Monday, April 25, 2016

Weekend Highlights : Doors of Eastern Europe

I managed to not take a single picture all weekend. And it felt awesome. So, what's that...you said it's okay? You said instead I can intersperse my weekend happenings with pictures of random doors I took on vacation? My dear, simply ask and you shall receive...I present to you...Weekend Highlights, Doors of Eastern Europe Edition.

Ran 6 miles (+2 miles on Friday), which makes for 8 miles run in the last 2.5 weeks. Pittsburgh Half Marathon, here I come.


Saw the BF for the first time since April 3rd & to celebrate he made me post-run french toast. And let me have the last piece of bacon, instead of splitting it 50/50. That's love.


Soaked up the sunshine by walking a 5 mile loop at nearby North Park & saw some seriously interesting people.


Grilled burgers for dinner & hosted our first campfire of the year. I dipped out & went to bed well before people left. 3AM is too late to stay at your friends house. #SorryNotSorry.


Painted 40 wine glasses as wedding shower favors for a friend.


And wished Monday hadn't come so soon.

Linking up with Holly,Tricia & Katie to share.

What was one of your weekend highlights?
How late is too late to stay at a friends house?
What's your favorite thing to cook on the grill?

13 comments:

  1. I love colorful doors - gives such personality to a home.
    Some weekends, i'm all about pictures & others, I'm like, Screw it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly didn't even realize at the time. I sat down Sunday night to write my post & looked through my phone & was like welp.

      Delete
  2. Fun door photos :) And post run french toast sounds amazing! I'm impressed that you helped out with painting those wine glasses. I hope it was fun at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so not creative so it was quite a step outside the box for me. I mostly just followed directions & helped clean up!

      Delete
  3. 3am is definitely too late to stay at someone's house and i totally would have gone to bed as well. last time we had a party, kc fell asleep on the couch so i kicked everyone out haha bye felicias. mm bacon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could do that. I do it to my friends all the time, but I feel bad when they're his friends. Especially because of his schedule he doesn't get to see them all the time. Shrugs. Whatever.

      Last time we had people over we BOTH came in & went to bed & people still stayed. Like wtf?

      Delete
  4. I love all of these doors but especially the bright blue ones! (Mine are Algerian Red.) I would have gone to bed too. That's way too late for friends (or anyone else) to stay. I wish you would have posted a picture of the wine glasses you painted. Thanks for linking with us Jessie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll see if I can snag one, we ended up with all different designs and it didn't so much as even cross my mind to take a picture. Haha.

      Delete
  5. I love that you took these photos as it's something I would capture. I always tell Jesse that if we ever build a house, my hardest decision will be deciding on a door and then deciding on the colour :P

    As for how late is too late? It totally depends on the friend! I'm an early sleeper, however, we do have some friends who time just seems to fly by with and all of a sudden we're like "wait? It's 2am? Oh... we should get to sleep"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. I've definitely had those OMG how is it so late moments. This was not one of those moments. Haha. Not worth me losing sleep over.

      Yesss. I love bright, unique doors. A teal or a bright blue or green will be my choice some day. I'll design the house around it, not the other way around. Haha

      Delete
  6. I love all the pictures of doors I think my favorite is the bright blue one! Ha friends up til 3AM at your house? Boy you throw a mean party huh? I guess it would depend on the situation but I think it's pretty late, ummm well early for the next morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't even have snacks! We laughed the next morning. We always have beer & wine, but everyone brought their own stuff to drink, because they're picky. Then we had no snacks (IDK how this happened). I think all the chips & salsa were eaten by 8PM. & yet somehow...people still wanted to stay.

      Delete
  7. Ugh, Monday always comes too soon doesn't it!? Looks like a fun weekend, though! I don't blame you for leaving the campfire early - 3 AM is really late!

    Cool door pictures. 😊

    ReplyDelete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!