Friday, June 24, 2016

Friday Five #27

Cue the exclamation points!!! After work today I'm hopping on a plane to Milwaukee! Some friends from our cross-country bike trip are meeting up for a reunion. I think only 6 or so of us can make it, but it's been AGES since I've seen them all, like January 2015 maybe? Anyways...is it 5PM yet!?

Time for some Friday Five in the meantime, I'll try to keep it light on the exclamation points, but no promises!

{one}
 What's a girl gotta do to get this mug? Mugs are pretty much my only shopping weakness. And since this has a lid & doubles as a travel mug, it seems like a solid investment.




{two}
I finally put in my window AC. I did it all by myself, which, maybe I shouldn't brag about...but that thing is heavy! Since this is my first summer in this house, I failed to realize how oddly sized the windows are. It's an older house, so all the windows are super wide. It took a lot of duct tape & I'm not sure if I should even post this to the internet...but whatever. My room is now cool enough for me to sleep & not wake-up looking like I ran a marathon in my sleep. Maybe some time soon I'll care enough to figure out the right way to do it. But also, maybe not.


{three}
Surest way to feel a million years old? Drive a mini-van full of interns on a work field trip. Why was I the one driving? Because I was the "chaperone". Which is a terrifying thought. One girl snap-chatted in the van. & I know I'm old because she asked if she could "snap me" & I told her to keep her grimy hands off of me. Turns out that's not what "Snap Me" means.

{four}
The BF & I were looking at the calendar last night. Trying to figure out his work schedule + wedding date for the 6 we will attend this year + our remaining vacation days. Chaos does not even begin to describe that process.

| side note | The BF works rotating shifts, with rotating days off - the chaos is never ending.

BUT...amidst the chaos, we found a 3 day weekend! So, we hopped on Groupon, booked a B&B & will be off for some exploring later this year! I was sort of bummed that my big vacations were done for the year, so this gives me something to get excited about. I can't wait to hike somewhere new & find some hidden gems along the drive!

{five}
A few of this weeks favorite funnies...
...:

Lol:

http://some.ly/VCY31XL:

And in case you missed it...
Adulting 101 : How to Fake it 'til you Make It went live on Wednesday!

{Link Love}

27 Songs From The Early ’00s You’ll Never Forget The Lyrics To

19 Slightly Odd Things Every Fitbit Owner Has Been Guilty Of

How to update Medical Info with IOS8

 Linking up with Heather, Amanda, Andrea & Tif

21 comments:

  1. I remember you commenting something about driving that work mini van! God, that's terrifying.

    Even more so is when I find myself starting to say "kids these days".

    I would for sure say that that travel mug is a worthy investment!

    Have a great weekend and time in Milkwaukee!

    xoxo
    Danielle
    Afloat On A Full Sea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I caught myself saying something about kids these days! I turned into an old lady pretty quick!

      Delete
  2. That mug!! I so laughed. I have a new obsession with mugs - they make so many cute ones now.

    Duct tape - my mom told me it can fix anything - your picture just re-enforces that idea :)

    Have a great trip & fun with your friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep several rolls around the house. And I was so glad I had it. I couldn't have survived one more night without air.

      Delete
  3. 6 weddings?!?! Ugh. Glad you found some time to getaway though!

    Haha the windows in our place are similarly difficult for AC units. I feel you.

    I guess I'll be seeing you tomorrow!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, 6 weddings. I need to stop being friends with people...but seriously. Hoping this is the last big year of weddings.

      Delete
  4. Have a great reunion trip! I'm glad that you & the bf were able to find a 3 day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh have so much fun in Milwaukee! I love that "go big or go home" meme. I'll gladly go home and nap and eat food and read and watch netflix.. sign me up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I was all jazzed up to write up a things to do in MKE post, until most of what we did was hang out & catch up. haha.

      Delete
  6. hehe oh boy that queen of serenity thing.. so me. hahaha Oh, our first apartment needed window units. It took us a little while to break down... but it was so needed!! Have a great trip! I've never been to Milwaukee! XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The BF has central air & it's glorious. I pretty much spend all the time I can over there, 'cause central air > window units any day.

      Delete
  7. I need that mug. I have one that says "might be vodka". it was a hit at my new job. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that "Might be Vodka" mug idea too! I bet that would be a hit at my job as well!

      Delete
  8. Never found your blog until now! And it's the 27th Friday favourites already.

    Thanks for sharing, haha! A lot of time being an adult, I just feel like a kid not knowing what I'm doing with my life but having more responsibilities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I hope you'll be back again!

      Pretty much, no clue what's going on, but I have to pay the electric bill!

      Delete
  9. You definitely need that mug! I have one of the same travel mugs from typo and it's the size of my head so it's pretty much perfect :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been sitting in my online shopping cart all week, I keep debating it, I should probably just bite the bullet.

      Delete
  10. I want to go to Milwaukee so badly. I am definitely living vicariously through you :) Great job with the AC!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely enjoyed it! But there is still so much I haven't been able to see, we definitely skimped on the exploring so we could maximize our catch up time.

      Delete
  11. Yes, nap + home please! And yay for your B&B trip!!! Oh, totally be proud of putting in that window unit!!!

    Thanks for linking up with us for H54F!
    Tif
    www.brightonabudget.com

    ReplyDelete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!