Sunday, May 22, 2016

Weekend Highlights : Rain Rain Go Away

Hi Friends, it's a rainy Sunday here in Pittsburgh. I'm curled up in my "old lady chair" (my pet name for my wonderful rocking arm chair) listening to the rain, sitting under a blanket, 'cause I love having the windows open, but it's actually a little chilly with the breeze. I'm enjoying a glass of wine & it's my favorite blogging weather.

So, I'm here to link up with Holly & Tricia & to share my Weekend Highlights.

I found a Chipotle gift card that I had forgotten about, so escaping the office for lunch on Friday was a no brainer. I like to mix my bowl up before I eat it, but I always spill things, so I unfold a napkin & put it underneath. 
1. So I can pick up anything good that spills & eat it anyways. 
2. So I don't leave a mess for the poor soul who sits down after me.


Meanwhile, the BF & I came within dangerously close territory of booking this Groupon for Iceland. We held off because while flight was included, it was from NYC & the prices to get there & back from Pittsburgh were going to be a bitch. But, seriously 5 nights accomodations + airfare to Iceland? You can't even get airfare alone that cheap (I looked). Go check it out if you're interested. I've traveled with Gate1 & they are great. And December, the option still available for $599 is PRIME Northern Lights time.

| side note | I'm not any sort of Groupon or Gate1 ambassador (but oh how I wish I was) I've just traveled with both & think they offer great deals!

Friday evening was perfection. I'm going to sound like a total dingbat...but my apartment has a patio & I had NO idea. Let me explain. When I moved in last fall, it was already cold weather, there was a back area, but it was over grown & just dirt, no grass & not paved at all. But, I have no reason to ever go back there, & the area isn't visible from my apartment. I was forced to go down the back stairs on Friday & saw that the area has now been cleared & lined with pavers. There's also a table & chairs out there now. So I quickly whipped up a personal pizza & headed outside to finish my book!


Saturday started out with a rainy run. 6.65 miles. The rain kept lots of folks at home, but I knew I wouldn't regret going & I didn't. I got to test "drive" a pair of Saucony's. And while they aren't the right shoes for me, I loved being able to test them out. No pics, 'cause you know, rain & stuff.

I spent the rest of Saturday morning // afternoon doing bridal shower & bachelorette party prep with my friend Chelsea. 

| side note | I'm planning a bachelorette party game with funny questions. The premise is funny questions. If the bride can get the right answer, she can assign someone to take a jello shot or sip of their drink, if she gets it wrong, she drinks. I'm thinking questions like, "What animal would your husband be"? Things that no one will feel bad if they don't know...ya know? So, if you've got a fun question...leave it in the comments!

Sunday was a walk before the rain came & some meal prep! Yay for overnight oats! I made some homemade meat sauce for spaghetti, another personal pizza for lunch + started some chicken in the crockpot to use for tacos & salads later in the week.



How was your weekend? What was the best part!?
What's a fun question for my bachelorette party game?
What's your favorite way to pass a rainy day?

22 comments:

  1. Hahahaha, I love that you put a napkin down to catch fallen food! Clever thinking, my friend! ;)

    I REALLY want to go to Iceland one day - we're actually thinking of doing a side trip one time when we're in the US as it's so much cheaper to do it that way than fly all the way there and back from Australia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be such a great side trip next time you're here, I'm sure!

      You have no idea how sloppy of a mixer I am. Beware. Haha.

      Delete
  2. How fun that your are planning a Bachelorette party. They are always a blast! What a nice suprise to find our that you have a patio at your apartment now. I would be put there all the time too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pretty excited about it! I can't wait to eat outside & read to soak up all the nice weather.

      Delete
  3. Man, that groupon is a great price for Iceland! We booked a package deal through expedia but it was definitely a higher price than that. That's cool that you found the patio in time to enjoy it on Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so sad we couldn't book it. We went from finding it to almost buying it all in about an hour! The BF says I'm a loose cannon! Haha.

      Delete
  4. A surprise patio. How nice! It's hard to believe that price for a week in Iceland, including airfare. Hosting a bachelorette party sounds fun. Very clever idea with the napkin too. I'm going to remember that one. Thanks for linking Jessie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right!? It's too good a deal to stay home! Honestly.

      Do it, I always feel bad when I spill things all over at places I know don't always have dedicated table wipers. 'Cause sitting down at a dirty table is the pits.

      Delete
  5. Are the questions just random or just about the groom? I'm all about games. I was raised in a huge Italian family - I basically lived at showers every Saturday for most of my adult life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're not exactly my cup of tea, but I'm trying my best to make it fun!

      Delete
  6. Chipotle sounds amazing right now, I just instantly started craving it while looking at that picture haha. My favorite way to spend a rainy day is with a nap.. is that weird? Or reading and drinking coffee. I just love listening to rain as I fall asleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love napping on rainy days. And definitely enjoying some coffee & a good book. The BF has a metal roof so rain makes the best noise, so long as it's a soft rain. Otherwise it's quite the racket.

      Delete
  7. I need to get on the overnight oats train. I've saved so many different recipes, and I eat oats every day. But it's just hard for me to deviate from my good old chocolate-peanut butter oats. I keep thinking eventually I'll get bored of it...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny, because I keep thinking I'll get sick of my overnight oats, but I don't. Mine are chocolate PB also. I use half scoop of chocolate protein powder + PB2 + mini chocolate chips on top.

      Delete
  8. Have you ever booked a vacation through Groupon before? Because I've also come sooooo close before, but then I get nervous and don't go through with it hahaha. The deals just seem so good to be true!

    xoxo
    Danielle
    Afloat On A Full Sea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chipotle!!! I love Chipotle, and yay for getting out and doing those rainy runs. :))) That Groupon does look like a really good deal, but does Groupon work pretty well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've traveled with them before & wrote a post about it (https://theacquiredsass.blogspot.com/2016/03/5-reasons-to-travel-with-groupon.html) but in short, I've been super satisfied with them & think they offer great deals! Plus, I've traveled with Gate1 before too, and trust them as well.

      Delete
  10. Chipotle!!! I love Chipotle, and yay for getting out and doing those rainy runs. :))) That Groupon does look like a really good deal, but does Groupon work pretty well?

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so considerate of you to leave a clean eating area at Chipotle!

    How fun to organize a Bachelorette party! how about What is the grooms favorite pizza toppings? that has to be an easy answer to get!I've never planned a bachelorette party, sorry I'm no help!



    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Chipotle, but it's been a while since I've eaten there. The closest one is in a neighboring city 30 mins away. That's a great deal for a trip to Iceland! Sorry the flights weren't convenient.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We had some friends that recently went to Iceland... they loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!