Friday, October 28, 2016

Friday Five #45

Happy Friday, friends. :) After being away last weekend I just kind of derped my way through this week. Nothing went wrong, but nothing really got done either. Unless you count finishing up the first season of Stranger Things & painting my nails. Thankfully I count both of those as productive things.

What are you up to this weekend? I'm back on the Basic Train - I'll be messing around in the kitchen, cooking up something pumpkin-y & heading out for a hike, hoping to catch some fall foliage. I'm also busy debating whether or not I want to...
A. Pass out candy for Halloween
B. Close the blinds & sit in the dark drinking wine & watching Netflix
C. Make plans with a friend so I'm not even at the house.

Arguments for all positions will be accepted, as will alternate suggestions. Side note : the doorbell is broken, making option B all too easy.

Anyways, on to some Friday Five, including funnies, since I omitted them last week & there was practically an uproar. Or, you know, a few sad comments, same thing.


one // After hating on everyone asking me if we had a wedding date set yet, we finally may have found a winner. Just have to write a deposit check & sign the forms, but other than that it's all ours. And keeping it under wraps until we've told all our people. :) Taking suggestions from any Pittsburghers on photographers, DJs, florists & other ridiculous vendors I've surely forgotten.

two // Not sure that I've ever mentioned it here, as it was slightly pre-blog, but I spent last fall coaching a local masters rowing program here in Pittsburgh. I also rowed my way through HS & college, before coaching a local HS team. So, when a friend and former rower of mine texted to ask if I could fill in Thursday morning, I couldn't say no. They were prepping for a race this weekend, and wanted to get in one more practice, but were short one warm body. Jessie to the rescue. My hands are a blistered mess, which I expected, but it hurts worse than I remembered, and washing my hair is going to be the death of me until these heal up. And this picture really doesn't do some of these justice. It BURRRRRRNS.


three // Mr. Sass is a hunter, but the house rule is, you "catch it", you eat it. Which, is why on Tuesday night we had squirrel stroganoff for dinner. It was about as good as it sounds. Let's just say, I made sure he ate the rest of the leftovers the next day for lunch. And I hope he never catches a squirrel ever again.


four // How cute is my Momma from our visit to Black Dog Salvage last weekend? She was so exited! We got to peek around the shop, she saw a few cast members from the show Salvage Dogs & then we grabbed some coffee. Perfect Mother // Daughter date!




five // And, on to the funnies...







What are you up to this weekend?
Are you passing out Halloween candy?
What's your favorite Halloween candy?

linking up with Heather, Amanda, AndreaTifDella & Katie

17 comments:

  1. Your poor hands, that looks so painful! I love the dog/lemon photos, that's hilarious :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, they don't hurt to just exist. Only when I touch things, or get them wet, or wash them, or use my mouse & keyboard at work. -__-

      Delete
  2. OMG that dog and the lemon!! the best pic is the bottom center HAHAHAHAHAHA. that totally made my Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Makes me want to try the same thing with the pup, but I feel too guilty knowing how much he would hate it.

      Delete
  3. Your mom is too cute! I bet the "you catch it it, you eat it" mantra has things tasting so much better! I'm actually looking forward to handing out candy this Halloween! :) I don't dress up or get into it though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely don't have the energy to dress up AND pass out candy. But Mr. Sass did suggest bringing the firepit down to the driveway and splitting a bottle of wine while we pass out candy, I think I could handle that.

      Delete
  4. I bought Halloween candy, but am really leaning towards keeping it all for myself, hehe. Let's see if it even makes it to Monday. And aw your hands, blisters are the worst! Hope you heal up soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that sounds like what would probably happen if I got candy. I see now why adults passed out stuff that wasn't any good, it was the only way they could bring it in the house and not eat it all!

      Delete
  5. Uh, you have no choice but to close the blinds, sit in the dark, drink wine and watch netflix. Your hands are way too injured to be passing out all that candy!! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna-Marie, I like your logic, lady. You're so right. I'll have to get a straw and have Mr. Sass hold the glass for me. ;) I'm too injured!

      Delete
  6. Go girl with those blisters! OUCH! I've always had mad respect for row teams, that is hard work! I say drink wine and watch Netflix for Halloween! I'll be taking my kids trick or treating (with a Solo Cup in hand...) Those funnies are the best! The first one...yes!!! Have a fantastic weekend. Oh and I have had squirrel (we'll call that college) and girl, bye. Never again. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We said forget candy, we should pass out beer cans to all the grownups. If I had kids you better believe I would have a "coffee mug" in hand filled with "Mommy's special juice". Haha.

      Delete
  7. Ow ow ow ow owwwwww! Your poor hands! I'm a wimp when I have a tiny burn on my hands from cooking but if I had those I'd be skipping washing my hair and all the hand involving things haha!

    We are passing out halloween candy but that's as far as my halloween plans go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Owww. Burns are the worst. I would definitely rather have blisters like this than burns. These are okay as long as I keep something like Neosporin or Bag Balm on them. So I lather them all up before I wash my hair. Or try to muddle through with the backs of my hands. My hair won't win any awards for cleanliness right now. :/

      Delete
  8. Oh no, squirrel?! Yikes! You are a braver eater than me. Haha!

    Hope you're enjoying your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I guess, I took a few bites, picked out the mushrooms, ate those & passed the rest off to him. I tried it, but definitely don't need to repeat!

      Delete
  9. WHAT?! squirrel stroganoff?!!? the poor squirrel lol.
    we are living with my MIL right now.. so i feel kind of bad for the kids in my neighbourhood. i kinda want to go 'home' to hand out candy so they don't miss out.. and i kinda also don't want to, so you know. whatever.

    ReplyDelete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!