Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Best of The Acquired Sass - 1 year Blogiversary

Hey you guyyyyys! I've been blogging for a whole year (and a few days). Which is absolutely bananas. I was never sure if I would like this blogging bit, continually have things to talk about, and actually put forth work to type them down. But I did, and you guys liked it, and you commented to tell me you liked it. And now I have even more people in my life I met on the Internet. Mr. Sass being the most famous of my Internet people.

I am continually amazed & astounded that random people from the Internet want to read things I typed, and that they also are inspired to make comments about the things I write. Mr. Sass is equally or perhaps even more amazed than I. Thank you.

Instead of giving you a big long list of things I learned in my first year of blogging -'cause it's a lot. I'm going to shamelessly self promote. And link drop to the Best of the Sass - my most popular post from each month I've been over here blogging. Perhaps you'll notice I've refined my style aka stopped centering all my text. Because while I still love how centered text looks, the Internet tells me it's a big blogging no-no.

November 2015 : Here I go, again
My self proclaimed return to blogging, that for whatever reason STILL gets weekly page views.

December 2015 : WIAW : Stuck on Repeat
When I literally ate the same salad over and over and over again for weeks and apparently people still cared. It was a good salad.

January 2016 : WIAW #5 : Why I'm pretty sure Whole 30 is NOT for me
Actually, I'm super sure about this. And have been busy finding balance since this. But, if you're going to join the post-holiday Whole30 club, check out this post. It may not be worth it.

February 2016 : Why I only run 3 days per week : 6 reasons why you should too
My most viewed post. Ever. And something I stand by still to this day.

March 2016 : 5 Reasons to travel with Groupon
March was a popular month around these parts. There were lots of good posts going live, and the top 5 are all within a few page views of one another. A few others that made the top 5 include, 6 tips for traveling with your significant other, New Zealand Trip Recap : Part 3, Back to Basics : How to get back in the workout groove & 25 Things I've Learned about Life.

April 2016 : Adulting 101 : How to Adult when you don't feel qualified
This is one of my favorite posts. I followed it up with a few others on adulting, Adulting 101 : Fake it 'til you make it and then 10 MORE ways to fake it 'til you make it. It was fun and cathartic to write. And I loved how relate-able it was. Apparently I'm not the only one around here who can't adult.

May 2016 : Would you Rather?
The moment where your most popular blog post for a whole month has nothing to do with a big half marathon you ran, or the trip recaps on Venice, or Slovenia you posted. But instead, the random blog survey you took when you didn't know what the hell to write about. Smooth move Internet.

June 2016 : 6 Simple Rules for Successful Online Dating
Considering Mr. Sass & I met via the Internet, I'd say I was fairly successful.

July 2016 : A Letter from the Other Side
This was a sad and serious post to have to write. But I was pleased to see it received with respect - and hope I managed to provoke some thought.

August 2016 : I'm moving, again
Also, as a follow up. We use my dishes. Score. I kept my granny panties. Not sure if this should be a score or not. And, as I packed up my old apartment, I found about an 8 years supply of tampons. So, it'll be a while before they go on the grocery list.

You guys also went crazy for my Budgeting 101 : My REAL budget with real numbers post. Which still just blows my mind - but shows how important it is that we talk about money. It doesn't need to be taboo!

September 2016 : It's been two years, my love
Mr. Sass and I hit two years of dating. So I wrote a sappy post to celebrate.

October 2016 : Friday Five #43
Mr. Sass & I announced that we got engaged and apparently you all liked that. :) I followed that up by posting our Engagement Story - and you seemed to like that too.

Here we are, and it has been a whole year. I'm excited to keep going, I've got ideas rolling around in my brain and am excited to type them out. I love reading the comments you leave, and visiting your blogs too if they're not already on my regular list. And, I'm gonna break all the rules of writing and use the word "excited" again in this paragraph. But I'm excited for more. More posts, more friends, more learning. It's fun to be excited about learning things (okay now I'm just doing it to be annoying).

Thank you all for reading, commenting, giving advice & caring. And cheers to another year of Sass!

If you're a blogger, how long have you been blogging?
If you're not a blogger, have you ever considered starting one?
What's stopping you?

Linking up with Amanda, Gretchen & Kristen

33 comments:

  1. happy blogaversary!

    i've been blogging for *years*...as in before it was even called blogging. as in before blogger or typepad or WP even existed..that's how old I am LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I love that. Love that you've still got plenty to talk about, and glad we got to "meet".

