Tuesday, May 31, 2016

June 2016 Goals, mid-year review & May goal recap

Hows that for a mouthful of a title? I am still in disbelief it's June already. I had a seriously eventful first few months of 2016 & it shows no signs of slowing down. While my vacation schedule will grind to a halt  (due to lack of remaining vacation days...) my social calendar will not. Let the 2016 wedding season begin. May there always be an open bar & may you never have to be the DD.

Not only did I make some year long personal goals for 2016, which you can find here. But I break down new goals each month. I find it's the best way to keep my energy focused where I need it right then & there.

So, first things first, how 'bout a little 6 month check in on my 2016 goals. A + next to the goal indicates it's going well & I'm pleased with my progress // the goal is completed. A - indicates there is more work to be done, or that I best kick it up a notch.

6 month check-in :

bake more +
While I've tried out fewer new recipes than I would have liked, I have baked something each month. Sometimes recipes are tried & true for a reason & they're worth making over & over again. Like my miracle muffin recipe.



find a church -
save more $$$ +

read more books +
I set a 25 book goal for the year & am 10 deep so far for the year. Considering I didn't read a single book in April, I'm a-okay with this #.

lighten the load + & -
I did really well with this during the first few months of the year, but my enthusiasm has waned. It's time to get back to it & use these rainy days before summer is in full swing to get some more junk out the door.
_________________________________________________________________

May goal report card : 

run a 5K +
I placed 2nd in my 20-29 age group!!! You can read my race recap here.



read 3 books +
I actually managed to read 4.5 :)

drop 5 LBs -
My gym closed for 2 weeks for renovations, so I just didn't work out at all. Not my best choice.

meet the parents +
My parents met the BF's parents & everything went just swimmingly. I would like to thank booze & awkward small talk for making this possible. Haha.

invest my $$$ -ish
I've done my research, I know where I want my $. But I think the market is headed down, I want to see if waiting a week or two longer to invest will help me get a little more bang for my buck. I did up my 401K contribution by 1%, so I'm pleased with that.
_________________________________________________________________

June goals :

{run a 5K}
I'm still chasing that sub 25:00.

{drop 5LBs}
Carried over from May. I'm not looking to do this all at once, but I want to get back to a place where I feel comfortable in my own skin.

{no workouts missed}
To go along with my drop 5LB goal, I've created a workout schedule. One that will focus on some speed to get my that sub 25 & cross-training since it's one of my favorite parts of the "off-season". You can find it here if you're interested.

{track all meals in MFP}

{70,000+ steps per week}
This would average out to 10,000 per day, but some days I know will always be more active than others. 

{up my evergreen content game}
Evergreen content is content that is continually relevant. Things like recipes, workouts, how-to guides & tips // tricks. Think things that would get pinned to Pinterest vs a recap of my weekend. I love posting about my weekends & my workouts & I don't plan to stop that, but I do feel like I've got things to say that others might want to "hear". So, I better start typing!

What are your June goals?
How many steps do you aim to take each day?
What's your favorite cross - training workout?

14 comments:

  1. Congrats on your 5k run and finish! That is totally awesome. You are quite inspiring. My goal for today is to drink lots of coffee and eat lots of chocolate. So far, so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On a more serious note (though the coffee and chocolate is serious), my goal for June is to be the best teacher I can be :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drinking lots of coffee is a goal of mine every day too. ;)

      But seriously, striving to be a great teacher is such an amazing goal. Though, I'm sure, not an easy one towards the end of the school year when the kids are ready to be out the door!

      Delete
  3. I really need to find my FitBit charger and get back to using that and counting steps. Also, I would like to say that after being married 3 years, the awkward small talk between the parents does not end. If anything, it just get weirder. Yay for hitting so many goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha oh geeze. & here I was thinking the small talk would get better. -__-

      Yes! Find your FitBit charger! It seriously holds me accountable for getting up & moving more!

      Delete
  4. i love my fitness pal there is almost every food i eat on their database which is amazing! good luck with that 5k goal i have put all speed goals to the back burner until winter i just dont perform as well in the heat :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always just get confused // discouraged when I'm eating a food that I didn't prepare myself, but isn't packaged. Like, IDK, lasagna. There will be so many different options, but they're all so different in calories. I never have any idea which one to pick.

      Delete
  5. So is this Evergreen thing an app. or just like an idea for what you want to do with your posts? I'm curious. Love things that make you more organized in life - even brain organized.
    I need to up my water in take AND my step goal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to get back into running again....if you find a good 5k and want someone to do it with let me know :) I'm thinking about doing Riverview again this year and maybe one other. I need to be held accountable so I can get back to training!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll let you know! I've never done any of the city 5Ks, but I've always heard good things!

      Delete
  7. It sounds like you had a pretty great month - and an exciting month ahead! But how in the heck is it June already? We're already talking about our Christmas vacation and it's not actually that far away! Crazy!

    I'm not really a goal setter as I'm pretty self motivated (and don't really need a specific goal to aim for) but in June I'd like to spend a little more time reading than I have done recently!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get all self motivated & then have such an easy time losing my spark, especially when life gets busy. But, once I tell the Internet I plan to do something...I have to follow through, right?

      Delete
  8. I don't know if the day will come when I'll run a 5K in under 25 mins but good for you!!! I always aim for 10,000 steps a day! I'm on my feet for work, so it usually works out :) I wrote a blog post with my June goals and I cannot believe the year is halfway over. It's terrifying. I would like to join you with saving more money but I'm up to my eyeballs in debt, so I'm utilizing the "snowballing effect" & trying to pay off the least amounts of debt first. Maybe once I make a dent in those I'll feel better about saving more. UGH, adulting is hard.

    xoxo
    Danielle
    Afloat On A Full Sea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saving $$$ can be so tough, but seriously, the feeling of security is amazing!

      Delete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!