Friday, August 5, 2016

Friday Five #33

It's Friday. And I am SO glad. This week has dragged on, and I'm just not sure why. As usual these days, my weekend looks like this, long run + canning // pickling - we're trying our hand at pickled eggs + the first batch of salsa, hopefully a hike & some meal prep.

I'll also be baking and testing out some recipes from my Pinterest boards since I'm headed to a winery for a friends bachelorette day on Saturday. :)

Time for some Friday Five. I hope you'll join in in the comments at tell me a few things you've been up to this week.

one // GUYS. This pasta. So good, and fresh, and full of veggies, but also cheese, because, cheese. Whole wheat pasta + mushrooms + zucchini noodles + tomatoes + fresh basil + mozzarella + chicken. Top it all with some garlic vinaigrette. So good. I'm calling it Caprese Pasta.


two // I don't know about y'all, but I'm picky when it comes to how things fit & feel when I wear them. So, when I find a pair of running shoes I like, I buy them in every color. Well, I'm finally down to my final pair & went searching for new shoes on Wednesday during my lunch break. I found some, but I don't love the color. Which is sad, because there was a pair that was so beautiful & just didn't fit right.

So, meet my new running shoes.


three // I talked on Wednesday about how I'm working on a list of date night ideas. Originally I had proposed "Mystery Date" where each month the BF & I would take turns planning a date & surprise the other. He veto-d that, fearful it would become a competition. I didn't see it that way, since all I want to do is not have to plan things sometimes. Anyways, while we work on our list of date ideas he surprised me with a "Mystery Date" - all I knew was we were headed out to dinner. Dinner was meh, but the company was on point. And not planning any of the details was such a welcome reprieve.


four // And this picture of my city. A little grainy...but the BF and I took a walk after dinner on Wednesday. The restaurant (Red Fin Blues for you locals) is located on a small island in the middle of the Allegheny River, and has its own marina. We drove, but took a walk later to the edge of the island for a view of the city at dusk.


five // Last but not least, a few Friday funnies...



 

 Linking up with Heather, Amanda, Andrea & Tif

27 comments:

  1. Girl, that pasta though. I would only eliminate the mushrooms because the texture of them freaks me out, but I love it! I just bought a Veggetti so it's gonna be zoodles all day erry day.
    Happy Friday!
    Danielle @ afloat on a full sea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are not the only one with a weird thing about texture. For whatever reason though I love the texture of mushrooms.

      But yes yes yes to zoodles & any other type of veggie noodles. I've been wanting to make pretty carrot noodles for a stir fry for forever!

      Delete
  2. Yum, that pasta looks great! And that's a beautiful view of the city from your post-dinner walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favorite views. I run on the island a lot, and used to row, so it's one I'm familiar with. :)

      Delete
  3. Awww your BF is such a romantic :)

    That pasta looks just like something I would make! And, yes, all the cheese.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so surprised when he planned this after shutting down my mystery date idea. Like, way too excited for just going to dinner on a week day.

      Delete
  4. Hope you have a fabulous weekend! Fancy new shoes . . . love the color!! And yes to date nights you didn't plan - awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy. I didn't love the color at first, but it's growing on me. I do have bright pink socks that match the laces, which is important and all.

      Delete
  5. That 'repin' meme is true. :D I don't know why.

    And that pasta salad looks so fresh and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! I'm itching to recreate it with whatever comes out of the garden next!

      Delete
  6. That pasta looks amazing!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Darcy! It was so good, fresh & easy to make!

      Delete
  7. Your pasta dish hits my marks - simple, healthy, delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that was my goal exactly. I love things like that for meal prep. It held up well in the fridge too!

      Delete
  8. haha - that last funny about the bad mood. That's so me.
    Mystery Date - that is PRECIOUS!!!
    I am the same way about shoes. I have some Asics that I love from 3 seasons ago - I'm still trying to find them on web sites - they are so limited in sizes now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I did with my Brooks, but I couldn't find any more, so I had to resort to buying new ones. The horrors!

      Delete
  9. A bachelorette at a winery sounds like so much fun! I love wine and little snacks, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It ended up being perfect! I love when everyone brings something to share, people make such good snacks that I would have never thought of.

      Delete
  10. That pasta looks amazing, holy deliciousness! Happy Friday <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate - it was super simple & full of veggies. So tasty, and I'm sure my mother would approve.

      Delete
  11. bitch i might be hahahahahaha
    love the mystery date idea! i can see how it could become a competition, but i'm glad he went ahead and surprised you anyway. KC and I were doing this every other sunday cooking a new meal for each other, but we missed one and then i was all control freak and was like i'll cook so that fizzled out. we don't really do dates so maybe we should try this!
    that pasta looks ahhhmazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I love that idea too. He makes the same stuff over and over. I try new things every so often, but they can be hit or miss.

      Delete
  12. That pasta looks delissshh!! See you in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Boyfriend WIN! I love that he surprised you with a mystery date night after vetoing it, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was beyond surprised when he did that. :) I was so happy!

      Delete
  14. That pasta looks delicious! I will have to add that to our meal plan for this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! Let me know how you like it!

      Delete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!