Monday, June 20, 2016

Weekend Highlights : I finally rode my bike

Hi Friends! This week is going to be all sorts of packed for me, and since it ends with a weekend away to see some friends, I am already anxiously awaiting Friday! But, I can't jump ahead to next weekend before I've recapped this one, so here we go!

I'm linking up with Holly & Tricia & to share my Weekend Highlights.

The weekend party started early when the BF & I headed straight to the 40th anniversary party of some friends after work. Drinks, DJ, dancing? What's not to enjoy! 

I'll rag on the DJ who continually turned the lights lower & then back on, then dimmed them again, making picture taking impossible. ;)

You should see all the ones that didn't make the cut!


Saturday started off with a group run. I managed to convince the BF to come run with me, no small feat because it meant we needed to be out of bed by 645AM-ish. We met up with the group & Jennifer joined in on the fun too! The route was half trail + half road & we ended with about 5.5 miles total. My pace was unremarkable, but I had a lot of fun.




Post-run coffee was enjoyed in a new mug I snatched from TJ Maxx last week. I'm not a big stuff person, I can walk through Target & come out with nothing. I just don't need it & would rather spend my money on other things, like food & travel, but a good mug? It's the one thing I cannot resist.

This new one fits HALF A POT OF COFFEE! Like, legitimately, 6 cups of coffe! And, since it came with a view of the BF cooking breakfast, I loved it even more.

Sunday was church with the BF's family before he headed off to work & I headed off for my first bike ride of the year. Shame on my for not dusting off the cobwebs & pumping up the tires sooner, I've been busy.


I did a "quick" 15 miles at nearby North Park. The park has a 5 mile paved loop around the lake. It has it's own bike lane, and some rolling hills. So, while 3 laps of the same stretch of road can get boring, the people watching is great & I love not having to worry about getting hit by a car.

What was the best part of your weekend?
What's your preference - trail running or road running?
How do you take your coffee?

20 comments:

  1. Goodness gracious - caffeine overload with that cup :)
    I was like, HEY - its Jennifer! I love when blog people meet up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun surprise. We had met once before, but I had no idea she was going to be at the group run!

      Delete
  2. that coffee mug is awesome and so true!!nice job getting the bike out...15 miles to a runner sounds like it would take forever but on the bike its almost like a casual stroll lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was done in under an hour. Which is crazy, because it would have taken 3 if I had run!

      Delete
  3. That coffee mug is huge! Cool that you got out with your bike at NP. I don't ride my bike anymore because I'm afraid of getting hit by cars, but taking it to NP is a good option. Thanks again for running with me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UGH, yes. I fear that also. It's why I haven't been out on a true road ride in a while.

      Delete
  4. Very cute picture of you guys!

    I'm with you, I can leave almost any store empty handed, but show me a mug that I like, and I'll fight with myself to put it back. I love this one! and it holds my perfect amount of coffee!

    I like my coffee black with sugar.

    Good job on taking out the bike... I have yet to see mine, but I'm told it's ready for a stroll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought TWO mugs. I figured if I was already going to stand in line to buy one, might as well buy two. Oops!

      Delete
  5. Okay, so I NEED that mug. It totally meets my caffeine requirements :P

    It sounds like you had a lovely weekend - and I love that dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right!? The BF guessed it could hold half a pot, I told him I didn't believe him but then I started pouring...he was sorry he challenged me.

      Delete
  6. Aw, good for you. My ortho advised me to bike too for my back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lux! Bike riding is great, & so low impact too!

      Delete
  7. Ok, so I totally agree that I'm not as much of a stuff person. I would much rather buy new foods or new peanut butters (which is food) to share on the blog. Also, you told me you know of a place that has 45 different flavors of soft serve? WOAH! I need to go there. :) And getting out of bed to go running is hard for me to! Kudos to the BF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, 45! And I'm forever plagued with indecision over what flavor to choose next!

      Delete
  8. That mug lays out my bucket list ambitions. Need it! Ha a "short" bikeride. Looks like you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my former life, like 4-5 years ago, 75+ miles was NBD on the bike. So by comparison, this feels super short.

      Delete
  9. That mug is perfect with it's saying and size! Your bike is very pretty. I wanted red when I bought mine but had to settle for white. I really don't mind looping on bike rides. I'd rather do that than get so far from home (or my car) and have problems. I guess that's because I ride solo too. How fun you got to run with Jennifer. Thanks for linking with us Jessie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I take an extra tube & pump in case of trouble, but I would rather just not have any trouble.

      Delete
  10. Love that mug! And ahhhh I wish my apartment had space for me to keep my bike. That's all I've been wanting to do lately is bike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My apartment doesn't really have room, so I actually keep it at the BFs house. Haha. Just one more excuse to go over there!

      Delete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!