Monday, October 31, 2016

November 2016 Goals + October goal recap

October was such a crazy, busy, wonderful month. The go-go-go madness from September didn't slow down any. In fact, October may have been even busier. Thankfully, I have some free time in November, so I've scheduled myself a nap for November 19th. A little pathetic, right? October held our engagement (!!!), wedding #5, the world's steepest 5K, a quintessential fall day + a quick trip to Roanoke for a hike on the Appalachian Trail. Phew. Plus all the little things that don't always make the blog.

I guess where I'm going with all this is my October goals ended up being kind of a joke, I write them down & do more frequent check-ins with myself to make sure I'm on track, but, that's been pretty much a NOPE all around. I hate to admit it, I probably could have tried harder at a few of these, but just didn't. In my world, that means it's time to regroup, set myself up for some easy wins & not make crazy goals since the holidays are coming.

Even if I didn't crush my goals, I'm here to be honest, so this is me, checking in with how well I didn't do in October. If you missed my original October goals post, you can find it here.


Celebrate 2 years | Nailed it
I'd say this one was the one we managed to really rock. Like literally. Our 2 year celebration ended up with me and a ring on my finger. And a great long weekend worth of hiking & exploring.


Jump into 5K training | FAIL
I didn't start, I haven't registered for my 2 x 5K (though I still intend to) & I don't think I ran 3 x per week a single time in October.

Decorate the MacMod estate |  Pass
We hung up one picture, though it's huge & is my absolute favorite. A print of the US made up of license plates. And a coffee sign in the kitchen. We're still sorting through frames and prints for the rest, but, I'm actually going to consider this a win because we're making progress. I had grand illusions that we'd hang everything on the walls in one afternoon & then our house would look like it leapt off the pages of HGTV magazine. Which is silly, because 1. Hanging pictures is tough shit & 2. None of our artwork looks like it belongs anywhere near HGTV.

80,000 steps per week | Fail
I didn't even hit 70,000 steps most weeks, I hit 80,000 the first week of October & it has been downhill since.

Track all meals in MFP | 30%-ish
I tend to not bother attempting to track when I'm eating meals out or drinking more alcohol than normal. It's just a pain to do, and if I'm going to eat the damn food anyways, I tend to have a "why bother" mentality. I've been back on track since getting back from Roanoke. I like it as a tool to help me plan healthy meals for Mr. Sass & I.

____________________________________________________________________________

What am I going to work on in November?

Jump into 5K training | Like for real this time. Time to put up or shut up. I'm running out of time.

Unpack // Trash 2 more boxes | I live here now. It's fairly permanent. We don't have any plans to pick up and move in the next few years, so it's safe to unpack. Clearly I don't need anything that's in those boxes or I would have unpacked them already. But I can handle 1/2 box per week. Unpack it or pitch it.

Send out Save The Date's | I would like if people actually showed up to our wedding.

Maintain Weight | This one is 2 3 4 fold for me, this means staying active, getting plenty of sleep, drinking lots of water to stay hydrated & using MFP aka eating well, since the more I use MFP the better I seem to eat. I've worked hard to lose the 5 - 7 LBs of marathon weight I put on in 2015, so I'm not trying to undo all that.

That's it - simple, to the point, get that 'ish done goals.

What are some of your November goals?

Linking up with Holly & Tricia  + AngeGretchen & Kristen

32 comments:

  1. Great goals for November! Good idea to scale back a bit with the holidays approaching.

    I'd say you definitely crushed the celebrate two years goal. ;)

    I don't have any official goals for November, but my plan is to continue tracking on MFP and lose a couple of pounds (or at the very least, maintain through the holidays).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The holidays seem to really set the tone of winter for me as far as staying on track. Already testing my will power with all this Halloween candy around!

      Delete
  2. It makes sense that some of your goals had to be delayed with how busy your October was! I have a hard time with tracking when I'm eating out a lot or drinking alcohol too. I've definitely been drinking less once I identified that as an issue. And since I'm into higher mileage runs for my half marathon training, drinking less is naturally part of that anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I'm just drinking more and running less which is the exact opposite of what I should be doing. So time to turn that upside down.

      Delete
  3. Good luck! Here's hoping November gives us all a little more breathing room.

    It's nice to let yourself "fail" at goals sometimes. I ditched a ton of goals and plans in October and just lived my life, and I ended up being happier than I've been in months. Goals are overrated :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely had such a great month in October, I didn't mind "failing" one bit!

