Friday, May 27, 2016

Friday Five #23

This week has been jam-packed! I've had plans of some sort every night & tonight I'll head home to visit the fam, before a quick day trip to Indianapolis on Sunday for the Indy 500 with my Dad. (Anyone else going to the Indy500?)

So think of this as a a Friday Five // Recap of my week.
Tell me what you've been up to this week in the comments!

{one}
Monday evening my friend Stef & I headed to a local bar for Pop Craft. I had found a Groupon & signed us up.


We used 100 year old reclaimed wood to form our canvas & then picked from all sorts of stencils & paints to make our piece. I used the Pennsylvania state outline & combined it with the Pittsburgh skyline to make mine.




It was such a fun "class" & I loved having the freedom to choose all the details I wanted vs a  Paint Night class that only allows you to paint the selected piece for that night. So, if you're in Pittsburgh, I would definitely recommend. Monica was such a sweetheart & so encouraging. And I've got an eye on their project next month that lets you create a wood mounted bottle opener. I think it would be so fun to mount on the back porch!

{two}
 I'm not saying food is my love language...since it's not technically a love language. But it should be. So, making me ribs for dinner is pretty much the equivalent to confessing your unwavering & undying love for me. Thanks BF. Love you too. :)


{three}
My new FitBit Charge came in the mail on Monday! Wahoo! It's got me jazzed about moving & since I'm competitive it gets my butt up & moving around at work, which I desperately need. Who wants to be friends & join a work week challenge?!



{four}
I've been binge watching Friday Night Lights on Netflix recently. So good & truly not all about football. And have the biggest crush on Tim Riggins, played by Canadian model Taylor Kitsch. Something about his long hair & Southern accent. None of which are real life. He plays a little bit of a hard-ass on the show, but by Season 4 you can tell he's a big softie.


{five}
The BF & I met up with some friends Thursday night to check out a local brewery. I'm not a beer drinker, but I tried a baby beer (5oz pour) of their Coffee Porter & really enjoyed it.



I also saw THIS when I Google Mapped my way there & panicked I would never make it, but somehow there was zero traffic.



What was the best part of your week?
Anyone else watch Friday Night Lights? - hands off Tim Riggins, you know, if he ever comes knocking.
What's your love language?

I'm linking up with MarCynthia, CourtneyHeather, Amanda, Andrea & Tif

14 comments:

  1. That's so cool that you're going to the Indy 500! I went like 7 years ago, it was a blast. That popcraft class sounds like so much fun, and your painting looks awesome! I love coffee porters :) Have a great weekend and enjoy Indy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so loved that Taylor played Gambit in the Wolverine movie & SOOOOO WISH he would have gotten a spin off for that. I love Gambit & LOVED him playing that character!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That painting is so cool!
    Fitbits are great motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks especially for #4. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lux! Haha. Paws off "Tim" ;)

      Delete
  5. that class thing looks so fun, way better than the normal paint classes where you can only paint one thing. and a wood mounted bottle opener sounds awesome! i have never watched friday night lights but everyone tells me i need to lol. and um yes, food SHOULD be a love language haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the unofficial 6th love language, says I.

      Yes, I want to find a date that works for me for that bottle opener workshop because I think even the BF would enjoy having that around.

      Delete
  6. I LOVE Friday Night Lights! I binged it when Ryan was a newborn and so, so good! And I love that class! I'm always skeptical of those painting classes since I don't think the art work is my style so i dig being able to choose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on Season 4 now & I'm trying to watch slowly & savor each episode, but I can't. And I'm probably going to be sad when it's all over.

      Delete
  7. That Pop Craft is seriously SO cool!! I'm in Pittsburgh, so I am for sure checking it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! Unique & something I would actually hang on my walls too!

      Delete
  8. Get this...we've watch the entire seasons of Friday Night Lights TWICE!!! Love me some ribs and I'm obsessed with my Fitbit, lol! Happy holiday weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your painting is so cute! What a fun thing to do with friends!

    Hooray for your fitbit coming! You'll have to let me know what you think as I think my Striiv is on the way out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That painting place looks so cool! I've always wanted to go to one of those!

    ReplyDelete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!