Friday, October 14, 2016

Friday Five #43

Happy Friday! Even though I worked a short week this week the days dragged on & 5 o'clock can't come soon enough! I've got big plans, like a local 5K, All You Can Eat Crab Legs with some friends + a whole day of fall, including apple picking, apple cider & a big ol' bowl of homemade soup.

What are you up to this weekend? And what's your favorite soup? Drop me a link in the comments if you have one - and serious bonus points for anything I can make in the crockpot.

Now on to my favorite post of the week & some Friday Five!

one // If you missed it - shame on you for not following me on Instagram (@15minutes_late) but the BF & I are engaged! So, I guess technically he's not the BF anymore & I need to find him a new name, while not 100% revealing his identity to the Interwebs, because he's asked me not to. But back to the point. WE'RE ENGAGED! I'm excited to share more of the story + pretty fall pics next week. But here's a teaser in the meantime.



two // Is anyone interested in planning my wedding? I would say besides having good food & good music I don't care about many of the other details. So, don't expect centerpieces that will wow you. Because my thoughts on weddings are still pretty much this - from a post I wrote way back in April.

three // Mmm. Taco Tuesday for the win. When I lived alone, my meal prep game was strong, but I really only needed to make 2 - 3 meals for the whole week. Now I'm making 5+ a week, since the BF eats double+ what I do. So, having defaults, like Taco Tuesday, or Pasta Monday & Soup Wednesday (which BTW I just recently made up & have no ring to them) is such a lifesaver. This weeks tacos were ground venison, plus squash, onions & peppers from the garden & topped off with some homemade spicy salsa and homegrown lettuce. Mmm.


four // I talked back in the beginning of the summer about how I was cutting back on posting through Labor Day. Well, Labor Day has come and gone - and you may have noticed I'm just over here with my three posts a week, or some weeks, like this one, I just don't show on a Monday. Whoops. Anyways. I think 3 posts per week is here to stay. I'm loving the flexibility it gives me. And while I may pop in randomly on other days I never want to skip out on real life for the Internet. Ya dig?

five // And some funnies...

My face when someone asks me if we've set a wedding date yet...it has been less than a week folks, less than a week.

via GIPHY




linking up with Heather, Amanda, AndreaTifDella & Katie

21 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS ON GETTING ENGAGED. Looks like it was on a hike, how freakin cute. Do you want to be engaged for a long time or get the wedding plans rolling? No rush though! I thinking casual backyard weddings are so charming and definitely low-key. Big glamorous exhibitions aren't my deal for sure.

    Happy Friday!
    Danielle @ afloat on a full sea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was mid-hike which was perfect, because we love to hike together. Umm, honestly, I think we'll probably get the plans rolling. I've just been kind of looking at things here and there when I get a spare second & just crossing my fingers that it all comes together & we find things we like within a reasonable budget. Ultra glam isn't my style either. I don't think we'll have it in a literal backyard, but similar vibe for sure.

      Delete
  2. HOW THE HECK DID I MISS THIS?!!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    YAHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm so excited for you!!! & love even more you simplicity in the idea of planning!!! ... need a wedding photographer ;) (Wouldnt that be awesome?)
    Seriously - I am so thrilled for you & your love!! Let the fun begin!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your Instagram picture and I haven't gotten a chance to say CONGRATS!! I had a feeling it would happen shortly after moving in ;) So happy for you, blog friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I as hoping it would happen that as well. :)

      Delete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS!!! What an exciting time in your life right now! Elope. Haha. I would've in a heartbeat if it weren't for my dad's dream of walking his daughter down the aisle. No but honestly there are some pretty cool wedding ideas that are still classy but seriously low-key at the same time. Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been Pinteresting pretty hard! I can see how it would be so easy to get carried away with great ideas though!

      Delete
  5. Congrats on the engagement! I was the same way about the wedding, I just cared about good food and good music. Which my mom loved since it allowed her to do most of the rest of it. Taco Tuesday is pretty much the best day of the week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm. I do wonder if my Mom would want to take on some planning - good idea!

      Delete
  6. weddings...i didn't really focus on the details too much but my #1 priority was good food and booze...because that's all that matters, amirite?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your engagement!!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on getting engaged!! Omg that's crazy that people are already asking if you've set a date! Simmer down people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right!? I was honestly amazed, like literally told someone I was engaged & they responded, Congrats - do you have a date yet? NOOOOOOO.

      Delete
  9. Oh my gosh - so exciting! Congratulations on your engagement! Such a fun time in life . . . enjoy every second!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was SO excited when I saw your engagement post on IG - but as for planning a wedding? Count me out, girl!

    I always thought it would be so much fun but it turned out to be SO MUCH STRESS and we had a seriously low key wedding. I totally would have hired someone to do it all if wedding planners weren't so ridiculously expensive.

    And don't worry about a wedding date...

    This girl didn't have a wedding date until er... a little bit over a month before the wedding? We did only have 6 months to plan ours (due to Jesse's visa) and it was really hard to get everything to line up but yeah... I'm pretty sure my Mum had about 6,000 more gray hairs than she did before :P (especially when I only booked the caterer a week before after struggling to find one who'd do safe gluten free food)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, I would hate to wait forever to get married, but I am safe in knowing that if we can't find a date nothing major will happen, we'll just keep being engaged. So that visa business must have been stressful.

      I kind of have the philosophy that all of this will just fall together if I remain cool, calm & collected as well as low key & flexible. I have a few things I KNOW I want, but other than that - I'm chill.

      Delete
  11. I'm still so excited for you!! I'd say I "cant" believe people are asking about the date, but my friend just got engaged and literally the next morning when she told the rest of our office, two of my colleagues asked her about the date. HELLO?! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's pretty much exactly what happened to me, like, did I miss something here? Should I already have a date set?

      Delete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!