      Delete
  2. Happy Blogiversary! How exciting! I only found you recently and I wouldn't have guessed that you haven't been around for longer! I used to "blog" on Live Journal back in the olden days, if you would even call it that. But I have been "real" blogging for almost 7 (SEVEN OMG!) years! I wasn't serious about it at first, but now I'm ramping up like a mofo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica, what a huge compliment. Thank you! Haha, I guess in general I've been blogging a little longer than a year. I had a summer long blog during my cross country bike trip in 2012 & I did used to spew my middle school angst onto Live Journal back in the day. Which what the heck was I thinking!? I've re-read some of that. And WOW. Just wow. Hahahaha.

      And SEVEN YEARS!? That's incredible! Keep it up.

      Delete
  3. Congrats!!!! It feels like longer but glad to be with you this year & watching you grow in your blogging.
    I feel like an antique doing it for 10 years. I'm the "good ole days" kinda blogger ;) haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did write out my middle school and high school angst on Live Journal back in the day, so I guess I've been writing things on the Internet for longer than just this year, but not that I'm willing to admit to writing any of those things from back then. Hahah.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on your blogiversary! I always forget to mark mine but January will be three years down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And almost happy blogiversary to you, 3 years is great!

      Delete
  5. Happy Blogiversary! Like Jessica said, I found you pretty recently and thought you'd been around longer. I've been doing mine for just over a year too - Started in August 2015. I wish I had started sooner, I didn't know I would like it so much as I do.
    I'm going back to read some of these that I missed now! I only run 3 days a week too! Every time I've tried to add a 4th day in the past = Injured.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly. Same, I thought I would enjoy writing or I wouldn't have started, but I've surprised even myself by how much I've enjoyed the whole process. Even though it's a lot more work than I ever imagined.

      Yes. Ditto with the running. That and I find myself not enjoying it as much.

      Delete
  6. Happy Blogiversary!! I need to go back and catch some of your posts :)
    I like your energy in your posts.
    I have been blogging since March 31st 2013, but i hardly ever posted - just a few race recaps, mostly in case some old lady like me found it. I waited till 46 to start running and I hoped she might feel inspired to try running. LOL Hopefully younger :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! I really appreciate that. And I'm so pleased to know that my energy shines through. :)

      Runners like you inspire me that running can be something I do my whole life, not just now. But in 20, 30, 40 years. And still be passing youngins on the course!

      Delete
  7. Happy 1 year :) I'm glad you started blogging so that I could meet you! Thanks for linking up your favorite posts..I'll have to check a few out that I missed !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooraaaayyy! Happy bloggiversary, girl!

    I am SO glad you started blogging so that I could find you and "meet" you! ;)

    I've been blogging since June of 2012.... I think! Sheesh that's a long time :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto! Creating recipes since 2012? I would have run out of ideas LONG ago. I am super impressed you've always got new ideas and recipes rolling around. That's a lot of recipe testing too. ;)

      Delete
  9. YAY!!!! Happy Blogiversary Jessie. I hope to meet you someday. :) And I think I've been blogging for about 2.5 years. I still feel like I don't know so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily! That would be so fun to meet! A BGB meet up, perhaps!

      It's very humbling, because every time I think I am getting a handle on things, I learn something new, or see others one level ahead & realize there is still SO MUCH MORE to learn.

      Delete
  10. Woooo happy 1 year! I love how you went through month by month and linked them to this post, such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Haha, shameless self promotion at it's finest, and yet somehow people really are seeming to like it.

      Delete
  11. Happy blogiversary! I'm happy to have met you through blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! And still hoping you'll make it out to a Pro Bike + Run long run before too long! :)

      Delete
  12. tell the internet to shut up. i know 'big' bloggers who use centered text. do whatever the heck you want. and yay for using your dishes haha. i have been blogging since..... 2013? maybe? don't remember lol. i started because i was supposed to go home after a year in the US and then i stayed and it was weird and i needed to have something of my own that wasn't through someone else, if that made sense. and here i am a few years later and it's still a pretty awesome hobby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can definitely understand that feeling. One thing I didn't realize I would enjoy about blogging is the learning aspect. Running is a hobby of mine, but knowledge doesn't necessarily translate to improvement. Blogging on the other hand, I can look back and see the skills I've put into place.

      Delete
  13. Congrats on one year!! I am so happy I found your blog - you are a breath of fresh air and I feel like your blog is original and authentic. I love the variety of topics you talk about and you do a great job of making them in a way that so many can relate. Cheers, lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, what nice things to say. I so appreciate it!

      Delete
  14. Happy blogiversary! I just found you through the link-up but it looks like this was the perfect post to start with since you have such a great round-up of past posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy, and welcome! I hope you'll be back around. Definitely a good place to start if you're new here.

      Delete
  15. Congrats, dear! Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay, congrats! I've been blogging on and off for what feels like forever but this is the longest I've consistently blogged in one place. My year blogiversary is coming up in... just a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, happy almost blogiversary to you too! Seems like a lot of bloggers were off and on before it "stuck".

      Delete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!