Friday, July 1, 2016

Friday Five #28

 I gave myself a long weekend last weekend, and since I had Monday off of work, I didn't bother writing a weekend recap on Sunday. I had such a fun weekend with friends, so I don't want to forget to recap that, at least a little bit.

So, welcome to Friday Five, Weekend Recap-ish addition.
I spent the weekend in Milwaukee with 6 other friends from my cross-country bike trip. We finished our trip 4 years ago this August & it still blows my mind how we can all pick up right where we left off. Which are the best kind of friends. 

{one}
Best $35 ever? This kiddie pool. Seriously. It was pushing 90 & sunny & humid all weekend, so coming home & splashing around in cold water was the best. We were able to grill out, refill drinks & even attempted to play some games on a Frisbee "table" we fashioned.



{two}
Food. Tacos, soft pretzels, grilling all the things. OM NOM NOM.
This soft pretzel. Cue the heart eyed emoji.




And... a local strawberry festival in the cutest little town called Cedarburg, where I managed to not eat // drink a single thing involving strawberries. #FAIL

{three}
We happened upon a "crit"...think a bike race that follows a specific course, for a predetermined # of laps, or time period. This course was about a mile long & the race was 50 minutes. These guys were completing a lap in about 2 minutes, meaning they were biking at ~30 MPH. We had a blast picking out our favorite racers from each race & cheering them on. One guy came over to thank us at the end!




{four}
I did a 4 mile trail run Thursday after work. I got lost x 2, despite carefully looking at the trail maps before I left work. I ended up on TWO different trails that weren't even on the map & was bummed by the lack of blazes at intersections. I ended up backtracking to my car & almost smacked into a deer who was on the trail. But I'll be back to try again...I think I know where I went wrong...


{five}
And some funnies...
Ha!:

Always:
Disclaimer...I am actually a really good parallel parker...but this is all too real for many of my friends.

Funny Pictures Of The Day – 88 Pics:



{Link Love}

Oh hells yeah. Watermelon is a summer staple in my kitchen & since the BF grows fresh mint, that's always on hand too. I already know this will be the best!

No Bake Summer Icebox Cake

Baked Falafel
Put everything (okay, most things, some I plan to alter...) on my grocery list for the weekend. Get. In. My. Belly.

AAAAND...I just realized all my link love is food. Whatever.

Happy 4th of July weekend, friends. Enjoy the extra day of no work (and freedom)! And I'll see y'all back here next week. :)

What are your 4th of July plans?
What's your favorite kind of taco?
Trail running - yay or nay?

 Linking up with Heather, Amanda, Andrea & Tif

22 comments:

  1. Trail runs are seriously fun and hard at the same time. Way to go on the trail run! And that kiddie pool for $35.00? YES, that is a steal of a deal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I thought too! I'm thinking I'll have to get one for my yard here. It was so refreshing!

      Delete
  2. Waiiiiiiitttt - WATERMELON MIMOSAS!? Give me. As someone who used to put together/work bke events, I LOVE that you cheered them on! We used to get volunteers to do it, and it really helps boost the bikers morale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really!? I've known all about crits forever, just never been near enough one to go. I love cheering & picking random people out from the crowd, and it's so easy to cheer since they just go round & round in circles. That's so cool you used to do that!

      Delete
  3. Those tacos look amazing mmm. I really need to get my son a kiddie pool- my parents have a big one, but if h had a kiddie pool, he could just go out and splash around! He would be so happy!

    Have a great weekend- visiting from the H54F link up.
    -Tabitha
    www.ahundredtinywishes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, you even have a perfect excuse...it's for your son...not just 'cause the grown-ups like to splash around too, which is my excuse!

      Delete
  4. Hahaha that is EXACTLY how I parallel park. I didn't even do it on my driving test. Not that I'm a terrible driver or anything but I'm convinced that I only passed because I grew up in a small town & the guy that did the driving part of my test was the dad of a guy I graduated with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our drivers test was on real roads, and our parallel parking was legit just the test guy found two cars & said park in between those. Which, was pretty nerve wracking. 'Cause hitting a cone versus someones car is pretty different.

      Delete
  5. That parallel parking literally made me snort laugh. #TrueDat
    I get so nervous with those bikers - so close together!!! I'd be on the one on the total outside.
    I had a kiddie pool for awhile - that size is perfect for an adult to lounge back in. Too bad my dog's nails isn't the best with inflatable things :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a crash with 19 guys in one of the races, just after the start line. It was crazy! One guy's foot slipped off his pedal so he was moving slow & then a million people hit him.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Right!? We got two for the table & I went to town!

      Delete
  7. That pretzel! I am seriously drooling! I'm also a really good parallel parker since I have to do it every day at my house and am always amazed at how many people aren't! I guess you just need to get used to it. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty good myself, until I have a friend in the car & then it's like it's my first day again. One day, I dream of a house with a driveway, but until then, it's the street parking life for me.

      Delete
  8. that parallel park is my life! lol that was awesome! there is really no parallel parking where i live so yeah i suck at it haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the only thing around me, so I'm pretty used to it. One day I'll get myself a driveway & then I'll probably suck at it, but until then.

      Delete
  9. I totally can't wait to hear what you think of the falafel, girl!

    Jesse HATED parallel parking when he first moved here as he went from living in Louisiana where parallel parking seriously does not exist (no joke, I've never seen anywhere to parallel park) to Australia where there's more parallel parking that anything else, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The whole driving on the left side probably doesn't help either!

      Delete
  10. Oh, I think I need to get one of those kiddie pools for the rest of the summer... excellent purchase!

    Also, trail runs seem to be... adventurous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're certainly adventurous. I feel like I'm one step away from eating dirt pretty much the whole time, but somehow I love it.

      Delete
  11. Haha. Those last quotes and ecards is so funny...and true! :D
    You had fun I see. I hope you enjoy this week too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lux! I saw them and LOL'd so I figured others would get a kick out of them too!

      Delete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!