Friday, April 22, 2016

Friday Five #18

I have no idea what day it is. I got back from my Europe trip (recaps starting next week!) late Tuesday night, showed up to work on Wednesday like a zombie (with a super full email inbox) & it felt like Monday. Thankfully it wasn't. So, now it's Friday. But my brain is still confuzzled.

I'm pretty excited for the weekend. Thanks to sucky schedules it's been 3 weeks since I've seen the BF, despite only being on vacation for 2 weeks. I haven't seen him since I got back, but I'll finally get to tomorrow after my run! For only living 20 minutes apart it's super frustrating to not be able to see each other.

So, let's get into some Friday Five. I'll warn you, it's quite the hodge-podge. Happy Weekend, people.

{one}
 Just say NO to the drama, Mama
There has been some work drama, apparently brewing while I was gone. & let me just say I am staying OUT OF IT. Ain't nobody got time for that. I trust no one. I keep my damn thoughts to myself, as much as I can anyways, and stay out of it.


{two}
Food Waste
I am oh so proud about how little food I had to throw away prior to leaving for vacation. We're talking like 2 tomatoes. BUT...coming home to a barren fridge & freezer is zero units of fun. I had 2 meals worth of Ramen yesterday before I finally made it to the grocery store today.

{three}
Adulting...
So, I wrote this post last week...on adulting...you can read it here. And then something posessed me to look in the crisper drawers in my fridge last night. Only to find a HUGE Tupperware container filled with 3/4 of a stewed chicken. I cannot even remember the last time I stewed a whole chicken. Maybe during Whole 30, back in January??? But, I'm scratching my head trying to figure out how I could forget about 3/4 of a chicken!? How did I have that much extra food lying around? And were it not one of my favorite Tupperware containers, that would have gone straight in the trash. Instead...I tried not to breathe while I scraped the contents into the trash can & washed it, three times.


{four}
My friend sent this to me after my flying rant about people I encountered while flying. Umm yup. This guy gets me. Someone ran over my foot with their rolling suitcase once in an airport. Like, are your spacial reasoning skills that bad? The worst part is, the woman didn't even notice.

{five}
Can't get enough of this song. It auto-played on YouTube after another Avicii song I was listening to & then when I was overseas I heard it a time or two. So maybe you've already heard it. I swear. Pittsburgh is always 3 months+ behind on new music.



Be honest, have you ever just thrown out Tupperware so you wouldn't have to wash it?
What are you most excited for this weekend?
Random : Do you like sprinkles on your donuts? -- I prefer mine without, but hey, a donut is a donut.

12 comments:

  1. I can't believe you went to work Wednesday morning after getting back Tuesday night! That's impressive. And I've definitely thrown away Tupperware to avoid washing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a former Flight Attendant I could go on and on about random ppl in the airport and on my flights.You encounter many inconsiderate ppl. It makes you always appreciate the nice ones.-L

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have totally thrown that tupperware away. Which reminds me, I have a few things to get out of the fridge today...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh - there is ALWAYS drama at my work (I work with the worlds biggest DRAMA QUEEN!!!) ... its why I sit at my desk with earbuds 99% of the time - try to stay far away from it.

    I have thrown away way too much tupperware because I dont want to deal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are brave - I wouldn't have cared if it was an antique Tupperware that my great grandmother brought over from Britain or something - trash the whole thing. But I've so been there, done that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm the same way about drama--I try to avoid it at all costs! Have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always stay out of work drama... NO THANK YOU!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've thrown out Tupperware to not have to wash it before. Honestly though, it had gotten to the point of no return and I truly believed that washing it was futile.

    Ahh...flying...it really seems to bring out the worst in people, doesn't it? I agree with some of that list but the rest of it, honestly, seems a little bit petty. Like why do you care if someone has to check a bag? How does that affect your life at all?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I threw it out not so much because I didn't want to wash it, but because it stank so bad and I feared the smell would never come out!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you're home safe and sound, girl! How did you go to work on Wednesday after only getting home Tuesday night?!?! I would have been dead to the world :P

    I have definitely thrown out tupperware if something nasty has been left in there for way too long. My mum is pretty much the worst person when it comes to organising her fridge and everytime I clean it out for her I find some hidden gems in the back of the fridge where she forgets to look. Usually they're so gross they go straight in the garbage.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahaha yes i absolutely would have thrown it out vs washing it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't even know how you are functioning, let alone know what day it is. And eeeeek I would be tossing that tupperware!

    ReplyDelete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!