Wednesday, October 26, 2016

October 2016 Link Love

If you're anything like me, you love discovering new blogs & interesting articles, interesting perspectives, something different. And I don't know about you, but I feel like sometimes I see the same 50 pins on my Pinterest homepage - and all I want is something different. I also love giving love to other bloggers out there, because this shit is hard & no reason we can't pass out a little extra love.

All this to say, I'm excited to start monthly Link Love posts - where I highlight some of my favorites from the month. News articles, blog posts, recipes, crafts, whatever. I'm excited to share & I hope you'll find some new things you haven't seen before. Or, if you've got a post you think might fit the bill - send it my way {theacquiredsass at gmail dot com}



It's officially soup season around here, so I loved this fun take on Chicken Boo-dle Soup - the perfect meal to eat before trick or treat. Or just if you're a grown up & like to be festive. Whatever.

But, just 'cause it's fall doesn't mean I can't keep eating coleslaw. I can't get enough of the stuff, and whether it's creamy, or vinegary I love it just the same. So this Fall Coleslaw with toasted walnuts sounds perfect.

Since my love for fall is strong I loved this decorative fall letter tutorial, I bet Hobby Lobby would have everything you need!

If I'm already decorating & making soup, might as well make a cocktail to join in the fun, like this Caramel Apple Spice Moscow Mule.

As we get closer to the holidays remember to love the life you have. And that the holidays can be whenever you decide them to be. A reminder and a blessing for all of those whose lives revolve around crazy and every changing work schedules. But, as much joy as the holidays bring, there can be stress too, thankfully, these 11 things you can do to improve your marriage are easy, little things you can start TODAY. And you don't have to be married for these to be a good idea. These apply to anyone in any relationship.

Finally, since I'm trying to up my Instagram game, I loved these 15 photo ideas for Instagram, Helene even includes a few good hashtags for each. P.S. Are you following me on Instagram? If not, you can follow me here.

Linking up with Amanda to share the love.

21 comments:

  1. I love the 15 photo ideas for IG post! You're such a foodie, I immediately thought of you when I saw that idea! I really want to step my picture game up. I hope Ohiopyle has some great photo ops this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I was better at food photography, but I definitely think I may need to hop on that real camera train before I get much better.

      Delete
  2. Oh, the fall letters are so cute. I can tell you for sure that all the supplies for this glass block decoration can be found at Hobby Lobby: http://flashfittrainer.com/fall-glass-block-decoration/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your glass block tutorial was super cute & I loved how easy it seems to change for other holidays!

      Delete
  3. in LOVE with those fall wood letters! Love the relationship tips, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I didn't find it when Fall was basically over, but I may try to craft a winter version!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the links! I love Moscow Mules and that apple variation sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Some day I want to treat myself to some of the fancy copper mugs you're really supposed to serve them in.

      Delete
  5. I always turn to Chelsea's blog when I need a shot of positivity and I loved that post she wrote too. It's really important to remember that holidays and birthdays and all of the important days can be whenever we need them to be. Love the Instagram ideas, even though they are all somewhat basic and overdone. I don't use IG enough but when I do, it's USUALLY food, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her blog was such a breath of fresh air when I found it! I love her monthly to-do lists, which I'm sure you've seen by now.

      Delete
  6. Fall coleslaw sounds really good! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT!? It's one of my favorite summer foods, so I love that I can eat it whenever.

      Delete
  7. Heading to check out the Instagram post - I am always loving posts on how to do it better. I just love seeing everyone's pics on there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I love having variety in my feed, I can never take pretty food pics but they're some of my favorite accounts to follow!

      Delete
  8. heck yes to soup season! i've been pinning soups like crazy and my crockpot has been working over time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, MR. Sass said he was afraid of the electric bill since I've had the crockpot on pretty much non-stop. Oh well, man is fed, isn't he!?

      Delete
  9. love chelsea's blog. checking out the marriage link, i love to read things like that even if i think every marriage/relationship is different.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love link love posts and am excited that you're going to share your own! :) Thanks for that.... I loved the IG ideas and a good cole slaw recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chicken Boo-dle Soup?!?! Why didn't I think of that?! That's so stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this. Im always on the look out for new blogs and things to read. Looking forward to checking all the links out soon. Ps already follow you on instagram- I sometimes forget your insta and blog names are different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...I've considered changing, but still use my Insta for a lot of personal stuff, so I don't feel quite as compelled to make it match.

      P.S. Who are you???!

      Delete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!