Friday, August 19, 2016

Friday Five #35

This week has been pretty meh. It has been rainy and dreary, but somehow still super humid & hot. And if I'm being honest, I've been in a pretty serious funk all week. Because you know what, that's some real life shit right there. No rainbows and butterflies this week, friends. But that's okay, I'm confident some fun this weekend will snap me out of it.

My former roommate is getting married! Which is crazy, because I was literally there the instant they first met in person. And the BF & I are having a big cookout for his family on Sunday (so pray for sunshine!). What are you up to this weekend? What's happening in your corner of the world? Here's a little bit of mine...

one // I had a toddler style meltdown on Wednesday. Specifics aren't worth it, but, I was angry. And the first thing I did when I got home from work (after an HOUR in traffic) was stomp my feet and yell (at the BF). Who first started to hug me and ask me what was wrong, but quickly switched to "Let me open a bottle of wine". Which was received much better. I calmed down, and enjoyed a small bottle of wine I brought home from my Europe trip. But seriously, that man is the best. :)


two // For a while I was having a hard time deciding on anywhere in particular for vacation next year. Then on Wednesday I was poking around the interwebs & I found it. I'm still planning it all out, and it won't be until late Spring // early Summer of 2017, but here's the plan.
Fly to Berlin - train to Prague - (maybe a random stop at another Czech city) - train to Vienna - train to Bratislava - train to Budapest - Fly back to Pittsburgh. So, who has been here, what else should we see // do. We both love hiking, so I've been looking into how to incorporate some of that.

three // So I finally started caring about Instagram - maybe caring is the wrong word. Dedicating effort. There, we'll go with that. Checking out good hashtags for the things I'm posting, commenting and engaging with others, etc. But, I have to say, people who follow you in hopes of getting followed, only to immediately unfollow you make me want to scream. WHAT IS THE POINT. What are some of your favorite #hashtags? Are you using Insta Stories (I'm not, but I also wasn't using Snapchat, so here we are)

four // I haven't told a lot of real life people about ze blog. No real reason, except I seem to come off way less funny in type. I'm actually hilarious (and yes, someone besides my Mom has confirmed this). Anyways. The link to this corner of the Internet is on my Instagram, and apparently a few friends have noticed this week. So I've gotten some really sweet texts from friends who popped over & read a bit. If you're reading, and we're friends in real life, "Heyyyy".

five // And some funnies...'cause this post is a little low on the picture count...mostly 'cause apparently I didn't take any this week.




linking up with Heather, Amanda, Andrea, Tif, Della & Katie.


33 comments:

  1. Hahaha, this week was a long one for me too girl. Your vacation sounds awesome though! I am not one to plan vacation too far in advance... last year I decided in February I wanted to go to Costa Rica and went there in April. We are all allowed our toddler style meltdowns, it's better than holding it in!

    Danielle @ afloat on a full sea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would probably wait to plan a vacation but I love having a big grand adventure to look forward to!

      Delete
  2. Heyyyy! (real life friends now, yay!) - I have zero plans this weekend except for the run tomorrow morning. I wanted to do Yoga in the Square Sunday morning since it's one of the last ones, but it's supposed to storm (I'll still do a no-rain dance for you & your cookout) PS: Talk about a keeper BF. That's basically all I need in a man. Someone that when I am upset.. all he says is.. "I'll grab the wine." Perfection. haha! Enjoy your weekend, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoop whoop for real life friends!

      The cookout weather ended up being perfect - so clearly the dance worked. :)

      Delete
  3. I was in a funk this week too. But I was also kind of in a funk LAST week, so, I feel like it's especially important to get my ish together sooner rather than later. It's a weird funk - I'm not even moody or down, just sort of tired and out of it. Your BF is the sweetest.

    Insta is my favorite social media platform. I actually like it. Although I didn't know Insta had "stories" now. Honestly I don't even know what "stories" is/means on Insta. The latest trend I've seen is the Boomerang. I follow some Olympians and they are Boomeranging all the freakin time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's supposed to be Instagram copying snapchat, sort of? Meh. Definitely like it better than opening a different app to see that stuff, but also, since a lot of people I follow I don't know, I don't really care, ya know?

      Delete
  4. Smart boyfriend going for the wine! Being stuck in traffic that long is horrible. I haven't checked out Instagram stories yet. I'm not sure I get it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a rip off of Snapchat, honestly. So, if you like one you may like the other.

      Delete
  5. smart man; wine always makes me feel better!

