Friday, April 15, 2016

Friday Five #17

Given that I'm off adventuring I thought today would be a great day to share my travel bucket list. The long version is, I want to go everywhere. The short version is, I guess I could narrow it down, if I HAD to. I've narrowed it down to my top 5. The places high on my bucket list to tackle in the next few years. One big trip a year & I can come close to hitting them all by the time I'm 30.

In no particular order, because honestly, when it really comes down to it, I look at cost & time of year I'm able to travel. I don't want to head somewhere in the dead of winter if that's going to prevent me from doing the things I want to do. Nor am I going to blow my budget & sacrifice my ability to take a trip the next year. So, here we go.

1. Torres Del Paine National Park, Chile (Patagonia Region)


I want to hike the "W" the famous route that hikes a vague W shape through the park. It's a several day trek. But these views? Worth it.

Torres del Paine National Park, Chile
Photo : Illusion Wanderer
Source : Instagram @ carmenlopez_m
2. Machu Picchu


I would love to hike the Inca Trail & really earn my views. Cusco, a nearby town, an a UNESCO World Heritage site is also on my list while I'm there.

OPENER2 (10)
Photo : Anna Stowe Travel // Almay
3. Reykjavik, Iceland

I want to see the whole country, but the capital city seems like a good place to start. Iceland hosts a geothermal spa (The Blue Lagoon) & a great place to see the Northern Lights.

Kirkjufell
Photo : Coolbiere
Iceland via A Beautiful Mess
Photo : Elsie Larson

4. Switzerland 

Interlaken, Lucerne, the Alps. I want to see it all. And hike everywhere. And then stay in a fancy chalet & curl up by a fireplace drinking good Swiss hot chocolate. Is that too much to ask?

Photo : Andrea Visca

Lake Lucern, Switzerland
Source : PinPopulars
5. Thailand

Every time I see a photo like this it makes me want to hop on a plane. This water, the boats, the knowledge that floating markets are a thing in Thailand.

Photo : Getty, source



A floating market is a market where goods are sold from boats. Originating in times and places where water transport played an important role in daily life, most floating markets operating today mainly serve as tourist attractions, and are chiefly found in Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam.  Damnoen Saduak Floating Market is a notable floating market in Ratchaburi, Thailand, and a major tourist destination. The floating market at Damnoen Saduak is the old traditional way of selling vegetables, fruits,etc. from a small boat. Produce sold includes Malacca grape, Chinese grapefruit, mangoes, bananas, and coconut.
Photo : Incredible Pictures



What's at the top of your travel bucket list?
Do you like a relaxing vacation or do you like to do it all?
Ever been to any of these places?

4 comments:

  1. Machu Picchu and Thailand are definitely on my list as well. I'm going to hit Rejkjavik in May and am so excited about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant even imagine seeing these places with my own eyes. Amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. i would love to go to iceland and switzerland one day. we'll see! i like a mix of relaxing and doing it all, but probably more on the do stuff side of things lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes iceland!! that one you have to plan carefully if you want to see the northern lights there are only certain times during the year you can see them, but i bet you already knew that :)

    ReplyDelete

Because I value each & every comment I aim to respond to each one via email. Please make sure you are not a no-reply Blogger!