Wednesday, May 25, 2016

WIAW #8 : I finally went grocery shopping

It has been a while since I joined in on the WIAW fun. But, after a few weeks of scrounging around in the fridge, I finally ventured to the grocery store & am excited about my meals again. So, I wanted to share, so here we go.

Breakfast was toast topped with PB2 & bananas. I added some mini chocolate chips to my PB2 mixture & used it all to top some old whole wheat bread I found in the back of the freezer.


Lunch was two random tacos. I sauteed onions & zucchini, along with some leftover rice I needed to use. I topped it off with some BBQ pulled pork, avocado & sriracha. For throwing together random things in my fridge, these were delicious! I love to warm // toast the tortilla shells for a minute or two on each side before I cook the rest of my taco innards. It makes all the difference.


And finally dinner. Combined with my latest obsession. Pizza. Made using naan as the crust. While I know I could make the naan myself for a fraction of the cost at the store, I'm lazy, so I don't. But man, oh man, using naan as a pizza crust? Delicious. This pizza had red sauce, zucchini, bell pepper, onion, jalapeno, feta & some Italian blend cheese so my toppings didn't fall off.



I discovered on Friday that I have a patio at my apartment. So I celebrated by eating dinner outside & enjoying a glass of wine while I finished my book. :)

What's your favorite way to top a pizza?
Soft shell or hard shell tacos?
How often do you grocery shop?

16 comments:

  1. My dream pizza would be topped with avocado, bacon, grilled chicken, cheese, and bacon bits. Omgggg <3
    Hard shell tacos, fo sho.
    And I grocery shop whenever I absolutely HAVE TO. So it sounds like the same as yourself, haha!

    xoxo
    Danielle
    Afloat On A Full Sea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG. That pizza sounds delicious! I have almost all of those things @ home, so that just may need to happen.

      Haha, I actually LOVE grocery shopping. It's my favorite. I just don't like going mid-week, if I am too busy on the weekends, so I usually scrounge around & try to make it to the weekend if I can.

      Delete
  2. I love PB2 and never thought to add chocolate chips. I've tried the chocolate PB2 and I actually like the original better. But I bet the chocolate chips would make it even better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you, I like the original better too. Usually I top my banana toast with a honey drizzle, but I didn't feel like dragging a bottle of honey to work, so I added the chocolate chips for extra sweetness & I really liked it.

      Delete
  3. That pizza looks delicious!! I am going to give Naan pizza a try!

    soft corn tortilla tacos for me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With you on the soft tacos! But, I can't seem to get behind corn vs flour.

      The naan pizza is so good! It gets crispy on the bottom, but still soft on top!

      Delete
  4. I'm a hard shell taco gal. Their lower in calories ;) Get more for the bang.
    I usually go shopping every week just because I go through the fruits & veggies so much, but I didnt make it last week & have been trying to hold off till Friday so I can load up for our visitors coming up this weekend... its driving me nuts feeling like I dont have my usual staples.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I didn't know that bit. I just know they always make me turn into a hot mess & break everywhere. Haha

      I know what you mean. That's how I felt for the past two weeks. I was like a kid in a candy shop when I filled up my cart at the store.

      Delete
  5. Those tacos sound delicious ahh I want tacos now haha. I'm a soft shell taco person. And I feel like it's about 3 weeks that we go in between big grocery shopping hauls. I'll go to the store here and there to get fruit or other vegetables that we need though. Also, super jealous about your patio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3 WEEKS!? I'd probably spend way less if I did that. But I always panic I'll want something & won't have it, but am way too stubborn to run to the store for just 1 or 2 things. I'll just hold out & be salty about it.

      Delete
  6. Yay for grocery shopping!! I love having a nice, full fridge. Also, that pizza! I need it in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh I'm so with you on the toasty taco trick! I always throw mine directly on the flame for a few seconds to get them just a bit crunchy and it's soo much better

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehe... Sometimes, I just don't want to go out of the house, so I'll scrounge meals together, until ... well we have to go. I am a homebody. That pizza looks SUPER Good Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i'm a hard shell taco girl for sure. soft shells are not a thing at home. i don't get it, doesn't that make them a burrito? or a mini burrito not wrapped properly? haha. but seriously, hard tacos all the way.
    i have never used naan as pizza crust. i love naan so i am scared of going down that road and never eating anything else ever again. i quite like just cheese and sauce on pizza, or random veggies. i don't like meat on a pizza for some reason. i have never had zucchini on pizza either!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't dinner on the patio the best?! Especially when pizza is involved! ;) Happy WIAW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Naan pizza? That sounds goooooooooood!

    I am totally with Kristen - in Australia we don't do soft shell tacos because we just call them burritos, haha!

    ReplyDelete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!