout in a while. It was tough, but I nailed it and I'm excited about what a few weeks of hard work could do!

two // I made Brittany's Pumpkin Spice Blondie Recipe last Sunday. The recipe was simple and didn't require an extra trip to the store. I subbed out all the spices for Pumpkin Pie Spice & added a generous 1/4 cup of pumpkin puree to the batter, but they were a HIT. So, I made them again on Wednesday night for a Fall tailgate at work & doubled the recipe. Delicious. Highly recommend.


three // Ciara & I headed to Ohiopyle last weekend to hike. I got us lost-ish when we went straight instead of right & doubled our intended hiking mileage. Oops. But, we did see some great views. And seriously earned the Reuben, tater tots & pumpkin ice cream I face planted into at the end of our hike.



four // I wake up Wednesday morning, go to grab my lunch from the fridge and find this "love note" - after I replaced the empty hand soap in the bathroom with hand soap from the storage closet, which happened to be Bath & Body Works Peppermint scented...so, I lovingly wrote back "Welcome to the rest of your life" & chuckled as I headed out the door. :)



five // And, drum roll please, some funnies...



A few days past Halloween, but still, all the decorations seem to be out...

And...this one goes out to all the people in my office who instant message me, to ask for my extension so they can call to see if I got their email. Why yes, yes I did.

linking up with Heather, Amanda, AndreaTifDella & Katie

23 comments:

  1. Mr Sass's note LOL. I love it. Enjoy your fun wedding weekend!! Wedding #6, that's crazy! But nice that you have so many friends that want you to witness their day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good way to think about it. I need to remind myself of that going forward, 6 this year, plus 4 next year just seems like SO MANY.

      Delete
  2. Good for you for getting back into the 5K training! I'm sure you will hit the sub 25. I really need to find another race that'll motivate me to run and train again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got it! I try to always remind myself how good I feel AFTER a run. 'Cause I don't always love the during part.

      Delete
  3. that hike looks freakin GORGEOUS. i'm 100% ready to start making and putting out christmas decorations too and love the note, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every year I want to go hard with Christmas decorations, and every year I let time slip by with nothing happening. I want to focus on a few SIMPLE touches this year that won't take hours to put up and take down.

      Delete
  4. Hey now, what's so wrong with Christmas-scented hand soap. LOL. Oh my gosh, I love the giraffe meme. What's real? What isn't? How will we ever know? Haha. I feel that way some days... ~Jessica Marie @ flashfittrainer.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I LOVE me some holiday handsoap, I just don't think men get it. I mean, what's a girl to do.

      Delete
  5. omg that last ecard! when people say to me 'did you get my email?' i say no. even though i did. because it annoys me that they are calling me to check about the email. let me respond in my own damn time i don't WANT to talk to you.
    hahaha welcome to the rest of your life. KC complains about stuff like that all the time, and candles too. and then he's like 'wow, the house smells so nice!' or 'i really like that soap' YEAH YOU DO, I WIN.
    love the little love notes, so adorable.
    i am going to *try* and run tomorrow as i won't have time on sunday. got another half next weekend so it is in my bets interest to run..... lets see if i do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I am comforted by knowing that Mr. Sass owned a candle before I ever did. He has a few that smell like pine trees. Which is actually an awesome scent. So fresh!

      Delete
  6. I have fallen down the rabbit hole called youtube of dogs with eyebrows drawn on and it's HILARIOUS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I never even looked on YouTube. There goes my weekend!

      Delete
  7. The views in Ohiopyle are just amazing!!

    ja ja ! Mr. Sass's note!! too funny!

    best of luck with your speed training!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Speed training is SO hard, but I get such a rush when I know I'm finishing up my last "rep"!

      Delete
  8. I love fall hikes, especially if they come with all that delicious food at the end! Craving some pumpkin ice cream right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were so hungry by the end, so I was grateful knowing there were food options right at the end of the hike!

      Delete
  9. That Netflix funny is so true. Documentaries make you question EVERYTHING in life!
    That note he left you - so funny. Men - dont get get it :) I love your response too!!!
    Have a great weekend enjoying your FIANCE!!!
    I have a wedding tomorrow too - I think my last wedding i photographed, you went to a wedding that same time too. Its like we're wedding connected sisters or something :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, Those pumpkin spice blondies look good. Baking some version of pumpkin treat is on my to-do list this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you made a winner! I always like to try new recipes, but I run the risk one doesn't turn out how I like.

      Delete
  11. Hooray for a weekend together!

    My clients call ALL THE FREAKING TIME to ask me if I got their email. Or if I don't answer, leave me a voicemail and then either send me an email to say they left a voicemail or leave a second voicemail ten minutes later asking if I got the first voicemail. PATIENCE PEOPLE! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESSSSS. I have a woman at work who will literally call me and call again 30 seconds later if I don't answer, and then follow that up by calling my boss. Like, sorry I went to the bathroom.

      Delete
  12. Haha I got a Christmas scented candle out this week. I know it's a little early, but I'm over pumpkin scents already! However, I'm not over pumpkin baked goods, so I think I might need to try that blondie recipe this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never too early, we have a few pine scented candles that are Christmasy but we burn year round because they smell so fresh!

      Delete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!