Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Currently : June 2016

AHHH. It's June. Which means it's time for a new "episode" of Currently, and a mini panic attack about where the last few months have gone. While I'll be doing a more recap style post of the first 6-ish months of 2016 tomorrow, I want to focus on the little things today. The things I don't always post about, but that make life so much more enjoyable. So, I'm linking up with Anne & Jenna.



{planning}
Day-hikes, a girls weekend (for who knows when) & a weekend in Milwaukee later this month.

{enjoying}
Friendships that can pickup right where they left off. I was able to see 2 of my best friends this past weekend. I've known them both since middle school. We'll go months without seeing each other, but can always pick-up right where we left off.

{buying}
New summer dresses. My butt has gotten even larger than it was before in the past 6 - 8 months, thanks to squats & lunges & leg day in general. Which, okay. But, it means that a few of my work skirts // dresses are now a little inappropriate for the office. So, TJ Maxx // Marshalls to the rescue.



{craving}
WATERMELONS. All of them. Like, I eat a half a watermelon for breakfast in the summer. I just cut it in half & plop it on my desk. #noshame

{pinning}
Lots of stuff. Recently, lots of quick circuit style workouts & funny somecards.
You can follow me here if you like. :)

Ohmygawdyesssssss:

^But seriously. If you can use a crockpot to make everything from pulled pork to pineapple upside down cake, you'd think we could use the damn thing to make wine.

What are you up to currently?
Have Pinterest? Leave me your link!
What's your favorite thing to make in the crock pot?

24 comments:

  1. I have friends just like that where you can pick right back up where you left off, some are from middle school and some I didn't meet until college. Friendships are so important! TJMaxx and Marshalls are my SAVIORS. For everything. Especially random gifts, they have the cutest random gifty things.

    xoxo
    Danielle
    Afloat On A Full Sea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sometimes I don't even know what I plan on giving someone until I see it at TJ Maxx!

      Delete
  2. Ha ha, I love the bit about making wine from grapes in the crock pot :) Those dresses look really cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chaitali! Those were the two that came home with me! I even wore one today to work. :)

      Delete
  3. Yay Milwaukee! I lived there for four years and I miss it. And TJ Maxx is the best! We don't have a Marshalls up here in Green Bay, but I used to love that store too when I lived in MKE. I get almost all of my clothes / workout clothes from TJ Maxx!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love TJ Maxx too & ditto on the workout clothes, especially tops. Sometimes I'm picky about my shorts, but they always have such a huge selection!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Savannah! Those are the two that made it home with me.

      Delete
  5. Loving your summer dresses!
    I love friendships that can just pick up where they left off

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like that blue dress is so cute and looks really comfy...two of my requirements in a dress :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachael! They were both super comfortable which is a MUST if I'm going to wear it for 8+ hours.

      Delete
  7. I can't believe you're coming to Milwaukee!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay I feel you on the watermelon. That along with pineapple are all I've been wanting lately. My favorite thing to make in the crockpot is this white chicken chili and it's soooo good. I never crave chili in the warmer months but this is something I make like all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love white chicken chili. & the version I make it so simple. It's like 3 minutes of dumping things in & chopping up a thing or two. But, you're right. I think I would sweat to death if I tried to make it in the summer.

      Delete
  9. Sounds like a great summer - girls weekends are the best! And good for you on the squats + lunges... I'm so bad about doing leg days, so I say you're totally deserving of new dresses after your hard work. The maxi is great! Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I might be too good at doing leg days. Haha. But, hey, new clothes!? Thanks!

      Delete
  10. It is CRAZY that we're already halfway through the year!

    Friendships that just pick up where they left off are the best! I have friends all over the world and some of them I can not see for years and we get together and it's like distance never happened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the best kind of friendships. And it's so amazing to me that you have friends all over the world. Tough sometimes I'm sure to not see them, but incredible to have such strong friendships.

      Delete
  11. Watermelons are Summer in my opinion, so as soon as they show up everywhere - it's the official start of Summer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I 100% agree. I would take cool, sweet watermelon over ice cream any day. It's my summer go-to.

      Delete
  12. Girl, work your booty!! I do way too many squats and lunges as well and can see the difference!! Love the pic of the beach, where is it?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks Julie! I love squats & lunges, & they definitely make a difference.

      I actually don't know about the beach, it's a free stock photo from Canva that I used.

      Delete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!