Friday, June 17, 2016

Friday Five #26

Guys. I announced on Monday that I would be cutting back to posting 3 days a week for the duration of the summer, and I can't believe how much more free it has made me feel. I've come to love blogging in the 7-ish months since I started, but, there's only so much excitement in my life. I mean I work 830-5 M-F, I can only pack so much fun & excitement into those extra hours. Nor do I want every waking minute on ze blog. So, it's nice to spend more time sitting, doing nothing on the back porch with the BF. :)

It's Friday, so it's time for some Friday Five. Five random things happening in my world right now.

BTW, coming soon...I've been cruising through books this week, and I'm planning a post about all my recent reads with some reviews & thoughts, for those of you looking for a new read.

{one}
Speaking of reading a million books...the ability to request books from the library online is the best. If I see something on GoodReads or another blog I can just login from work & request it. My local library is only open past 5PM a few nights a week. A real bummer, 'cause I'm pretty sure most humans work until 5PM. So, I pretty much have to go hard & check out 5+ books every time I go to the library.

{two}
Not Your Father's Ginger Ale is delicious.  I've tried their Root Beer & I like it...though I feel like it doesn't always taste the same? Like some bottles are tasty & some almost taste medicinal. Maybe I'm crazy.
Anyways...this stuff tasted like ginger beer.

{three}
Ignore my dirty stove...I do! Haha. 
Focus on the delicious-ness in that skillet. AKA I've had tacos // quesadillas for dinner every night this week. Forget just Taco Tuesday. Every day is a good day for tacos.

{four}
The BF & I are headed to a 40th anniversary party tonight that I'm pretty sure will top most of the weddings we go to this year. It's at a swanky venue, complete with dinner, DJ, open bar, etc. So, I'm excited to swipe on some mascara, dress up & dance. :)

{five}
Anyone else OINTB obsessed? The new season hit today...and while I don't think I'll get a chance to binge watch the season this weekend...only because it's the BF's last weekend off for a while, I plan on hitting it hard on Monday. No shame in my Netflix game. Anyone else?


AND...in case you missed it, I posted on Wednesday a few confessions about the online dating world & some rules for how to navigate it. Just in case any of you are out there looking for love. Or, just want to read more about online dating & then thank your lucky stars you're already married. You can find the post here.

Happy Friday, I'm outta here. I'll see y'all on Monday!

What are you up to this weekend?
Anyone else planning to watch OINTB this weekend?

Linking up with Heather, Amanda, Andrea & Tif

8 comments:

  1. Another reason I need to get a library card - to be able to request books like that! I bet you must feel so much more free posting less - not sure how you were doing daily before. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Wednesday post was fun to read! :) Also that root beer? I love root beer so much. I think it's my favorite soda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to be friends with those people who are having that cool of an 40th anniversary party :)
    I still need to get through season 2 of OITNB. I'm a slacker on Netflix

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for swanky parties!! I'm pretty jealous. ANd YES to everyday being taco day. WHy regulate it to only one day?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no! why is your library only open until 5? that is so rude of them! most libraries around here are open until 8 or 9 pm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love my library's online system too! As it's right by our church I usually order all the books I want and swing by and pick them up on my way home from running our church's toddler group each thursday (and drop all my old ones off on the way there as the library still isn't open at that time but I can just throw them in the shoot :P)

    Enjoy that swanky party, girl! Fance-eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate when libraries aren't open late:( Also, I never got through the 4th season of OITKB, so I need to go watch it first. And I'm cracking up on the stove comment. . .sounds like me.

    Tif
    www.brightonabudget.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The tacos look delicious, and I agree, they're not just for Tuesday's ;) haha.

    ReplyDelete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!