Monday, June 6, 2016

Weekend Highlights : Bridal Shower Shenanigans

Today? Sunday? As I type this...I plan to do some laundry, cook some food for the week ahead, & then do nothing else but watch Netflix & read my book. 

Saturday was a busy day. I was go-go-go from the start...which was 730AM for a 6.7-ish mile long run. We ran up the famous Mt. Washington. A part of Pittsburgh known for it's views of the city. But, as you can see from the elevation chart of my run, getting to the top is no joke.


After my run & a shower it was bridal shower time. I helped the MOH (maid of honor) put on a bridal shower & bachelorette party for our friend.


^anyone who knows me in real life knows that me wearing my hair down & having mascara on is like spotting a unicorn. So, it needed to be documented.

The shower was beautiful, the food was delicious & the decorations turned out great, despite our general lack of design skills. 




After the shower ended it was bachelorette party time! We headed straight to the MOH's house to get things started.  We did some serious noshing on snacks until we all realized we were running late & the limo driver had already arrived! We scrambled to get dressed & headed out.

Details & pictures to remain off the interwebs, BUT...

We were out past my bedtime, I danced my little heart out, as evidenced by my 25K+ step count for Saturday (not counting the ones I took after midnight!) & I was oh so ready for bed when we finally made it home. And, for 3,000+ calories burned yesterday, I think I've earned myself a glass of wine while I finish out the weekend.


How was your weekend?
How do you usually wear your hair? - Up, always up. Bun, Ponytail, Braid.
How often do you wear makeup? - I literally own nothing more than mascara, so, not often.

I'm linking up with Holly & Tricia & to share my Weekend Highlights

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great weekend and lots of steps at the bachelorette party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This time of year tends to be quite busy doesn't it? Looks like you did a great job with the shower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, 25,000 steps!?! Very impressive :) And I used to always wear my hair in a ponytail and that was one of the reasons I decided to just go ahead and cut it off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn girl, your body must have been wiped out by the time you went to bed! If I'm home and have no plans, my hair is 100% up in a messy bun because ain't nobody got time for that. But if I'm going out or meeting up with someone, it's usually down or half up half down

    ReplyDelete
  5. A unicorn :) that made me laugh - but you look so beautiful spiffied up :)
    I'm a mascara kinda gal too - if I had to have only one makeup item - itd be that.
    Good for you getting in all those steps. if you're busy at least it pays in benefits of moving a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look very pretty with your hair down! busy day for you! The decorations are very cute and simple, I love them!

    I wear my hair down for work, but for running it's almost always up, depending on its length.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a fun weekend! And that elevation climb looks intense. Way to go running that though! And the nights when I do go out and stay out past midnight, I kind of enjoy waking up the next morning with already a significant amount of steps haha. It's like sweet! I can just lay around and won't feel guilty if I don't add too many more haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been wanting to do that Mt. Wash run but heard that you can't get across the bridge because of construction. How did you go up? Sounds like you had a fun night at the bachelorette party! Long hair is new to me, so I usually wear it down. Unless I'm hot, then it has to go up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We came from SouthSide, turned left on 10th & took McArdle until it crosses Arlington (there are T-tracks), you make a brief right DOWN Arlington (like 10 steps brief) & go under the bridge, then you can take stairs that bring you up where the Mt. Washington hill really starts.

      I think they're right that you can't get across the bridge. So, you'd probably have to start in SouthSide, or come up Arlington from Carson by Station Square.

      Delete
  9. oh my goodness that is a lot of steps! you go girl. you totally deserve that wine. your hair is so pretty down!

    ReplyDelete
  10. your hair is so pretty! yes you totally had to document that :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet bridal shower! It sounds like you had such a fun weekend!

    That is some serious elevation on your run too! Our area is seriously hilly (and it doesn't help that we live on top of a hill too!) so whenever I run outside my elevation map goes up and down like a yoyo over and over and over again :P Just when I think it gets flat there's another incline around the corner, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look so pretty! It's a special day if I bother to blow dry my hair and wear it down, especially in the summer. It sounds like a fun weekend. That's a huge step count and deserved a big glass of wine! Thanks for linking with us Jessie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look very pretty for the shower! I only wear make up for special occasions and picture day at school. I can count on one hand how many times I wore make up last year. I wasn't like that until I started running. Ten minutes to apply make up is an extra mile on my morning run. My hair is usually half up or in a pony tail.

    ReplyDelete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!