Wednesday, June 29, 2016

July 2016 Goals + June Goal Recap

Summer is always an odd time for me in terms of goals. There is always so much I want to do, which is why I made my Summertime Bucket List, but summer isn't typically the time when I try to make big strides in my life. Maybe some of you feel the opposite, but usually, I spend my summers soaking up the sunshine & fresh air & leave the intense goals for cooler, gloomier weather.

It doesn't mean I drop everything, but, my summer time goals may seem a little lackluster compared to what you're used to seeing here. Anyways, let's check out how I did on my June goals & what's on tap for July.



June goals :

{run a 5K}
Nope. I just failed to register for anything. So I didn't run any races.

{drop 5LBs}
Success, I've dropped about 1-1.5 lbs. Not a lot, but I'm focusing on small changes. Sustainable ways, not a "diet", but rather conscious eating & asking myself if I really want the ___ before I put it in my mouth.

{no workouts missed}
HA! I made my nice pretty schedule. Realized I would be out of town for the race I was targeting. DUH. & then just sort of went to a do what I'm in the mood to do deal. It's not that I've specifically skipped workouts, but rather just made them up as I go.

{track all meals in MFP}
Nailed it! Had a few days where I had to estimate a lot, but, it got tracked! I love being able to see how my food impacts how I feel throughout the day.

{70,000+ steps per week}
I'm calling this one good! I had one week @ 64K steps, but it's close-ish & I'll take it.

{up my evergreen content game}
Evergreen content is content that is continually relevant. My weekend recap probably won't be on Pinterest. Think of Evergreen Content as things that might get pinned!

I posted on Adulting 101, Rules for Online Dating, How to Choose a Race & Tips for First Time Campers + a book review. If you haven't already read these, click the link, it'll open in a new tab & you can check it out! Maybe even go crazy & pin it!
__________________________________________________________________

So, what are my July goals??? And I really can't believe it's already July. Lots of carry-over from June goals. I want my workouts & feel good in my skin success to continue - so I plan to focus my efforts there.

{run a 5K}
I've got my eye on a local 4th of July race!

{drop 5LBs}

{track all meals in MFP}

{70,000+ steps per week} 

{use the stick}
I won a free Stick at one of my group runs. And it's a love - hate relationship. It hurts so good. But, now that I've got my very own, I need to use it. I like this way better than foam rolling.

Image result for the stick


{up my evergreen content game} 
I've got some posts I'm excited about in the works...a camping eats round-up, more camping tips, a look at what I pack for a day hike + some ways to save money painlessly. 

What are some of your July goals?
Foam roller or Stick?
Anyone wanna be friends on Fitbit?

I'm linking up with Ange + Amanda + Kristen + Gretchen

23 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to buy a stick for awhile! I have a foam roller and use it pretty regularly but the stick is sometimes so much easier to use. And I totally feel you on not being super goal-oriented in the summer. I like have a few goals or plans but I've never really tracked them super close like I tend to do in the fall or winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so lazy with the foam roller 'cause I don't want to get on the ground. But the stick is nice 'cause I can use it while I sit on the couch, or standing even!

      Delete
  2. Oooo! I wanna be friends on Fitbit!!

    I love Evergreen content; I like to think it comprises most of my blog, actually, because I really don't like writing weekend recaps and training logs even though those tend to get more traffic and comments.

    Good luck this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And Yay for being FitBit buddies!

      Delete
  3. It's always good to revisit goals and see just where you are. I haven't been doing much foam rolling (slacker) and I know I need too! Are we not friends on facebook? Send me a request then through my email dblred0728@hotmail.com! I love the challenges there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You kick some serious FitBit ass! I think I'm going to have to run another marathon if I want to beat you one week!

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much for linking up!

    I'm also working on Evergreen content, while still being able to tell stories with my blog. I think it's always a work in progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Have to stay semi seasonal too! Just so much to think about.

      Delete
  5. July's goals sound perfect!

    I don't have the stick but I do have a Roll Recovery R8 which is kind of the same thing and I loveeeeee it! SO much better (and tbh, easier) than foam rolling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am all about easier. I'm not a big fan of any of it to begin with, so I'm certainly not going to do it it it makes my life harder.

      Delete
  6. Those are very simple goals, and that's what I like. I kind of want to do a 5k this month. :) And I need to re do some of my posts with pinnable images and such so that they can be more evergreen. :) I need to stop being lazy. Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely go back & update posts! I feel like it makes such a huge difference.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for linking up! Hoping you nail your 5K!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been thinking about writing more evergreen content on my blog too, and I have the Stick and love it! I think it makes it so much easier to roll out those muscles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I'm way too lazy to roll around on the floor with my foam roller, just being honest, so the stick is more my style.

      Delete
  9. These sounds like pretty attainable goals. That stick looks like it would hurt so good. Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does Rachel. It's a seriously sick torture device.

      Delete
  10. i have a foam roller but i suck at actually using it. i have never heard of a stick! good job on your workouts, even if it's not a pretty schedule, i feel like making them up as i go/doing what i 'feel' like doing is far more sustainable to me, if that makes sense. it is definitely what works for me! and i am always working on the 'do i really want/need this?' before putting whatever in my mouth. it's hard lol. thank you for linking up with us and sorry i am behind on blog reading :) catching up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i have both; my husband uses both as well. when i did lots of trail running, i used my foam roller like it was going out of style! it helps so much.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my I hope this time you get to do the 5k! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. WHAT on earth is a free stick!? Good luck with your running, sounds very impressive. Oh and I need to work on my evergreen content, too. I am really struggling to write about my recent trip to New York and I have no idea why. I had the best time! It's just not coming easily.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I kind of miss my fitbit..I got one from work and loved the competitive environment on it, but I was getting tired of wearing that and my Garmin on runs, so I switched the a watch with a built in pedometer. I wish it would sync up with Fitbit! Good job on your goals, and thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!