    IG is sort of annoying. I suddenly have these flashy circles at the top of my feed and I don't know how they got there because I didn't do any update! as for hashtags, i don't use them unless i'm referencing my gym.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UGH. Yes. Mine has that too, and I want it to go away, but I don't know if I can do that!

      Delete
  6. haha - I feel like I'm much funnier in real life too. God, I hope so anyways :)
    Glad to see more of you on Instagram. I'm actually loving the stories feature - mainly to see people's real lives. I like I can post something I really will care less if it saves for memory sake. Like I dont need to remember I had yogurt this morning a year from now :) haha
    Ahhh - you have a good guy. Those that can take our bad moods & help calm us down - they are keepers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I guess that's a fair point. I never really thought of it that way. 'Cause truly, I don't need to remember my yogurt eating chronicles.

      Delete
  7. Haha I love that he knew to get you wine! I need a man like that! And that vacation sounds AMAZING. I just got back from Hawaii a few months ago but I'm itching to do something else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had so much fun in Hawaii when I went. Honestly, just having something planned & to look forward to travel wise makes me so happy! Researching places to go & things to see, that's the kind of stuff I love.

      Delete
  8. love your vacation plan that sounds awesome!!! i've never been to any of those places but they all look beautiful and i cannot wait to see all your pictures!!! ummm that childhood memory meme is MY LIFE, that is awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not even booked anything, but just looking at all the pictures & reading other blog posts from those who have been there has me so excited!

      Delete
  9. Well, hope things improve over the weekend. I wonder if we're all just hot and grumpy . . . I'm in a mood but don't have a real excuse for it other than I just am. Anyway . . . so exciting that you are planning a trip to Europe!!! Can't wait for trip recaps - I love those!! I do love Snapchat and have Instagram but just can't make myself care about more social media. Maybe because I'm old? Gah . . . who's got the time!?! Happy weekending!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I felt, just hot & grumpy. I'm glad to say things have improved since then for sure!

      Delete
  10. Not using InstaStories or Snapchat. It's way too much work/effort and it disappears anyway and I have enough trouble to keep up with everything social media as is.
    Also: it slows Instagram way down. I do not like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UGH, I agree on the too much work part. I don't have enough time as it is most days.

      Delete
  11. I've started using instagram more lately too, and am amazed by the amount of people that search for some crazy hashtags. My best advice is, just be sure you ARE using hash tags! - Dorrie @ Rt 1 US 1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am using hashtags, so score! haha, but I do see some crazy ones out there, which always make me laugh.

      Delete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can I just say that I can hear you in my head reading this post to me? And FYI, you're equally hilarious in real life. :D

    (Meghan...from SUS. I have no idea why it wants to post my name as "M," but I thought I'd identify myself so you didn't think I was a stranger creeper :P )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You da best. :)

      See, I am funny, it has been independently verified!

      Delete
  14. Follow/unfollow instagrammers drive me NUTS! Or annoying people who clearly go through hashtags and leave the same comments or totally irrelevant comments like "So chic!" on a picture of oatmeal :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, haha, I haven't seen the "So chic" - but I'll get "Great pic" & I'm like umm, okay, thanks.

      Delete
  15. I can tell you would be hilarious in real life! I'm so envious of all your travel plans. Since you're a world traveler, you NEED to go to Vancouver if you haven't already been!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was once for just a day as a stop off on an Alaskan Cruise, but I would love to go back & hike nearby since I didn't get to do any of that before.

      Delete
  16. Haha I love your ending images 😁 Seriously, what's up with those cicadas?! They sound like an electric fence him to me... So weird.

    Hope your week goes much better! We all have to have a toddler meltdown now and then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figure it has been a long time since I've had one, but I always look back & am like "Really Jessie"? It was that intense? But at the time it always is.

      Delete
  17. lol @ the cicadas.
    wine (or baileys for me) is the only fix when i've had a horrible day that calls for a toddler style meltdown. i don't like to be hugged when i'm angry haha.
    i haven't been to any of those places but i'm envious!! take lots of photos.
    no-one in real life knows about my blog.. well 3 friends and KC but that is it. my friends wouldn't know at all except one of them found it googling something (talk about a fluke) and i had to tell the others. but if my mum or mother in law find it, i'm deleting it. lol.
    i don't much care about instagram in the way of hashtags and such. i used to, but i got bored with it. i still post pictures but i don't use a thousand hashtags or whatever. i don't use stories but i do love snapchat :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm learning I don't either. Guess it hasn't come up much before.

      Glad to know I'm not the only one shouting from the hill tops. I sincerely hope my MIL never finds it, or my mother for that matter either! Out of curiosity, what did they google that led to your blog? That's a serious fluke!

      Delete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!