Friday, October 21, 2016

Friday Five #44

I've got exciting things happening this weekend - I'm jetting out after work to visit my Momma & brother. They had planned a weekend trip & I'm crashing the party. I'll drive to VA after work & meet them at the hotel in a little town outside of Roanoke. So, if you've got any must see's or eats in Roanoke - pass 'em along!

In case you missed it, I posted Our Engagement Story + When are you getting married & other dumb questions about my wedding - a  satirical take on all the crazy questions I've been getting. But...while I'm busy counting down the hours 'til 5PM it's time for some Friday Five. I hope you'll share your favorite bits from the week in the comments, or tell me what's up for this weekend!

one // I went full on basic last weekend when Ciara , Katie & I headed to Soergel Orchards just north of Pittsburgh. There was apple picking, cider drinking, donut eating, wine tasting & even hard cider tasting. It was crazy crowded, but we didn't mind.



two // Fall feelings continued into the week. I picked up pumpkin gnocchi + pumpkin chipotle pasta sauce during my weekend shopping trip. So it was "Pasta Tuesday" around here this week. While I think calling the package of gnocchi 3.5 servings is generous, it was very tasty!


three // I've never been a beer fan, but I want to be. I want to be able to love on some craft brews. And also not be the odd man out, drinking a water when we head to new breweries. So, I take a sip of every beer I'm offered, but still think they're pretty blah. I did try this one though & didn't hate it. Progress.


four // Since this is apparently turning into the Fall edition of Friday Five, I may as well share one of my favorite pictures from our Poconos trip. This was taken near Tobyhanna Lake in Tobyhanna State Park.


five // And some funnies to round out the week... No funnies because while I was searching around the Interwebs I started watching Stranger Things on Netflix and now I'm two episodes deep, which happens to be about two episodes past my bedtime. So now I'm just home alone and creeped out until Mr. Sass (thanks for all the comments last week, I think the BF just became Mr. Sass) gets home. Sorry folks. We'll be back to regular programming next Friday.

What are you up to this weekend?
Who has watched Stranger Things - no spoilers, please!

linking up with Heather, Amanda, AndreaTifDella & Katie


22 comments:

  1. That pumpkin gnocchi and pasta sauce look amazing! I will have to find it for myself! Have a fun weekend with your family! http://mymonochromaticlife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great & the perfect fall combo. :) Hope you're able to find something similar!

      Delete
  2. gah we missed the apple picking last weekend; i thought we had 1 more week but nope! :( that pumpkin gnocchi sounds delish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's done already where you are!? Bummer. IDK about by you all, but there are some orchards that while you can't pick from trees have big bins of loose apples so you can still "pick your own".

      Delete
  3. ohhhh... so excited you are watching Stranger Things!!!!
    I'm so not a beer person. I cant even stand the smell. UGH.
    I had no idea there was such a pumpkin craze even in pasta land.
    Have a great trip!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IDK what to do, because I got sucked in, but it creeps me out, and then I can't sleep until Mr. Sass gets home! Maybe I need to save something lighthearted for afterwards to brighten the mood.

      Pumpkin craze is everywhere!

      Delete
  4. So true about the serving amounts on those packages of pasta! There's no way that's 3.5 servings. And that pumpkin shandy sounds pretty good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It said a serving was one cup, which was like 15 little gnocchi once it was cooked, definitely not enough for me.

      Delete
  5. Man!! I was looking forward to the funnies!! Well, there is always next week!!

    That picture of the Poconos is perfection!! Have fun with your family this weekend!!

    I am going to a Harry Potter festival this weekend, so the fun has not started in this house yet!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, sorry to disappoint. I'll make sure to have my 'ish together this week. :)

      Delete
  6. I have been seeing so many pumpkin pasta recipes the last few weeks and really want to try one. Pumpkin gnocchi sounds delicious. Loving all your fall activities!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely was, don't think it was super pumpkin-y on it's own though. I think the sauce was what really brought out the pumpkin flavor.

      Delete
  7. I LOVE Mr. Sass. that's a good one! Also, I refuse to watch anything even partially scary (except Buffy the Vampire Slayer which I've seen too many times) past 8 PM since Alex works nights. NOPE. No.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know it was going to freak me out so much. Now I'm stuck in a weird limbo where I want to watch, but I also want to be able to sleep!

      Delete
  8. This is the quintessential fall post, haha! ;)

    Mr Sass is perfect and Stranger Things is SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, need to keep watching, but need to find a way to not be so freaked out before bed. Like finishing up my night with funny YouTube videos or something.

      Delete
  9. THAT fall view is so so beautiful. I love it; and that pumpkin sauce sounds good! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily! I was so glad I was able to capture the leaves changing like that!

      Delete
  10. I love all things pumpkin, and that gnocchi looks terrific! I love pumpkin beer, too, actually. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take a sip of every beer I try, but this was the first pumpkin one that I actually finished a whole beer. So I was glad I tried it.

      Delete
  11. the Orchards sound super fun, especially with the donut eating.
    i am weird with beer. i go through phases but generally yeah i'm drinking wine or water at a brewery lol.
    Mr Sass is the best name ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've grown to really love beer flights. Mr. Sass & I can split one with like 6 or 8 baby beers. I get to try a sip of each, and I rarely like one so then he gets the rest!

      Delete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!