Friday, September 16, 2016

Friday Five #39

As you read this I'm probably running somewhere in Maryland. It's Ragnar DC weekend. I jetted off headed to Maryland last night, to crash at a teammates house before we all pile in the van to start Ragnar DC 2016. I'll be Instagramming all weekend, so if you don't follow me, but want to, you'll find me @15minutes_late.

In the meantime, a normal Friday Five to end your week, since next week I'll probably be spamming you all with Ragnar recaps.

one // Usually when I run Ragnar DC, we end in DC, I crash with a friend & we get some time to catch up & then I leisurely make my way home on Sunday. This year, not so much. The BF is about to be a Godfather, and the baptism is Sunday. The man doesn't ask for much, so when he asked if I could be there Sunday I told him I would find a way to make it work. I think it'll be a game time decision if I can keep my eyes open for 4 hours of driving on Saturday night. But, I'll figure out a way. BTW, in just a mere 4 weekends I have a day where I have zero plans. But in the meantime, just keep swimming, just keep swimming.

two // Got an email Wednesday morning from Emily that I had won a Georgia Grinders giveaway on her blog! Guys, free nut butter, mailed to my house!? I'm one seriously happy lady. Especially 'cause I forever feel like the person that enters giveaways but never wins.

three // I made the tastiest pumpkin muffin // cupcake things on Wednesday evening. 1 can of pumpkin + 1 box of spice cake mix, I baked them in mini muffin tins & got 48. They're a little high in sugar to work as a breakfast for me, but they're delicious & I popped some in the freezer for a quick treat in the coming weeks.



four // Work this week has been another nightmare...like you're hobbling along in a race with a peg leg, but then the peg leg crumbles and you start crawling your way to the finish line, but then they move the finish line. It has been sort of like that all week. So, I'mma cut this one short, and go to sleep....

five // But here are some funnies to end your day...





Me, 100% when people are coming over - but also usually me needing to put pants on. 

linking up with Heather, Amanda, AndreaTifDella & Katie.


18 comments:

  1. Everyone is baking all the pumpkin things and I need to get my act together and join in!

    I never win anything either, except a bucket of stickers during a Halloween raffle when I was in fourth grade. Congratulations!

    And good luck on your run. The weather looks like it's going to be beautiful. Autumn runs are where it's at (Besides the allergies!)

    Happy Friday!
    Danielle @ afloat on a full sea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that's how I felt about winning things & then when I won this I was so excited, because it never crossed my mind I would really win!

      Delete
  2. hahahah that kid who wrote "deal with it" wins at life!

    congrats on the win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I feel like more kids need to be. He'll go far.

      Delete
  3. That's how I cut carbs too ;)
    Saw your IG pic of the start of Ragnar... cheering you on all weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady! Just gotta get my last few Ragnar posts up now!

      Delete
  4. BAHAH that last one is me, all day every day. It's like, put on pants, throw everything in a bin and hide it, make sure that no one is covered in something gross.
    Good luck with your Ragnar and getting to the baptism!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. Sounds like me too. Except I don't also have kids, so I have less of an excuse for people to be covered in something gross.

      Delete
  5. LOVE your funnies on #5, especially the "get up and deal with it..." one. That's great! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ericka! That deal with it kid will go far!

      Delete
  6. Oh girl - rock that race! It's probably over by now! Can't wait to hear about it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was over by then, thank goodness - and I had managed a shower & a real meal, which was MUCH needed.

      Delete
  7. I hope you are having an awesome weekend, girl! I can't wait to hear all about it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristy! Gotta get my last few posts up soon!

      Delete
  8. I know a couple of people who have done the Ragnar race and it sounds so darn fun. I hope you had an amazing time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much fun, I pretty much encourage everyone who likes to run even a little bit to sign up for one!

      Delete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!