      Delete
  4. OHHH - you'll have to post what you're using for Save the Date cards. A picture of you all? A fun picture? So many neat ideas out for Save the Date things now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds pretty similar to my September wherein I didn't even bother with goals because of how busy I knew I'd be.

    Congratulations on your engagement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ange! Figure taking a step back this month is a good idea since I know the holidays will make it busy!

      Delete
  6. Tracking food is such a pain!! eating it is not!

    good goals, best of luck to you!

    One of my NOvember goals is to read/ listen to 10 books, or I will completely miss my reading goal for the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, I accidently hit my reading goal way back & don't know if I've read a book since August. Which, shame on me. I know I'll get back into it soon. Let me know if you read anything that's a must read.

      Delete
  7. Yay for a not so busy November. This is the month to crush our goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Already took the plunged & officially signed up for those two 5Ks. BOOM.

      Delete
  8. i totally understand about making easy goals when you've had a blah month or two, especially around the holidays. not that october was a blah month, but i mean goal wise. and who cares if it was. life is for living and all that jazz.
    november, i need to get my eating under control. so, after midnight tonight, lol, no candy, chips, fast food, nothing. i know i can do it, just gotta get a few days under my belt. except my belt don't fit right now. HA. jk i don't own a belt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After MIDNIGHT!? I find I can't eat after midnight if I am asleep by 1030 at the latest. Haha. But seriously. I really just cannot stay up that late, but I'm sure if I did I would want a snack.

      Delete
    2. haha you're so funny. i was asleep by 10pm so i was good ;) and so far, on day 3, no candy! i am proud!

      Delete
  9. Hey having goals and a plan to get there is the part most of us fail at! I think it's great you visit your goals on a monthly basis that way you can't get to far off the track !
    November is going to be pretty busy for me between one half marathon, a visit with friends weekend and our Thanksgiving trip to Florida to visit family and it ends at Disney! We jam pack a week worth of activity in 3 days! No lie! I'll be exhausted when I get back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always joke that I come back from vacation more tired than when I left, but that really does seem to always be the case.

      Delete
  10. Wow! You did have a pretty busy month of October. Nothing tops getting engaged So exciting! Now is a great time to train for turkey trot coming up! Since you mentioned you'd like to do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I registered for 2 x 5K already, but you got my brain rolling about finding a Turkey Trot too!

      Delete
  11. Celebrate two years you most certainly DID ;)

    My November goal is to get December and January's social media posts for clients sorted so I can have plenty of time off at Christmas ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good call - you jumpstarted me to start working on my future content a little more so I can do the same while still having new things to post.

      Delete
  12. I started using my fitness pal to track food too! It's really useful and I love how you can see all the macros and everything, but it's such a pain to add things since I cook pretty much everything I eat from scratch. Adding 10 ingredients to each meal is kind of annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the idea of giving yourself easy win goals if you don't feel too accomplished one month. I have some mantras that I'm following but I'm mostly just excited to milk the most possible out the holidays beginning this month - meaning contributing to Thanksgiving dinner, getting some Christmas present DIY's and shopping done, and decorations up! I'm also deciding whether or not to do a turkey trot on Thanksgiving morning which would mean I'd need to start training for that soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UGH - the thought of Christmas shopping, or really any shopping in general makes me want to take a nap. I should look at DIY instead. The crowds make me want to bang my head against the wall.

      Delete
  14. Okay, you've inspired me to start using MFP. I never canceled my WW account even though I don't use it. I'm ready to try something else so just need to do it. I can't wait to lose this marathon training weight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DO IT! Not for everyone I'm sure, but I have the app, so it's always right with me when I have my phone. I track out my intended meals in advance & enjoy making sure that from a protein, fat, carb perspective I'm getting what I need, you can also look at micro-nutrient breakdowns to see more detailed views.

      Delete
  15. Congrats on the engagement! Wow! That totally beats any and all other goals. I hear you on the marathon weight gain, I'm still struggling with 10 lbs, maybe next time I'll be more aware of it happening. Or not. Probably not.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So, have you set a date? That print made up of license plates sounds pretty cool! I'm not very good at setting specific goals. I decide to do things last minute, which doesn't work well with that. My general goal for November is to hopefully enjoy some cooler runs and maybe some fall color too. And, I might throw in a half marathon or two. Who knows! Thanks for linking, Jessie!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sooo exciting! Congrats on getting engaged! Can't wait to see the save the dates y'all chose! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's still great for a busy month!! And congratulations!! That's so exciting! :) :) :) Good luck with all of your November goals! :) Xo - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!